Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. links to assignments

A link to the assignment so that when students say they don't know how to submit their work you can just send them a link.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have an area where teachers can share and create assignments

It would be great if the teacher had an area that they could just create all of their assignments and not distribute them. It means that teachers could share this space and they could create all of their shared assignments for the year. This would mean that they could then just assign them when and where they want. I have actually had to create a team that my colleagues share ownership of and we make assignments in there but this is a bit difficult. A tab, possibly a bit like the planner app, where you could create them would be…

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Forms on assignments in teams

On teams when an assignment is created it would be excellent if we could create a form on it. E.g. A set of maths questions that a pupil can answer and receive feedback and a score as soon as submitted - the form results could then be displayed within the review by owner section.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. assignments linked to all channels

I am a teacher and it would be absolutely wonderful if we could have assignments linked to each channel in a team instead of just under the general channel. This would really help organise the assignments for pupils under particular topics/channels and the assignments could be used more effectively.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ink while grading assignments + grades syncs to LMS

Be better than Google Classroom by...
    - Allowing teacher to ink while grading assignments.
    - Connecting Teams to LMS so assignments and grades entered in Teams automatically gets entered in the school district's LMS.

Teams needs to get better before teachers will leave Google Classroom. If Microsoft can get the above items done, it would leapfrog passed Google.
    C'mon, we are waiting.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow video to be recorded directly into an assignment.

Similar to Seesaw, students should be able to respond to an assignment via video, directly into the assignment. This would be without having to use an app or the additional step of including a link or uploading to the assignment.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Rotate photographs/submissions in MTs assignments

Students sometimes complete their assignments by writing them by hand. They then upload the photographs of their work. I would like the option to rotate the photographs so they are readable in Microsoft Teams as they often appear the wrong way around.

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teacher "Dashboard" with reminders for assignments that need to be graded, especially with notifications if a student turns in an assignment

A Dashboard that shows teachers what needs to be graded. A "To Review" section that shows only assignments handed in late to make sure teachers are getting notified each time a student turns in an assignment.
    Assignments should also be sorted based on what's completed and waiting to review, what's already been graded, and what is not turned in.

It's a big hassle not getting notifications each time a student turns something in, because there is no other way of knowing short of reminders from them.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Printing student assignments

With some assignments, teachers would like to print off student work. However, the steps are very cumbersome. For example, with Word documents, the teacher needs to open each document in the Word (Client) and print the document from there. In Microsoft Classroom, there were less steps to print. If there was an option where a teacher could print off an entire class' assignment from within a single screen, that would be very beneficial.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Set an assignment to a tag

We now have tags within a team - let us assign an assignment to just a tag rather than selecting names manually!

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Notifications- Assignments for students and work to review for students

It would be very helpful if students were notified when they are given an assignment- or at least for there to be a notify students option.
    Also, I need notifications when students turn in work to review in a centralized area. It is quite a hassle to click through each team and hunt for any turned in work. Until submitting assignments is more user-friendly, it is not practical to be used.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Create a REDO ASSIGNMENT section for students

As a parent and a teacher I can see both sides of TEAMs. It is nearly impossible to keep track of assignments that were “completed” but need to be redone. There should be a way for the teacher to return it to a REDO section so the student explicitly knows they need to redo and resubmit an assignment.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. assignments

make the assignments tab more like a to-do list

show all assignments at at glance

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Rubric should calculate partial points

If my rubric contains partial credit, such as 0.5 points for an answer that is somewhat correct, the rubric does not calculate the partial points. It rounds down to the nearest whole number. If Teams is going to allow me to put 0.5 points in as a potential score for a category, it should calculate it correctly.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix very misleading norwegian translation in Assignments module

The "to return" tab in the assignement module is very poorly translated to norwegian, to the point of being misleading. It says "For å gå tilbake"" - which means "to go back", not to return something to the student which is the purpose here. I would guess this is autotranslated - no human would translate it like this. See attached image as well. Thank you!

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Be able to set Assignments on multiple channels

At the moment you can only set an assignment on the General channel, I would like to set assignments on any of the channels

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft Teams- Straight to Assignments

Our school is utilizing Teams. We would like for the Home Screen within Teams to be Assignments rather than Conversations. We also would like for the Calendar to show the whole month (not just a week). Unless students are actively looking for the assignments, they won't see something due the next week.

41 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Remove certain students from assignment after the assignment is assigned

I would like to be able to assign an assignment to the whole team but then remove certain students from the assignment afterwards. Instead of handpicking 30 students to the assignment I would like to add the assignment to the whole class (32) and remove the 2 that are not supposed to get the assignment.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. All assignments are shown in the assignments tab

I would like all the assignments to be shown in the assignments tab.
    I have access to many classes, and i would like to see all the assignments listed there, instead of having to select the classes one by one.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Rotate assignments

Being able to rotate submitted assignments. If it submitted as a picture that is taken on the side, being able to rotate would be great.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base