Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Rubrics added to graded OneNote pages

Automatic pasting of completed rubrics and feedback into OneNote pages so that students don't have to hunt for the link to open the assignment and then the rubric

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Correcting an image in Assignments

Instead of downloading the image, correcting it, saving it and then sending it back to the student via chat (very time consuming when you have a class of 30) would it be possible to be able to correct an image with your stylus, save the corrections and return the corrected homework to the student in assignments. This would be sooo good!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Please fix the assignments tab back to how it was Last week, or at least make it optional

I’m a student, I have a few classes and I like to be able to keep them separate so I appreciated that I could see each class assignments separately on the app,, but you’ve changed this! I find it so difficult to focus and stay on track when they’re all grouped together, it looks so messy and my brain can’t handle seeing those looming deadlines all in one place. I understand that it was just changed but I find this very frustrating, as do others at my college so please could you make it optional maybe so that people can…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. To do list

I use Teams for my school work and I find it really difficult to use, compared to other platforms, because there's is no one place to see all my assignments left to do. It's frustrating having to go through each separate class to see if I have any work to do. Platforms like Show My Homework, Class Charts and Google Classroom do this really well and I'd love to see this in Microsoft Teams aswell.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Send email alerts on assignment due dates to remind me to go and check which pupils have completed the work

An email in the morning after the deadline reminds me that I need to check incomplete homework and can discuss it with pupils that day in lessons. Sometimes I forget to check it until after the lesson and then I can't create a new arrangement with pupils who haven't completed the work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Can you make a new tab on assignments for assignments thay were never turned in/not returned?

My teacher sends our work back with the grade. So when I go to "Assignments", there are many of them that were already graded and it's hard to sort threw these assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. More Animations!

I thought they were silly when I first heard about them, but I really love the animations when you hit the turn in button. So I want the TEAMS developers to add more animations that are a little bigger. An example of the type of turn in animation I like is the sloth one, it had bright colors and it takes up the whole corner of the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. i am a student, and after this update i cannot find my previous assignments please help.

i cannot understand what this means "To view older assignments, navigate to an individual class team".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. When returning assignments back to a students, can you make a notification that says feedback given or grade posted?

When they get their assignment returned, it just says assignment sent a message when it could say, grade posted, feedback given or your assignment has been graded instead. Can you make this a feature?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Assignments

Make a place to see all the assignments at once so that students find it easier to look at their tasks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Seesaw app or Create your own similar feature

This has been provided as a feedback before but I’m posting this again so you see more volume on this. Seesaw is a very user-friendly app for Kids and teachers where they can share slides, add instructions, and kids can response to it by recording video, taking photo, recording voice, and inking.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When creating a rubric teachers should be able to highlight specific comments in the rubric..

For example, as an English teacher, in our "conventions" category, not all the feedback is from one point category. I might want to highlight "contains run-ons" from the 70-79 column, but also "one or less spelling errors" in the 90-100 column.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Have an option to show all assignments

In assignments, it would be great if there was a way to check for all assignments, especially for students like me who's in a lot of Teams. It's super time consuming to check 7+ classes one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. assignments channel

In our lower grades we have one team for the whole grade (not a team for each class). When a Team is used for one grade, Channels are setup for each subject. Because there are not assignments in each channel, all subjects are mixed together in assignments. As a workaround, we experimented added a category in the assignment that is the subject and that works to filter the assignments so that it does not get confusing. Unfortunately, in the Grades tab, there is no filter by category option. Further, it would be super helpful to include the category in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. "Create from existing" takes ALL data with it!

When you create an assignment “from existing” the options for “Post assignment notifications to this channel” go back to the default “general” channel, even if you’ve changed your default settings AND even if you had the channel changed in the original assignment you used when you selected “create from existing.”

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Assignment fliters

The new list system where all of the assignments are in a chronological list is nice, but it's be even more useful if we could still just see the assignments for a specific Team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the "add Work" an actual button for students to click on.

Students have trouble finding where to upload and attach work to the assignment in teams. If it was a button just like the "turn in" button it would be easier for them to turn in their work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I really hate this stupid assignment tab update!!

When I would press the Assignments tab, I would be able to select a class and see the assignments for that specific class. But I pressed my assignment tab a few minutes ago and saw a NIGHTMARE. Every single assignment from all my classes was in THE SAME PLACE. I couldn't even select a specific class to look at. Now I have to go to the Teams tab and select a class and then go to the assignments in that! This makes it way more complicated!!! And why don't you guys show late assignments in the new HORRIBLE assignments tab!?…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base