Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alerts for pages that have been edited in Class Notebook

I send pages via Assignments but pupils also update their own pages. Please make it possible to review all pages from all Class Notebooks across all Teams so that I can tick to have viewed and add comments but don't have to search for any updated work across multiple Teams and notebooks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Class Notebook in Teams - consistency in functionality

MS Teams has expanded so much but for some reason, the development team fail to ensure all features found in the OneNote desktop app is carried over to the Teams hub. Why can't all versions / access points for our Class OneNotes be consistent in functionality? For instance, staff are unable to lock a section within the Teams hub, instead they have to access the desktop app to do this. Surely, consistency in the product's functionality is not too much to ask? Teachers want to use MS Teams but not if they have to keep going backwards with the tools.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Lock individual student pages in OneNote

In OneNote for Windows 10 we can lock student pages but only if we distributed the page. In OneNote desktop we used to be able to lock individual student pages.
    We need this feature back. Students do homework in a OneNote page they create. Teachers will want to provide feedback and not have students edit the page after.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Option to send image to background in class notebook within Teams

It would be nice to have the option to send an image to the background when working with Class notebook from within Teams. Currently I need to open in app (desktop version) to get the option to set the image as background. When an image is not set to background, the students can deleted by accident or it moves on them as they are completing their work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add a setting in assignments and OneNote so that students cannot (accidentally) erase my markings.

Add a setting in assignments and OneNote so that students cannot (accidentally) erase my markings.

It would be great if there's a setting that would make the teacher's input/ marking only erasable by the teacher herself. Students might accidentally erase my marking when they do corrections.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. provide a one click screenshot button

it is very difficult to take screenshot in laptop as when i take screenshot with windows icon plus print screen the pop up of controlling the video and audio comes out and it interrupts the image of screenshot and give us trouble to take notes after class

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add co-authoring PDF documents

Students can currently work together (co-author) a word document. It would be very helpful if students could work simultaneously on a PDF and then save it with their comments--typed and written.

It is important that when students either type or use a stylus to fill out "worksheets" that the 'length' of the document not change.

Currently if students edit a word doc, then they can add paragraphs and the answers on various students' forms are in different places. Sometimes a one page worksheet could be expanded to two pages. We need the questions to stay in the same location on…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assignment/quiz/exam the original content posted by the teacher should not be editable

When I assign a homework, the student can (accidentally) delete a question or even delete the page containing the homework from their folder of the class notebook which is a huge problem especially in time constrained situations and with large classes.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrate Forms into Class Notebook so we can file quizzes into the dividers in Class Notebook

Integrate Forms into Class Notebook so we can file quizzes into the dividers in Class Notebook (similar to how we can file Assignments in Class Notebook)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. DIFICIL ORGANIZACIÓN PARA CLASES

En general, como todo Windows, tiene pocas opciones de personalizar, como el tema de visualización o edición.
    Si compartimos varios profesores los equipos, y el bloc de notas, todos pueden editar lo que hacemos. Puede darse errores de borrado.
    En las secciones que podemos crear en el bloc de notas se podría elegir a quién quieres dejar que visualice o edite.
    Se debería poder organizar mejor las distintas asignaturas dentro de cada equipo.
    El uso de canales está sólo habilitado prácticamente para notificaciones. Debería poder hacerse muchas más cosas con ellos, si es la única manera en como podemos organizar…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. subnote folder in teams class notebook setup

I would like to be able to create subfolders when creating a class notebook in teams, so that assignments and notes can be organized into chapters/units.
    I have created them in onenote after setting up the team notebook but can not select subfolders as a location for Teams assignments to be placed when they are completed. (I can choose them as a source for the assignment from the content library but not a destination for placing the finish assignment in student notebooks).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a set of backgrounds for Class Notebook pages in Teams - lined, squared, grid, handwriting guidelines...

Add a set of backgrounds for Class Notebook pages - lined, squared, handwriting line guides... I know that some of this is available in OneNote, but they don't carry over when pages are opened in Teams.
    This is a real opportunity for MS to gain traction in primary schools and move teachers over from the software the currently use on their interactive panels (e.g. Smart Notebook and ActivPrimary).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. OneNote 2016

Add ALL functions from OneNote 2016 to OneNote for Windows 10 or update OneNote 2016

I’ve tried using OneNote for Windows for a few weeks now and the functionality is terrible. Please would you add ALL the features of the 2016 edition to the latest one? And make it work? Features such as being able to insert a printout into a page from the doc on the page as well as in Class Notebooks distributing SUCCESSFULLY to students are just two of the features that I’m really missing. I’ve been told I should switch, but if it doesn’t work properly,…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. thumbnails of student work in class notebook

In ClassKick and Nearpod, the teacher can see an array of thumbnails of the students' work while they are working on it. I would like this option in the Class Notebook when I distribute an assignment. I'd like the ability to be able to watch the class as a whole with an array of thumbnails so I can click on one to see in more detail, or watch all as they work. This should be an option in "Review Student Work".

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Edit Distributed page

Add option to edit a page that has been distributed so all students get the edit and we don't have to go into each student folder to make an edit or delete the page

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Schedule distribution of pages to OneNote Notebooks

Several of our instructors would like to be able schedule the distribution of pages to student notebooks by date. This would allow pre-prepared worksheets pages to be sent at the same to student notebooks at the time every week accross the duration of the course.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide a way for Instructors to LOCK elements in ClassNotebook.

Provide a way for Instructors to LOCK specific elements in Class Notebook. This will allow teachers to build worksheets with only some areas editable (and delete-able)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Sync quizzes in Teams to quizzes in Class Notebook

When you assign a quiz in Teams, have option to distribute a copy to the class notebook. If students complete the quiz in class noteboook, record the grade in Teams grade tab.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Immersive Reader in PDFs

Our Springboard digital text allows me to put content into OneNote in .pdf format, but Immersive Reader won't read .pdfs to students.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Office Lens and Immersive Reader working inside Teams

As teachers increase use of Teams for class organization and students need to submit responses based on both paper and digital formats, it would be really helpful that Office Lens will upload to OneNote inside Teams and allow use of Immersive Reader to work in the same relationship as with standalone OneNote, able to recognize, read, translate, and enhance text. Thank you for considering!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base