Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add open in OneNote online option for Class Notebooks like in Classroom

When clicking on Class Notebook in MS Classroom, it used to open in OneNote online and thus give full functionality. Currently in Teams it only shows the welcome pages, and you can't get to the content library or collaboration space. The only option given is to open in desktop, but surely there should be an option to open in OneNote online, or even better, to have the OneNote online functionality right inside Teams without having to go to a separate OneNote online tab.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Private Channels and OneNote Collaboration Space Permissions

For in-class groups, private channels in Teams and private collaboration spaces in OneNote (using permissions) are both very useful features. However linking these so that I don't have to make each one separately would save me time as a teacher.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can see everyone's face, including teachers during lesson. And also, have 4 people screen.

Can see everyone's face, including teachers during lesson. And also, have 4 people screen.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Highlight folders that have new entries in Class Notebook.

Highlight folders that have new entries in Class Notebook.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Lock/make read-only an entire Class Notebook within Teams

If you do not want students to write in their class notebooks after a certain date, it seems like you need to lock individual pages (very time consuming for large classes).
    If you archive a Team it does not appear to archive the class notebook as students can still access the notebook via office.com.
    Please could you develop a way to lock a class notebook for the whole class within a Team?

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. remove tabs

For grades K-2 let us be able to remove tabs from the top that we do not use. ie class notebook and grades

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make an view all assignments buttons.

Make a view all button in the assignments area so that way it can show you all the assignments in the classes you have. I hate having to scroll through everything just to find the right class and find the assignments page. just please do it.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability to embed websites or shared documents in Teams Class Notebook

I would love to be able to embed websites and shared documents/powerpoint/spreadsheets into Teams Class Notebook. Students could then edit the document directly in that space instead of having to open them up in Office Online.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow teachers a way to copy the same section from one notebook to another.

I Teach 5 different classes, some multiple times a day for a total of 7 classes a day. Starting off I wanted all classes to be doing the same thing. I want to be able to copy a section from my 1st period team "teacher only" section to my other class teams "teacher only' section so that I can use the section as an assignment for the kids to answer things on all 10 pages within that section.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. record the time of when a participant joins or leaves the meeting

It is useful for keeping track of student participation

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Delete old Teams

We should be able to delete old Teams that we were invited to and aren't relevant now

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. allow for renaming of the PLC notebook

Need to be able to rename the PLC notebook. I understand it is not actually called PLC notebook but in your general channel that is how it is displayed.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Set up existing class notebook

Allow team owners to set up class notebook by selecting an existing class notebook rather than creating a new one.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Hide pages

I would like the ability as a teacher to hide pages within a section. My primary teachers provide homework a week at a time, and as the year goes on they pile up, and the teachers want to hide the old stuff to make it easier for the kids to find the more recent stuff. They want to be able to choose when they hide them, in case there's a multi-week situation.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Managing Student Preferences- DESELECT ALL BUTTON NEEDED

I am trying to make groups in the collaboration space of OneNote and only allow for certain students to be in each group. When I manage student preferences, ALL students are checked and there is no box to deselect all. I have to manually de-select all students. I have 10 groups, in 5 classes, with an average of 40 students in each class, so for each group, I have to deselect 36 students manually. PLEASE add an option to UNCHECK ALL.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. notebook

I would like to be able to attach a notebook I've already created to my team instead of having it default to a new notebook

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow "Auto-lock" feature of student notebooks to be disabled.

I have many students who visit a handout in their student section of the class notebook and then it auto locks and will not allow them to make changes. It is not tied to them finishing their work, nor is it always related to the deadline. I want these pages to stay open and changeable indefinitely. Currently the only way to unlock them is to do so one assignment at a time in one notebook at a time. I want the option to turn this auto-lock feature OFF, so I do not have to unlock these sections by hand each…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. everyone should know who has muted them or removed them from the meeting

we should know has muted someone or removed them from the meeting as it causes a problem for the teachers

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show all recordings of lectures of all class seperately as Recordings List

It will bw more helpful if i can find all class recordings in one place.
    it'll be easy for me to find and revise my old lectures. As the lecture recordings are being expired in 20 days since last update i'm missing many lectures without getting 100% knowledge from that lecture.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Indian Languages for Dictate tool

Indian Languages for Dictate tool

Microsoft always consider "inclusive" approach for their products and services. In Class Notebook currently one can use immersive reader to get translation of given page in most of the Indian languages.

Dictate tool reduces time and efforts of students as well as educators while creating their own content or taking notes. Speaking native languages and system converting that speech to text makes it is for every age group.

Requesting team to get this feature so that it can support millions of students, learners to learn & create using their native language. Hindi, Marathi, Bengali, Tamil,…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base