Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignment/quiz/exam the original content posted by the teacher should not be editable

When I assign a homework, the student can (accidentally) delete a question or even delete the page containing the homework from their folder of the class notebook which is a huge problem especially in time constrained situations and with large classes.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate Forms into Class Notebook so we can file quizzes into the dividers in Class Notebook

Integrate Forms into Class Notebook so we can file quizzes into the dividers in Class Notebook (similar to how we can file Assignments in Class Notebook)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Office Lens and Immersive Reader working inside Teams

As teachers increase use of Teams for class organization and students need to submit responses based on both paper and digital formats, it would be really helpful that Office Lens will upload to OneNote inside Teams and allow use of Immersive Reader to work in the same relationship as with standalone OneNote, able to recognize, read, translate, and enhance text. Thank you for considering!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. It would be nice if you could enable LaTeX (a math programming language) on Office.

It would be great if you could enable LaTeX on the MS Teams interface.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hi, I am loving using Teams for my classes and teach Visual Arts. I use a lot of images and would love to wrap text and split screen.

Adding more features from Word. So my formatting doesn't change between Desktop app and browser. Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Going back to class notebook at same page

Suppose I am working in a sub section class notebook while in a meeting and have to go to the meeting page to chat or raise my hand...when I click the back arrow, it takes me back to the welcome page...instead it should take us back to the same page we were working on... Hope you address this though it is petty but will be very less painstaking for students and teachers who have to multitask a lot

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Custom Styles Font Formatting

Right now, when applying a style like Heading 1, OneNote defaults to only one kind of header in Calibri blue font. It would be great to create custom styles for uniform formatting like we do in Microsoft Word. While we can copy/paste from Word it would be great to do that in OneNote directly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow students to be added not in server directory.

Right now I can only add students our IT has added to the directory. However, most of our campuses are residential facilities so we might have students come in whose educational info we might not completely receive for multiple days but we'd want them to have access to classroom info and assignments as soon as they are able to.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Increase functionality in Manage Notebooks

Allow teachers to control their Notebook more easily eg delete sections or pages from student notebooks all at once, lock section and page order, restore deleted material

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Class Notebook ease of use and add features like delete a notebook for students who move away.

Please figure out a way to make the Class notebook load faster. It takes too long to open every single thing.

Class Notebook ease of use and add features like delete a notebook for students who move away.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide examples of notebooks

How about providing examples to show people more possibilities with the Class Notebook? Your training shows us the mechanics of how to set it up, but offer very little guidance: I know you want to give us freedom, but some direction would be nice!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. subnote folder in teams class notebook setup

I would like to be able to create subfolders when creating a class notebook in teams, so that assignments and notes can be organized into chapters/units.
    I have created them in onenote after setting up the team notebook but can not select subfolders as a location for Teams assignments to be placed when they are completed. (I can choose them as a source for the assignment from the content library but not a destination for placing the finish assignment in student notebooks).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. add students class notebook

I added a new member but it did not create a personal tab for them in the Class Notebook. I also tried to access this trough the Class Notebook App in Office 365 but the TEAM Class Notebook does not appear. Help!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Integrate Onenote with Teams

In the Mobile app of Teams, you have to install Onenote also to view class notes instead it can all be in one app that is Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. automatically switch text created from dark mode to light mode

With Teams integrating with the Class Notebook in OneNote, when students complete work in dark mode and I look at OneNote in light mode, I can't see their work. Can this switch in text color be made automatically?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make sure my work stays in existence

I don't know just please fix this - it was properly synced and my teacher marked it but now it is gone. I don't know why.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Easier Connect to Student

It would be nice to click on the folder with the student's name in Class Notebook to send them a message rather than going to the chat and then having to go back in to Class Notebook and find where I left off.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. thumbnails of student work in class notebook

In ClassKick and Nearpod, the teacher can see an array of thumbnails of the students' work while they are working on it. I would like this option in the Class Notebook when I distribute an assignment. I'd like the ability to be able to watch the class as a whole with an array of thumbnails so I can click on one to see in more detail, or watch all as they work. This should be an option in "Review Student Work".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alerts for pages that have been edited in Class Notebook

I send pages via Assignments but pupils also update their own pages. Please make it possible to review all pages from all Class Notebooks across all Teams so that I can tick to have viewed and add comments but don't have to search for any updated work across multiple Teams and notebooks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base