Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate OneNote into Teams

Right now, when you "integrate" OneNote as a Tab in a channel it is just a web browser that opens a notebook in OneNote Online. Could you really integrate OneNote into Teams like you did with Planner?

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. rename class notebook in teams

Rename a class notebook in Teams
    I would like to be able to rename a class notebook created by Teams.

This is because they all begin with "Notebook for..." ("Notatblokk for..." in my language region). This makes it very hard to distinguish a list of notebooks in the OneNote app.

A notebook can be renamed in Sharepoint, but this breaks the link between Teams and the notebook.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Inking Bug when reviewing OneNote pages in Teams

I tried to leave this feedback through the "Report a Problem" option, but my rant is too long.

I'm reviewing my first student OneNote assignment through the Teams interface. Normally I grade only through OneNote, but I want to use the rubric feature Teams provides. At the same time I use the rubric, I still want to leave feedback through ink on a student's OneNote page. This can't be done without it being a cumbersome awkward process that no teacher wants do. Here's why

While in Teams, when I'm reviewing students' OneNote work through the Review interface, I'm looking at…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assign section as assignment

I want to be able to assign a whole section of OneNote class notebook as an assignment. So that students can submit multiple pages under a section heading especially for portfolio work where I want them to submit a number of different pieces of writing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add/Remove students in Class Notebooks

Please make it possible to add/remove students once a Class Notebook is made in Teams. Not being able to add/remove students makes Teams Class Notebooks inconvenient.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Set up existing class notebook

Allow team owners to set up class notebook by selecting an existing class notebook rather than creating a new one.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. notebook

I would like to be able to attach a notebook I've already created to my team instead of having it default to a new notebook

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add students class notebook

I added a new member but it did not create a personal tab for them in the Class Notebook. I also tried to access this trough the Class Notebook App in Office 365 but the TEAM Class Notebook does not appear. Help!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. allow for renaming of the PLC notebook

Need to be able to rename the PLC notebook. I understand it is not actually called PLC notebook but in your general channel that is how it is displayed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Team NoteBooks page templates

Will the The Notebook Feature in teams ever be able to allow page templates to be added. currently if i add a template to MY teams class notebook when it is open in the One-note desktop that template is stripped away when it goes back to the teams notebook web view. example Cornell notes with lined paper. The lines from the paper template are removed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add a quick access toolbar to onenote

OneNote 2016 has a quick access toolbar and I hope to see this feature on the OneNote desktop app soon. It's extremely useful for grabbing different pen colors, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Managing Student Preferences- DESELECT ALL BUTTON NEEDED

I am trying to make groups in the collaboration space of OneNote and only allow for certain students to be in each group. When I manage student preferences, ALL students are checked and there is no box to deselect all. I have to manually de-select all students. I have 10 groups, in 5 classes, with an average of 40 students in each class, so for each group, I have to deselect 36 students manually. PLEASE add an option to UNCHECK ALL.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Can we integrate Flipgrid into teams?

This would be great for me (music teacher) when setting up my classroom and assigning the dreaded playing test!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Class Notebook should not be a co-owned notebook

When setting up a class notebook, which if you follow the steps will create new one, this notebook right now shows up under co-owned notebooks if you go to the Class Notebook -> manage notebook section. But this should be fixed so that it shows up under "your notebooks", so that you may have greater control over it. In sum, make the owner in Teams the teacher in Class Notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Class Notebook

Create a template for notebook layout that can be edited and automatically reflect changes in class notebooks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Merging existing OneNote notebook with Teams Notebook

If you can't make it so that my OneNote group notebook merges with the Team notebook, you should AT LEAST make it so that I can get rid of the PLC Notebook tab so that it's not confusing when I make a new tab with a website like to the actual OneNote group notebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Moving class notebook

I have created a class notebook, now I would like to use teams with the same students. Is there a way to connect the class notebook to the team I create with these students?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base