Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. notebook

I would like to be able to attach a notebook I've already created to my team instead of having it default to a new notebook

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Indian Languages for Dictate tool

Indian Languages for Dictate tool

Microsoft always consider "inclusive" approach for their products and services. In Class Notebook currently one can use immersive reader to get translation of given page in most of the Indian languages.

Dictate tool reduces time and efforts of students as well as educators while creating their own content or taking notes. Speaking native languages and system converting that speech to text makes it is for every age group.

Requesting team to get this feature so that it can support millions of students, learners to learn & create using their native language. Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Synchronise Class Notebook name if Team name is changed

Allow better integration between Team name and Class Notebook name. If a Team name is currently changed, this does not automatically change the name of the Notebook and the link between the two is damaged, meaning assignments/grades, etc, do not work correctly. Implement a system whereby there is a natural link between the Team name and the Class Notebook (OneNote) file name.

Extend synchronisation to if a channel name is changed, for the corresponding sharepoint area.

At present, there is little synchronisation when anything is changed.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Class Notebook should notify upon corrections.

I have a suggestion regarding the class notebook. As a student, it would be really beneficial if I could get a notification whenever a teacher corrects the work that I have put in the notebook.
    It gets very difficult to look through all the notebooks and all my work to look for a correction.
    Thank you.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. How can i know who remove me from microsoft teams meeting

How can i know who remove me from microsoft teams meeting, please help it's very urgent for me

Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Hi I really would like an attendace platform to track my teams' members or even students

For the class I can't figure out who the exact member who've been entered or left during the meeting. It's very frustrating to track for example 50 people in one time so will you kindly attach something like what we find in schools. Creating a sheet to track the members. I'll be grateful to you, thanks.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. delete a class notebook in teams

Ik heb via OneNote een notitieblok gemaakt. Bij Teams kan ik met Class Notebook een bestaande notitieblok toevoegen. Alleen wanneer dit toegevoegd is, kan je het niet meer verwijderen of een andere bestaande notitieblok toevoegen. Graag deze optie mogelijk maken.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Merging existing OneNote notebook with Teams Notebook

If you can't make it so that my OneNote group notebook merges with the Team notebook, you should AT LEAST make it so that I can get rid of the PLC Notebook tab so that it's not confusing when I make a new tab with a website like to the actual OneNote group notebook.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cannot add students to a Class Notebook created in TEAMS.

We cannot add students to a Class Notebook created in TEAMS. I have another teacher with the same problem. We use Class NB daily so we are familiar with the process. Please HELP!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Prevent Class Notebook Page / Section Deletion

Please offer an option to prevent the accidental deletion of any class notebook content and the option to restore deleted student pages or sections. Currently if a student deletes their notebook pages they are permanently lost

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sincronizar alumnado de equipos con los del Bloc de notas

No se puede añadir ni eliminar alumnado y profesorado en los blocs de notas creados en Teams, pero tampoco se sincronizan los alumnos nuevos añadidos o eliminados en un equipo en el propio bloc de notas.
    Es una función fundamental.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Class Notebook - Backwards page distribution for new students

Backwards page distribution for new students!! Instead of having to distribute pages every time a new student is added, have the option to automatically distribute previously distributed pages to a new students' notebook!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Primary teachers are not happy with Teams due to lack of easy to read icons -they want features like Seesaw

It would be so beneficial to be able to change function words to icons so that young students who are emerging readers can independently use Teams. Teachers in our district want to use Seesaw. It has the same features but it easier for young students to use...at an extra cost.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reveal function in Classnotebook --- Insert Shapes option

Hi,

So I am using this as an instructional platform as a special education teacher. In Class Notebook.... it would be helpful to have Insert shapes like in word. Also would be helpful to have a way to insert a reveal feature. I have added a PDF that I wrote on in blue to differentiate the work and make visuals easier. I want to hide the answer and reveal it as needed once the students walk me through the answer. I have been unable to find a way to cover it up temporarily with a colored box. Then move the…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Increase functionality in Manage Notebooks

Allow teachers to control their Notebook more easily eg delete sections or pages from student notebooks all at once, lock section and page order, restore deleted material

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow video files to be placed in Class Notebook; embedded directly rather than linked to another site.

Instructional video files should be able to play from directly within a page in Class Notebook. This would save time and duplication of work for staff and make for a smoother student experience.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Class Notebook

Create a template for notebook layout that can be edited and automatically reflect changes in class notebooks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Team NoteBooks page templates

Will the The Notebook Feature in teams ever be able to allow page templates to be added. currently if i add a template to MY teams class notebook when it is open in the One-note desktop that template is stripped away when it goes back to the teams notebook web view. example Cornell notes with lined paper. The lines from the paper template are removed.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. automatically switch text created from dark mode to light mode

With Teams integrating with the Class Notebook in OneNote, when students complete work in dark mode and I look at OneNote in light mode, I can't see their work. Can this switch in text color be made automatically?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. H5P

Can we add embed code from H5P activities please?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base