Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Class Notebook should notify upon corrections.

I have a suggestion regarding the class notebook. As a student, it would be really beneficial if I could get a notification whenever a teacher corrects the work that I have put in the notebook.
    It gets very difficult to look through all the notebooks and all my work to look for a correction.
    Thank you.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How can i know who remove me from microsoft teams meeting

How can i know who remove me from microsoft teams meeting, please help it's very urgent for me

Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hi I really would like an attendace platform to track my teams' members or even students

For the class I can't figure out who the exact member who've been entered or left during the meeting. It's very frustrating to track for example 50 people in one time so will you kindly attach something like what we find in schools. Creating a sheet to track the members. I'll be grateful to you, thanks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. delete a class notebook in teams

Ik heb via OneNote een notitieblok gemaakt. Bij Teams kan ik met Class Notebook een bestaande notitieblok toevoegen. Alleen wanneer dit toegevoegd is, kan je het niet meer verwijderen of een andere bestaande notitieblok toevoegen. Graag deze optie mogelijk maken.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sincronizar alumnado de equipos con los del Bloc de notas

No se puede añadir ni eliminar alumnado y profesorado en los blocs de notas creados en Teams, pero tampoco se sincronizan los alumnos nuevos añadidos o eliminados en un equipo en el propio bloc de notas.
    Es una función fundamental.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. everyone should know who has muted them or removed them from the meeting

we should know has muted someone or removed them from the meeting as it causes a problem for the teachers

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Class Notebook - Backwards page distribution for new students

Backwards page distribution for new students!! Instead of having to distribute pages every time a new student is added, have the option to automatically distribute previously distributed pages to a new students' notebook!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Primary teachers are not happy with Teams due to lack of easy to read icons -they want features like Seesaw

It would be so beneficial to be able to change function words to icons so that young students who are emerging readers can independently use Teams. Teachers in our district want to use Seesaw. It has the same features but it easier for young students to use...at an extra cost.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lock pages but still allow students to type edit them

Please lock the pages in the class notebook so students cannot delete the pages. The student can still type on and edit the pages but they will not be able to delete them.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Reveal function in Classnotebook --- Insert Shapes option

Hi,

So I am using this as an instructional platform as a special education teacher. In Class Notebook.... it would be helpful to have Insert shapes like in word. Also would be helpful to have a way to insert a reveal feature. I have added a PDF that I wrote on in blue to differentiate the work and make visuals easier. I want to hide the answer and reveal it as needed once the students walk me through the answer. I have been unable to find a way to cover it up temporarily with a colored box. Then move the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow video files to be placed in Class Notebook; embedded directly rather than linked to another site.

Instructional video files should be able to play from directly within a page in Class Notebook. This would save time and duplication of work for staff and make for a smoother student experience.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Merging existing OneNote notebook with Teams Notebook

If you can't make it so that my OneNote group notebook merges with the Team notebook, you should AT LEAST make it so that I can get rid of the PLC Notebook tab so that it's not confusing when I make a new tab with a website like to the actual OneNote group notebook.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a setting in assignments and OneNote so that students cannot (accidentally) erase my markings.

Add a setting in assignments and OneNote so that students cannot (accidentally) erase my markings.

It would be great if there's a setting that would make the teacher's input/ marking only erasable by the teacher herself. Students might accidentally erase my marking when they do corrections.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. provide a one click screenshot button

it is very difficult to take screenshot in laptop as when i take screenshot with windows icon plus print screen the pop up of controlling the video and audio comes out and it interrupts the image of screenshot and give us trouble to take notes after class

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add co-authoring PDF documents

Students can currently work together (co-author) a word document. It would be very helpful if students could work simultaneously on a PDF and then save it with their comments--typed and written.

It is important that when students either type or use a stylus to fill out "worksheets" that the 'length' of the document not change.

Currently if students edit a word doc, then they can add paragraphs and the answers on various students' forms are in different places. Sometimes a one page worksheet could be expanded to two pages. We need the questions to stay in the same location on…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. DIFICIL ORGANIZACIÓN PARA CLASES

En general, como todo Windows, tiene pocas opciones de personalizar, como el tema de visualización o edición.
    Si compartimos varios profesores los equipos, y el bloc de notas, todos pueden editar lo que hacemos. Puede darse errores de borrado.
    En las secciones que podemos crear en el bloc de notas se podría elegir a quién quieres dejar que visualice o edite.
    Se debería poder organizar mejor las distintas asignaturas dentro de cada equipo.
    El uso de canales está sólo habilitado prácticamente para notificaciones. Debería poder hacerse muchas más cosas con ellos, si es la única manera en como podemos organizar…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Class Notebook

Create a template for notebook layout that can be edited and automatically reflect changes in class notebooks.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Team NoteBooks page templates

Will the The Notebook Feature in teams ever be able to allow page templates to be added. currently if i add a template to MY teams class notebook when it is open in the One-note desktop that template is stripped away when it goes back to the teams notebook web view. example Cornell notes with lined paper. The lines from the paper template are removed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Lock individual student pages in OneNote

In OneNote for Windows 10 we can lock student pages but only if we distributed the page. In OneNote desktop we used to be able to lock individual student pages.
    We need this feature back. Students do homework in a OneNote page they create. Teachers will want to provide feedback and not have students edit the page after.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to send image to background in class notebook within Teams

It would be nice to have the option to send an image to the background when working with Class notebook from within Teams. Currently I need to open in app (desktop version) to get the option to set the image as background. When an image is not set to background, the students can deleted by accident or it moves on them as they are completing their work.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base