Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make a section were we can join all the meetings that we have previusly joined

Where we can join meetings we have joined In the past instead of entering the code everyday for class.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. a notebook for students but personal notebook

a notebook for students,
    students can keeps their notes (they can copy and paste it some texts and some screenshots) in personal notebook, then they don't need write it in their class notebook

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Class Notebook in Teams - consistency in functionality

MS Teams has expanded so much but for some reason, the development team fail to ensure all features found in the OneNote desktop app is carried over to the Teams hub. Why can't all versions / access points for our Class OneNotes be consistent in functionality? For instance, staff are unable to lock a section within the Teams hub, instead they have to access the desktop app to do this. Surely, consistency in the product's functionality is not too much to ask? Teachers want to use MS Teams but not if they have to keep going backwards with the tools.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Edit Distributed page

Add option to edit a page that has been distributed so all students get the edit and we don't have to go into each student folder to make an edit or delete the page

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Open up the possibillity to have a class notebook in each private channel in Teams

It would be a very good for the teachers to have the opportunity to have a team ( for the class) and each channel as a subject, but now the functionality isnt good. Each channel should be able to have a class notebook atached to it, for good work flow.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sync quizzes in Teams to quizzes in Class Notebook

When you assign a quiz in Teams, have option to distribute a copy to the class notebook. If students complete the quiz in class noteboook, record the grade in Teams grade tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Second submission for correction of mistakes/ 2nd draft

It would be very helpful if there's a setting that enables a distinguished second submission of homework (Rather than having me return their marked work and asking students to resubmit them after editing). It is especially helpful for writing class because students can submit a second draft after teacher's feedback and compare their pre-edited version and newer version.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be great if I could distribute a content library page from one student class notebook to another student class notebook, currentl

It would be great if I could distribute a content library page from one of my class notebooks for one cohort into another content library in another class notebook in another cohort. Currently I can do this but it puts it into the student only section - which isn't good as I want the information to be non editable by the students

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow me to have the class notebook open at the same time as the posts (like a web browser having the "open in a new window" option)

I often want to read what a student has written in their notebook, then notify them in the chat that they should check it for feedback. It would be useful to have both "posts" and "class notebook" open at the same time, like with a web browser having both tabs AND windows possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notifications clutter the General Posts "we" space.

Include a feature that allows you to prevent updates from appearing on the general posts page. The notifications clutter the page. In the settings under notifications, add an option for updates being shown/not shown on the general posts page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a way to transfer content in my teacher only sections to other teams

I have 5 periods that will have the same content for their notebooks. Currently, I have to recreate for each notebook which is too time consuming. Please make a way as I add content to one notebook I can click a button to add to other team notebooks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adding a feature to store and retrieve frequently used icons/images. Making them available in the same way as tags in the notebook section.

I use custom icons images to indicate to students what a section is for and whether or not it is tutor or student driven and whether an activity is individualised or a group activity. In order to get this working I have to constantly go through the insert Picture - Choose File - Insert options. This can slow down the process of creating a notebook. Can this process be made more streamlined and available from a tab in the same way that tags are available in the notebook? Can custom tags be created in a notebook. Instead of having the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For each channel (subject) there should be a separate classroom notebook

Just like math science language have their own physical notebooks so too in teams if a Teacher teaches more than one subject he should be able to establish a separate channel for each subject and have a separate classroom notebook for that subject. He should not have to open a separate team for each subject

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. OneNote syncing issues across platforms

Class Notebook / OneNote, specifically the Sections and Pages, when installed on Teams, and on the web version of Class Notebook / OneNote doesn't sync with the Sections and Pages on the standalone Class Notebook / OneNote for Windows 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. assignments appear in a section of the classnote book and able to be graded there.

If you could click on the class notebook and page through the assignments the student turned in

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. quick visual overview of student work in notebook

can you provide a quick visual overview of student work in class notebook similar to the same function in google classroom that provides a small image of the student work. I know there is the function to choose a page and go through each student but a one page summary that is visuala nd quick would be awesome.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Subsection group in Class Notebook in Teams of Students

Class Notebook within Teams for Students - allow teachers to have the same functions as they do in the Windows 10 app or the 2016 app or even online. I can't make subsection groups in my content library and this is incredibly frustrating in the primary setting - English is not just English for us.
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Claasnotebook doesn't distribute reliably.

Make it work, or at least send a warning if it hasn't distributed. I must make an assignment anyway to warn the class there is work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Subfolders in collaboration space

For group projects, I use the possibility, creatig folders in the collaboration folder for each group (the same group members have access to their group folder but not to the others). It would be helpful if I could create subfolders (for each theme) where I could create the group-folders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base