Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. change the assignment view

For assignments change the view so it shows all of the assignments instead of having to clickon each class.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I don't like something

I don't like the new version of the "Assignments tab" because its buggy and I'd like the old version better because it highlighted the assignments which made it easy for me to see what i need to do.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve the Feedback Facility

Like chat, allow other teachers to see who is writing in the Feedback box. Prevents 2 teachers giving feedback to the same pupil at the same time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring back the old assignments tab

Why did they change the assignments tab? I'm sure there is a reason behind it, and I'm sure many people are also asking the same thing. It was so handy to see all of my assignments and their due date, but now I have to go through every single team. It's less efficient, and I'm missing due dates because of it. There is no point the new menu how it is now, we might as well just go to the team itself and look there.
    Please stop making unnecessary changes, there is a lot else wrong with Teams that should…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Uploading other type of documents in assignments

As technology teacher, I would like the students can send me whatever type of documente in the assignments, not only word, power point, form...For example, I need them are able to upload .sb documents in assignments. Maybe this exists, but I was not able to create this type of assignment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Facility to upload amended assignments

I'm often unable to open homework from students due to saved format and as I don't have Word, I have to download to correct. The ability to download, correct then upload the document would be so helpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Facility to upload amended assignments

I'm often unable to open homework from students due to saved format and as I don't have Word, I have to download to correct. The ability to download, correct then upload the document would be so helpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Show / Calculate the rubric percentage total

When creating custom percentages for a rubric if the percentages don't total 100% then it throws an error.
    It would be useful if it said what the current percentage total is, would save having to add it all up.

Either a running total at the bottom (which would be best) or just the error message to say what it totals.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. "Uppgifter"

In the past, it's been possible to get an overview of assignments under the "assignments" folder in TEAMS. This, however has been changed by dividing the tab into each individual class. This makes it harder to get an overview of the workload and plan our time!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assignments 'no submission needed'

I would like an option in assignments to NOT turn in. The reason for this is that I have created an assignment but students are creating a flipgrid so work is in an alternate site. So there is nothing to turn in.
    However, some of the class do turn nothing in and others don't. And then weeks late turn nothing it. This is a bit annoying as you think you've not marked work. IT woudl just make it easier for me as a teacher. So, could we have a feature where we can click 'no submission needed'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Assignments 'no submission needed'

I would like an option in assignments to NOT turn in. The reason for this is that I have created an assignment but students are creating a flipgrid so work is in an alternate site. So there is nothing to turn in.
    However, some of the class do turn nothing in and others don't. And then weeks late turn nothing it. This is a bit annoying as you think you've not marked work. IT woudl just make it easier for me as a teacher. So, could we have a feature where we can click 'no submission needed'.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Store working/submitted files for assignments on Student OneDrives

This means that the work will be easily accessible to the student after the Team that created it is gone.

Permissions should be used (as they are in assignments now on the SharePoint site) to control read/edit access for students.

(Or at least automatically copy across the final version when an assignment is 'done'.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. OneNote

Please could we have a 'tick and a cross' as an option to just drawing them to mark assignments on One Note/Class Notebook?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. All the assignemts in one place.

After the new update of Teams, we have to search for the different classes to find our assignments. And all of our different lections are made as different classes. When i want to check if I have done all of my homework, I have to search through all my classes and it takes a lot of time. Instead, it could be better if I could see all of my assignments in one place!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Having the ability to over-ride a Form point value AND/OR giving the option for students to choose from a set of questions and have a quiz t

Having the ability to over-ride a MS Form point value in Team Assignments AND/OR giving the option for students to choose which questions they would select to answer from a set of questions in MS Forms and have a actual score be less than the total points of all questions.

For example, I could have 10 options for students to demonstrate knowledge on a particular topic/subject, but they choose to answer only 6 of them. Each question has a possibility of earning 5 points, but I don't want the score to ultimately be out of 50, but rather 30.

This…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a page where you can see all your assignments, from all classes, on 1 page

Hello,
    I really struggle to keep up with my assignments because If I want to see what I have to do, I have to click through all 12+ classes and then sort them in my head, which one is due first and so on.
    Moodle has this option too, I could simply look on my mobile, see all assignments and pick the one that was at the top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base