Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Attach the same document to multiple assignments without making multiple copies of the document.

I want to have students edit the same document on multiple days with multiple assignments.

Example:
    Assignment 1: Add the word "energy" to your glossary
    Assignment 2: Add the word "freezing point" to your glossary

As it is, if I made these two assignments, it would make two separate copies of the glossary. Instead, I want to be able to attach an assignment that has already been distributed to students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve Rubrics functionality and ability to embed videos in assignments

Rubrics need to have all the following features to be appropriate for school use.
    1 - I should be able to edit a rubric I made instead of having to download this, edit it and then after delting the original re-uploading it (very time consuming)
    2 - I need the abiltiy to have anywhere up to 10 different rubrics on one assignment (not criteria in the rubric)
    3 - Points allocated need to be made much more effective as different courses use different set ups and I sometimes require decimal to show mid progression (e.g. grade 3.5 when a student…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Auto-Save Assignment While Editing

When I am editing a posted assignment, then decide to answer a student in the chat, all my editing becomes automatically discarded because I didn't hit the "Update" button.

I request an option to auto-save an assignment as it is being edited and not after clicking the button "Update".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. checklist in assignments and save work in progress

When assignments have several "resources" or "student work" components, students may need to work on the assignment over several sessions. Having a checklist (such as is Planner) for each component could help students keep track of their progress.
    This feature would also be great for student choice if a teacher wanted to include several "student work" files, and allow students to choose a certain number to complete.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make an other option for closed and not done assignment

make an other option for closed and not done assignment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Email embedment in customized message of form

In customized message Email of member submitting response should be displayed .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Download all students' assignments in a Zip file

It would be great if teachers could download all students' submitted papers in each assignment in a zip file. I don't understand why MS Teams doesn't have this basic feature, which Google Classroom, Moodle, and other LMSs have. That would make MS Teams easily become the potential No.1 LMS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A universal assignment group

I would like there to be a group where you could have all your assignments right next to each other and maybe a subtitle underneath the assignment to show what team that came from

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Activity section

1. Wanted to display completed works/tests/assgnments in a different color in the activity.

Or the finished work should disappear and be displayed in a separate section. Unfinished one section and finished in another section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. This is for Assignments in Teams. Please could you make it easier for students to upload videos. Sometimes they can only use Chats. Please c

1. Assignments - please make it easier for students to upload videos of presentations. It often doesn't work and they have to use Chats or whatsapp.

2. Assignments - please introduce a feature whereby we can attach a scanned, marked rubric or test that we have marked offline or by hand, so that when we return the student's mark or grade, we can attach the rubric or marked test to the mark.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Discussion board

So in working with and loving Google classroom for years, and now working with teams, there are a few things you can tweak to make this more user friendly. First in general, you have unnecessary steps for teachers.
    You need to create a way for teachers to ask students questions without having students be able to read others responses before they write their own. This way students have a way to come up with their own thinking. In that, you need to then have settings that allow students to respond to other students posts, only after having created their own…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. copy

It would be nice if we could eliminate the ability of students to copy and paste within a Microsoft Form quiz to prevent cheating. We are trying to eliminate paper as much as we can this school year because of Covid-19. I plan on using Microsoft Forms to quiz students. I give daily short answer quizzes over terms. We have a program that could block students from all other programs on their computer to prevent cheating, but all a student has to do is copy all the terms before they are blocked, and then all they have to do is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. please add feature for adding two or more email adress

please add feature for adding two or more email adress

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. assign downloads to specific folder

I use the same laptop for work related things and for teams for my daughter's school sessions, here I experience the chaos in term of downloading the assignments. First we have to go to download folder, cut and paste to the file to specific folder. Please add feature where we can assign a specific folder where to download the files related to teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. This app better not exist

Because this app, my school more Hard than before
    I HATE THIS APP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base