Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. assignment tab

On the top tabs, I'd like the ability to change the order of the 4 tabs: conversations, files, class notebook, and assignments. I'd like students to see "Assignments" first instead of seeing all the mess of "Conversations" when they first click on our team.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assign a assignment to group of students with a specific tag

When you have a large group of students in a team, teachers might want students to be divided into smaller groups by using different tags. Then it would be very helpful if it was possible to assign an assignment to these groups of students using a specific tag.

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change students assigned to an assignment

It would be nice to change specific students who are assigned to an assignment after it has been created. There are several times that I would like to unassign for students who have completed, but keep students that were absent assigned to allow them to turn in at a later date.

81 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "student view" so teachers can see what students see for their assignment etc.

ability for teachers to go into "student view" to see what the assignment etc looks like for their students.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Student reminder when work is overdue

When a student's work is overdue it would be handy to set them automated daily/ weekly reminders to complete this work.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add a member to an already set assignment

To use this as a school it really needs to have an option to add members to assignments after the assignment has been set. Currently if I have a new student added to the class then I have to delete the assignment and then send it out again.

75 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Justin Chando responded

When new students get added to a Class team, students will get all the assignments that have been assigned to the class.

Note: it may take several minutes for the assignments to distribute to the newly added student(s).

7. Assignment Feedback

It would be great if teachers could offer feedback to assignments without having to enter a grade. The assignments is locked from being able to resubmit. If students can get the feedback, make corrections, and then resubmit the assignment teachers would be able to use it better.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Justin Chando responded

You can add feedback to assignments at any time. Students can unsubmit, work on the assignment some more, and turn in their work again as long as the Assignment’s ‘Close date’ has not passed.

Learn more about the feedback loop in Teams Assignments here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/review-return-and-turn-in-assignments-using-the-feedback-loop-63e5efdd-be09-47f0-87ea-e8e4bcb45aa4
    Learn how to set a Close Date here: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/create-an-assignment-in-microsoft-teams-23c128d0-ec34-4691-9511-661fba8599be

8. Manage Assignments - allow edit/delete

To be able to delete assignments, turn back with feedback to students an allow them to review and turn in again.

When you assign points to student's assignment, be able to modify and turn back the assignment to the student.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It would be nice if the student have more upload capacity in the assigments

For most assignments, the upload capacity for a student in assignments is sufficient with 100MB.
    However, for some assignments this is too limited.
    It would be nice to increase this upload capacity like this for teachers.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. See all the assignments for an individual student across multiple teams.

I wish for a teacher to be able to see all the assignments for an individual student across multiple teams. This would be especially useful to a form tutor (US: home-room tutor?) or pastoral lead (US: counsellor?). Ability to filter by date range would make the number of assignments visible at any one time manageable. This would allow a tutor to monitor a student's overall workload and see their progress.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. See which students have to improve their assignment

A student has turned in his work for an assignment, but I want him to improve his work. I could give him a feedback to do so. But then I must keep my own list of students who didn't finish the work they should do. It would be great if this problem would be solved within Teams. A list, where I could see who has to improve his work once again. Thanks.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Archive assignments

Both students and teachers to archive assignments but can also see the archived assignments from a list and should a teacher want to reuse it, can still do so.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PDF files in Assignments

The types of files that can be viewed in assignments is very limiting. Many times my students are submitting assignments in PDF format and I then have to download every assignment individually to view it and grade it. It would be much simpler if Assignments could preview PDFs.

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assignment Status Options

My students often send me incomplete work. When I check their assignments, all I can do is send it back but it looks like the work has been done.

I would either a system in place where I can send the assignment back as incomplete or that the pupils needs to review it and send it back. This could be selecting an option (a tag?) before sending the work back and the teacher can update when the work has been resubmitted.

61 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assignments - Printing Comments and Feedback (for EV purposes)

Ability to print feedback view of an assignment with:

• The assignment itself

• Comments within the assignment

• Summative feedback comment at the end

This would be great for when people need to print off work for external verifiers.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Create a peer review space in assignments, which can be distributed both with names or anonymously. Also, have a built in plagiarism check.

Create a peer review space in assignments, which can be distributed both with names or anonymously. Also, have a built in plagiarism check for students and teachers to be able to see upon submission of work. This would allow for quick peer marking with highlighting and comments using the 'edit in teams' facility, reducing the need to download and re-upload.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add or share assignment to multiple classes / teams

It would be awesome to be able to share the same assignment with multiple teams. As it is, I have to copy/paste my assignment multiple times - sometimes as many as twenty!

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. View all assignments from across teams

Currently, in the assignments tab, you must select a class to view assignments. However, if you are in many different teams, you may want to view assignments from all classes in one menu (with no additional clicks needed), so that you don't accidentally miss any.

Example:
    Currently, in the assignments tab, you click on each class to view assignments

What I propose:
    Add a slider, named "View all assignments", that when checked, shows all assignments that have not been completed on this one screen.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Building Assignments in Teams

I used Classroom last school year and loved building assignments with this tool. There are many features found in Classroom that allowed teachers to build assignments easily and effectively that are not in TEAMS. Teachers need to be able to:

1. Link Notebook pages to the assignment.

2. Search for videos and resources to link to assignments from Teams like it was able to do so in Classroom.

3. Share assignments with other Teams. To have to replicate assignments per Team for the courses taught is not practical.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

partially done  ·  Warren responded

This is partially done. :)

Item 1 and 3 exist.
    I will follow up on number 2 and provide a status soon.

-Warren

20. Month View in Assignment Area

In addition to the week view, it would be awesome to also have the option to view by month.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base