Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignment 'feedback' should go to 'chat' too.

We're all trying to 'close the feedback loop'. All assignment feedback should go directly to the 'chat' between teacher and student to continue the discussion in a single centralized place.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Updating assignments assigned to multiple classes

At the moment you can assign the same assignment to multiple classes. Great. But, if you need to make an update to an assignment that has been scheduled, you have to go into each class to do it. This used to be possible when the Assignment section was not sorted by class, but by assignment.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Return assignments back to students and Feedback showing before assignments graded/reviewed

In Classroom there was a button when reviewing the students work to return the assignment back to the student if it was not correct. Then the student could resubmit the correct assignment/attachment. Can Teams please have that function? Also, can the feedback that is given on an assignment be visible to the student even if there assignment has not been reviewed/graded yet.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Edit Time that Assignments are Due

Teachers need to be able to type-in the time that assignments are due, as the drop box method doesn't coincide with everyone's daily schedule, and we may want an assignment to be due at the start of class.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. allow teacher turn in assignments

allow teacher turn in assignments

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Assignments

To check all assignments from all the teams you are in you have to individuality check each one. It would be better if the assignments tab would let you select all teams and give you a list of all assignments.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. All Classes' Assignments View with Calendar Integration

Students should be able to view all of their assignments from multiple, or all of, their classes at the same time. Even in elementary school, students have multiple classes and teachers that assign work. As a parent guiding my child, I need a "planner view" where I can see all of their currently assigned work from all classes in one place. Additionally, please provide calendar integration for this purpose. Students are required to use a daily planner at school, so there should be a way to easily provide this online.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assignments

Assignments tab needs to only have teams with assignments set displayed rather than every class. They should then be sorted in order of due date.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Check Spelling in the Feedback Box of an Assignment

When writing in any of the feedback boxes of an assignment (the "main" feedback box, or any of the rubric feedback boxes) there is no spelling punctuation or grammar checking.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add multiple OneNote pages as a resource to assignment

Currently, you can only specify one OneNote page for an assignment. I often have multiple pages that students would need as part of a single assignment.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Unpost assignment

There are many cases where I'd like to "unpost" an assignment. Perhaps I want to accept late work, or maybe I just accidentally clicked the post button. There needs to be a very easy way to unpost assignments for the whole class or for individuals

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow teachers to assign an assignment in a private channel.

It would be good to allow teachers to assign an assignment in a private channel. Some teachers teach small groups.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. self review rubric

It would be great to add an option to the rubric interface that includes a replicate for students to self review. It would be on the same rubric as the teacher uses - just for students to give their own perspective.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assignments should be able to be sent back to students so they can resubmit either so they can act on feedback or if their work is not good

All work entered needs to ha e feedback for students but this is not much good if the student can't have the chance to act on the feedback and improve or redraft work.
    A button to send work back to students or just to allow more files to. We submitted would be great

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add ability to set dates for assignments to be posted

It would be great to create an assignment and instead of save draft be able to chose a date for the assignment to be posted for students.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Assign non-quiz forms through teams

In the spring I was able to assign a "regular" form that was NOT a quiz through teams. I now am limited to ONLY assigning quizzes. I would like to be able to add an a survey as an assignment without having to involve a grade.

I already know that I can just copy the link and add it as a resource. However, going this route means I cannot review the answers in teams, I have to go to forms. It also does not put the responses into a group forms category like it does with other assigned forms.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teacher Upload annotated student assignments

Teachers should be allowed to attach annotated student work which is submitted as a jpeg or pdf. I would like to be able to attach the annotated file to the student during the "Return" or grading process of an assignment.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Seeing all assignments under the "assignments" tab

this was the case until the most recent update. the "assignments" tab should show me all my assignment not only looking at one team at a time. if I want to see assignments from a specific team I can go into that specific team

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create Assignments and Grades in each channel

I use channels for each unit in my class. An assignment tab and grades tab under each channel would allow for better organization. It would also make Teams vastly better than Google Classroom ;)

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Assessment Criteria Tracking in Rubrics

Using the new rubrics feature, it would be great if the criteria we mark assignments against could be collated throughout the year. At any point in time, we could then see an overview of how each student is progressing against each criteria/standard rather than just their overall mark for the assignment.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base