Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. maak een "maak je eigen code" pagina

maak in microsoft teams een pagina, die alleen beschikbaar is voor groep, zodat we een eigen code in die groep kunnen maken.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Languages

Add multiple languages please!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add Microsoft translator live discussions for the Classroom in Teams

Right now I can embed the website https://translator.microsoft.com/ as a tab in Teams. It would be nice to have the live lecture feature for the classroom as an add-in option.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. spellcheck

Teams (macOS) 1.1.00.11551: The spell check language defaults to English (Simplified), with no option to set the preference to use another language, e.g. English (Traditional). The distressing result is that correctly-spelled words are underlined red.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. option to translate all messages

Rather than having to select each message to translate, it would be convenient to be able to translate all messages at once.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Easy switch between languages

Easy switch between languages
    (Swedish/English) in Teams Classroom

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Deaf students and teachers

My students are deaf and I am also deaf. I need to be able to have a visual and have my lesson page available. I would like to see a visual classroom where students and teachers see each other and the lesson in available

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Expose the text boxes to system and third party Spell Checks

On MacOS, there is no way of exposing the content of text boxes in channels and chats to a language checker. I use Antidote which works great for English and French; I know there are others out there who would love to be able to spell-check their messages with professional third-party software.

For now, right-clicking on text only shows 3 options: cut, copy and paste. Why can’t I see all the other ones (Look up, Spelling and Grammar, Service, etc.)?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add a filter for foul language... young students love to spit out expletives sadly.

Please add a filter for foul language... young students love to spit out expletives sadly. As an elementary school teacher, I wish I did not have to police foul language but there it is. It takes precious time away from my instructional efforts when I have to watch things they say to each other. Thanks in advance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can I suggest special characters / keyboard for Spanish in the posts/messages?

A floating additional keyboard would be awesome when you type.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. censor Hate language

As a Teacher and owner of the team I'd like to be able to set some language conventions to be applied to the Conversations tab.

I'd like to be able to block all common swear words. Also the ability to add additonal custom words might be useful.

What would be amazing if MS could use some of it's AI powers to scan a message and flag comments it think might be abusive and hide them until the owner has approved them.

Currently Teams has the ability to mute people etc which is a useful tool. But it would be nice…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A full dictionary as a part of immersive reader.

The picture dictionary is good, but a full dictionary as part of immersive reader would be amazing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Usage of Term "Conversation" in French is confusing.

In french the section Chat is translated as "Conversation" and in the section Teams, the Tab Conversations is translated as "Conversations".
    From a user perspective this is a little confusing and it should be nice to keep Chat untranslated as it's commonly used in French too.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding Tagalog to immersive reader languages

Many of our English learners come from the Philippines. In their classes, it would be great if they could have Tagalog translations to use in the immersive reader tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Names to Live Captions

Live Captions don't have any user association to them. So it is just one "run-on" captioning. Can the names of attendees be added to help track the conversation?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To add English (United Kingdom) as a language feature for keyboard language. Because not everybody spells the way Americans do

Just to change the options for language settings to better suit people living in other countries.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MAKE ARABIC

GIVE ARABIC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Poor translations need to be improved

The language in translated versions of Teams should be proofread by qualified humans. The button "schedule" that must be clicked to post tasks in the future has been autotranslated to "tidsplan" in Norwegian, which is a correct translation of the noun "schedule", but it makes no sense in a context which requires a verb. A human would spot this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base