Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be great if you would allow parents to print the section that shows the assignments due with the due date. It is a helpful checklis

It would be great if you would allow parents to print the section that shows the assignments due with the due date. It is a helpful checklis

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add TAG functionality to Assignments to make it easier to send assignments to a certain group of students

If a teacher only wants to give an assignment to certain students, it would be nice if we could leverage the TAGS that we already have to do that. Currently, we have to select each student manually in Assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Assignments Animations

On assignments, I think that there should be many more animations for when work is completed Please consider my idea.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. make a report card for students, save the points from assignments in a grade for example

save the points from assignments in a grade for example, so that they can see their grades of each subject/class or assignment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Having the ability to select date ranges to export grades

After each unit when you export your grades, instead of deleting old marks from previous units, it would be nice to select date ranges so I only get a file with one unit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Assignmen feature - sort by group and tag. This feature has been remove - RETURN THIS FEATURE

There used to a feature where you could select a group and then filter the assignments by the tags attached to the assignments. This feature has been removed. It should be restored.
    I am a teacher and I now have to search assignments through all the assignments for the grades that I teach and then through all of the assignemtns all those teachers have assigned.
    This is incredibily time consuming.
    RESTORE THIS FEATURE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Grading Display Rubric Performance Levels

In the grade book, you should be able to see a visual of multiple students that shows their rubric performance levels. Even better, show it as a bar or line graph.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Correcting an Answer in a Teams Quiz

When I correct an answer in a Teams quiz, can Teams give it a green check mark? Instead a red X still shows up and students think their answers are wrong.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Assignments - return function

The option for students to only see a marked assignment after the teacher has handed it back. I have students who can see me typing comments onto their assignment before I've handed it back and it's unfair on the rest of the class as I might not have marked theirs yet

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. want to change the pace of the call button

I want to change the place of the call button

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow assignments for large caseloads

As a counselor, I’d like to create assignments for every kid on my caseload (>400 students in my Team)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to sort assignments in the grade book, by Title, Date, and Category

Ability to sort assignments in the grade book by Title, Date and Category.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make assignments post in more than one team so it is easier for teacher to post assignments for the same grade

Make assignments post in more than one team so it is easier for teacher to post assignments for the same grade and teachers don't have to make the same assignments for each team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. notification

I would really like a notification or even a small notification bubble on the actual assignment when an assignment is turned in late. It can be very time consuming to go back and look through each assignment assigned to see if a student has submitted it late.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. turn off post about new assignment OR enable channel selection across multiple classes

I would like to either be able to select a channel other than "General" for the assignment post to go to OR turn off the post altogether.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change the channel an assignment is posted to AFTER it is posted

If you can't add the functionality to post assignments to multiple classes in custom channels (and just auto-create the channel if missing), then at least give us the option to change the channel an assignment notifies to after it has been added (it is another hacked together solution but at least it will give us the flexibility we need while you sort it out properly). All this rigidity around where you want assignments posted means you are alienating the core of teachers who are experienced with collaborating/sharing assignments on a teaching platform.

Most teachers after some experience will end up…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove past students from gradebook

I would like to be able to manually delete students who are no longer on my course from my class grade book. They have been removed from the Team, but still appear in the gradebook with no entries. This makes it very tricky to mark.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. assignments

When a student turns in an assignment and the teacher reviews it, make a way for the students to see the suggested corrections and make the assignment live again and have them return the assignment after making the corrections.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it so we can make a Stream video and assignment

If I want to assign my students to watch a Stream video I should be able to put it into an assignment rather than just posting it as a tab at the top.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base