Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate OneNote into Teams

Right now, when you "integrate" OneNote as a Tab in a channel it is just a web browser that opens a notebook in OneNote Online. Could you really integrate OneNote into Teams like you did with Planner?

119 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add/Remove students in Class Notebooks

Please make it possible to add/remove students once a Class Notebook is made in Teams. Not being able to add/remove students makes Teams Class Notebooks inconvenient.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the ability to have more than one OneNote Class Notebook per Team.

I'd like to be able to add a Class Notebook per channel. At this stage there is only the class notebook available in the General channel. If I have a channel fro each subject area. They will each need their own Class Notebook.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Onenote and Teams- Adding Preexisting OneNote Notebooks to Teams

Could you please make it possible to add pre exisiting OneNote Notebooks to teams?

Thank you,

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. rename class notebook in teams

Rename a class notebook in Teams
    I would like to be able to rename a class notebook created by Teams.

This is because they all begin with "Notebook for..." ("Notatblokk for..." in my language region). This makes it very hard to distinguish a list of notebooks in the OneNote app.

A notebook can be renamed in Sharepoint, but this breaks the link between Teams and the notebook.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. raise hand feature in a classroom

add raise hand feature in a classroom

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. notifications when students work in their notebooks.

I have so many students online right now because of the quarantine, and it would be nice to receive notifications for when a specific students writes in their notebook and to know which tab they worked on. Otherwise, I need to click through each class, each student, and each tab.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assign section as assignment

I want to be able to assign a whole section of OneNote class notebook as an assignment. So that students can submit multiple pages under a section heading especially for portfolio work where I want them to submit a number of different pieces of writing.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Inking Bug when reviewing OneNote pages in Teams

I tried to leave this feedback through the "Report a Problem" option, but my rant is too long.

I'm reviewing my first student OneNote assignment through the Teams interface. Normally I grade only through OneNote, but I want to use the rubric feature Teams provides. At the same time I use the rubric, I still want to leave feedback through ink on a student's OneNote page. This can't be done without it being a cumbersome awkward process that no teacher wants do. Here's why

While in Teams, when I'm reviewing students' OneNote work through the Review interface, I'm looking at…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. class notebook

Hi,

As a teacher, if I was to use ONE TEAM and then have individual classes as CHANNELS, is it possible to have separate class notebooks for each channel or do they run off the master notebook for that team?

I would love an option to have individual notebooks for each channel.

Thanks for your help.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Delete Class Notebook

I would like to be able to delete Class Notebook after it was set up if it turns out not to be useful.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add open in OneNote online option for Class Notebooks like in Classroom

When clicking on Class Notebook in MS Classroom, it used to open in OneNote online and thus give full functionality. Currently in Teams it only shows the welcome pages, and you can't get to the content library or collaboration space. The only option given is to open in desktop, but surely there should be an option to open in OneNote online, or even better, to have the OneNote online functionality right inside Teams without having to go to a separate OneNote online tab.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Distributing pages

Distributing pages does not work well AT ALL. I have to distribute the same thing 3 or 4 times for everybody to get it, and this morning, 20 hours after the last attempt, it STILL wasn't in my all students' notebooks. This is a huge obstacle to getting anything done.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When users visit the Notebook tab in a Team and access different sections or pages, then move to a different tab or channel, they should be

If I access the Class/Staff Notebook tab and go to a specific section or page, if I leave that tab and then return to it, I would like the last page/section visited to display (not the Welcome to Class Notebook landing page).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add a dark mode to class notebook

Please add an option to enable dark mode in the class notebook section. As i am having to do school work from home, i am constantly staring at a bright white background all the time when doing my work and it really hurts my eyes. I have my monitor brightness the lowest possible. I have a -50% blue light filter which is meant to reduce eye strain but looking at a bright white screen for hours still really hurts. Please add a dark mode to save us all.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding a class book to specific team channel

At first our school started with working with OneNote. So every teacher created his own class notebook. Now we have teams for every class. And every teacher has his own subject channel inside. Now we want to add the existing class book to the specific channel in a team.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Private Channels and OneNote Collaboration Space Permissions

For in-class groups, private channels in Teams and private collaboration spaces in OneNote (using permissions) are both very useful features. However linking these so that I don't have to make each one separately would save me time as a teacher.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can see everyone's face, including teachers during lesson. And also, have 4 people screen.

Can see everyone's face, including teachers during lesson. And also, have 4 people screen.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better Apple Pencil and ink support in Class Notebook on Teams app.

I use the Class Notebook feature of OneNote every day. Our SIS is connected to Teams, so we can post grades and sync them to our SIS directly from teams. However, opening the Class Notebook on Teams is still a bit clunky. I would love to see things like drawing work as well in Teams as it does in OneNote, in particular with the Apple Pencil. Being able to navigate by touch and draw with the stylus is very helpful for me. I find myself using Teams much less for this because it is not as efficient in this way.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make an view all assignments buttons.

Make a view all button in the assignments area so that way it can show you all the assignments in the classes you have. I hate having to scroll through everything just to find the right class and find the assignments page. just please do it.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base