Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In teams, it is easier to select an assignemnt and THEN a class instead of the other way around.

I would like to be able to select an assignment and then be able to see how all of my students did in all my classes. Why does it have to be a maze of clicks to get information? I think it would also be much easier to click an Assignment and THEN click a class.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. the new assignments

i hate the new layout of the assignments, please can you just change it back, so we can see all of our prep at once, in the order it is due in. also i love the little animation that appears when you hand something in!
    please change back the assignments!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. The assignments

The assignments feature needs to be improved on two levels:
    I should receive notifications when an assignment deadline has passed so that I can then check that everyone has submitted. I have lots of classes all with different assignment schedules and this would make it easier to keep track of new work to mark.
    Secondly, the layout of assignments should be changed. I don't want to have to click on lots of different classes and areas to identify where assignments have been handed in. Instead, I just want a list of work (under different class subheadings) that has been handed…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Turning page right way up

Please could you make a feature on Grading where you can turn the content they have loaded the right way up? (When they upload their pictures etc. I have to look sideways). It doesn't matter how many times I ask them to photograph differently, it always ends up like this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. make it easyer to find work

please add a place to see all assignments that have been set for you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. x

It would be a great feature to be able to set our own videos to read only when uploading to an Assignment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Love using Teams for remote learning. Would really like the ability to add a theme to an assignment as we are using Teams to set assignments

Would really like the ability to apply a theme to an assignment ( as in Forms) as we are using Teams to set work for children from 3-11 years old. Themes could be age appropriate for all learners.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Assignment feedback

The feedback-field for a assignment on a students work is tooo small. Only about 800 chars!! Good feedbaks often conatins urls for further information. With this limit the chars ar flying

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug when creating new assignments from existing

Bug when creating assignment from an existing assignment. After changing the new assignment's title from the old one, upon posting, it reverts back to the original title. You have to go back in and edit the assignment's title after its been posted.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. add a tab that sorts all assignments across all teams in order of date due

it tells you what work you have for Friday or Thursday etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Could you change the assignments tab?

The new assignments section is pretty time consuming. Now, we have to check every single tab to find out in which ones we have homework whereas before, everything that we still had to do was just there. Could you either put it back the way it was or make a red dot appear next to the tab with class where we have work to do?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make assignments so that we can only see the assignments that we have instead of clicking through every team to see our homework

Make it so we don't have to scroll through every team to see our assignments and homework, like it was before the update because now my whole school is going back to paper so we can understand what homework we have instantly and we can get on with it instead of going through the hassle of looking through every team we ever had.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Thank You

Dear Microsoft Software Developers,

Thank you for Microsoft Teams because without it I wouldn’t be able to collaborate with my classmates. I wouldn’t be able to do school assignments and get help from my teacher if it wasn’t for your amazing coding skills to bring schools, and friends together. Thank you, for connecting people through groups, calls, and chats. Because without that none of our entire school would be able to do anything together.

From, Ethan Gardner

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. advance to another student

When seeing individual student scores, I would like to advance to the next student without using the back button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Color change in grades

When a student turns in work, indicate in grades and a completely different color. The fact that it is grayed out is not enough

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow parents to know about your assignments and avoid computer checking and let the teachers check it themselves when you give a test

Allow parents to know about your assignments and avoid computer checking and let the teachers check it themselves when you give a test from Microsoft Forms.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assignments View

Add an option that always governs which assignments are visible in the Assignments view, rather than having to click "view more past due" every single time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Word in Teams

When I grade work done in a Word document I should be able to open it directly to Word. Currently, you have to click "edit" in order to do so. Sometimes, I just want to quickly read it and post in the response box. Other times, I need to go into each student's document and make changes. Since all the work is the same type, it would be nice to have an easily default to toggle on top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base