Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Integrate Assignments with calendar

It would be very useful for communication with parents to get a link of the dates assignments that they can add in their Phone Calendar (or Outlook calendar,...). Students also love to be able to see that on their phone home screen. No excuses...! ;)

When an assignment is created in a class, it only shows up in the assignment tab within that class. In Classroom when an assignment was created it also showed in the students’ calendars. This would be a great addition especially if students are in multiple classes they’ll be able to see all their assignments in…

2,862 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

171 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone, a quick update on our work to integrate Teams Assignments with the Microsoft Calendar - its coming! We’ll provide an update shortly with dates. We know this has been a top request for some time and there is a team working on bringing this to Teams for EDU as soon as we can.

2. notify me (the teacher) when a student turns in an assignment

As a teacher of 7 different classes, I have to go into each assignment individually to see when students turn in assignments. This is very time-consuming! Please allow me to set up a notification when a student turns in an assignment.

1,774 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

135 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Justin Chando responded

Thanks for all of the feedback on this one. We are reviewing how we can improve notifications around Assignments in Teams. Please keep the feedback coming!

3. Revert Assignments Format – show all assignments across class teams

Keep the original teams assignment format where we would see all the assignments in one place for all classes. With this new format we have to enter into select classes to see assignments, making it very difficult and inconvenient. Please change back to the old format! It helps all of us stay organized by seeing all the assignments in one screen.

1,272 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

169 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello Teams for EDU community – we’re working hard to deliver an experience for educators and students that is productive and delightful. We will soon update the Assignment app based on the feedback we’ve received here on UserVoice. Please do keep the feedback coming.

4. Turn in assignments on behalf of in Teams for EDU.

Teachers need a way to turn in an assignment on behalf of students who for some reason aren't able to turn it in themselves, or at least change the status to delivered.

875 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

80 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for all of the feedback around this feature! We are reviewing what the best path forward is for this.

Just so everyone knows in the meantime, teachers can absolutely review any student attached or distributed work in Assignments even if students have not clicked the ‘Turn in’ button. Some of the comments also mention that the work might not be done digitally and submitted a different way, students can also Turn in the assignment without attaching any files/resources or can use the Teams mobile app to take a photo of their paper-based work to submit digitally.

Finally, when you return the assignment as a teacher (even without the student turning in) the feedback loop is also closed. Hope this helps.

5. Group Assignments

Sometimes I like to have my students turn in their assignment as a group, so I only read and grade one paper from a group of 3 or 4 students. It would be great if Teams Assignments could support that. So that either the students or the teacher (or best them both) can choose who this assignment is for/from.

Hope it makes sense?

541 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  36 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would love for the assignment tab to show up in each channel created. I create a new channel to match each unit of study. I

I would love for the assignment tab to show up in each channel created. I create a new channel to match each unit of study. I use each channel as a module.

504 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

69 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you everyone for the additional feedback on this feature request! We’ve read all your comments and are currently investigating what we can do to help.

7. Incorporate "Take a Test" app into Teams

Add the functionality of "Take a Test" app into Teams by using Office 365 account. You can use Office 365 login to create a profile on the machine that only allows single application to run. The teacher could then assign a test to a class and would allow for student monitoring by the teacher thru the Office 365 connection.

483 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks everyone for your feedback on this. As more educators look for ways to create secure assessments (especially remotely) this is one of the options we are investigating.

8. Improve teacher feedback on assignments: zoom, rotate, write on image/pdf, upload file...

It would be very useful, for a teacher, to have the following features when working with assignments - in addition to the already present "feedback" option:

1. zoom and rotate also images, not only .pdf;

2. write or draw (make annotations) on images and .pdf files;

3. upload a file (image, pdf, office doc,...) together with the feedback - for instance, I could write something in the feedback and then upload a file with the complete solution of a given excercise.

These features could save a teacher a lot of time and, at the same time, make the feedbacks much more effective for…

444 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Inking in Assignments

Comments alongside an assignment are often inadequate and direct annotation on the document with inking would be preferable. At present it is only possible to ink on an assignment if clicking through several buttons and completing dual authentication to download file to desktop. Inking should be present on screen instantly within Teams with no need to select edit or download to desktop to edit. Inking is available in OneNote it should be available in all online apps!

427 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow Assignments for more than 200 people

We want to use a Team for our whole school to submit responses to different optional challenge activities. We have over 1000 students in our middle school, and have created a team with all the students loaded. However, when we try to create Assignments in this team, we see a message that Assignment functionality is not available in Teams with more than 200 members. This means we can't use Teams for this purpose (gathering artifacts of various kinds from students across our school).

383 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Audio Feedback in Assignments

Ability to both dictate and give feedback via an audio file in MS Teams on assignments.

374 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

81 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upload Assignment Files Larger Than 50Mb

Our Music Tech class wants to use Assignments but we can't upload our videos as they all much larger than 50Mb. Most of our videos are at least 500Mb. Would it be possible to increase the maximum file size? Thanks :)

370 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Justin Chando responded

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We are planning to increase the limit for uploaded files in Assignments! I will be sure to update you all as this feature progresses.

13. Download all assignments button

Almost all schools require the ability to download assignments and upload them to district-systems, print a batch of assignments, provide them to external audits etc.

The functionality is already there (navigate to the correct document library and then click 'download').

Simply add the UI option for a teacher to do this without knowledge of SharePoint libraries.

Surely this wouldn't require too much engineering to make it happen?

306 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Parent view

Need to put assignments into pupil's Outlook calendar so that they can share a read only link with parents. This would enable parents to see all upcoming assignments for their child, i.e. a parent view of assignments.

Alternatively, give parents a code linked to their child's account that will allow them to see selective team content including all assignment details. Teachers should be able to select whether parents can see everything, particular channels, or just assignments.

303 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Alert students of feedback when assignment is graded.

Students need an alert telling them, or a direct link to graded assignments so they are prompted to read feedback given by a teacher. As it stands. Teachers can put feedback but students have no prompt to read that information or even know that an assignment has been graded.

256 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Using the Pen feature in assessing assignments in Teams assignment review.

Great job guys.

I am currently marking an Economics essay in Teams Assignment Review, but I realized that I am not able to annotate students work with my Pen. Neither I am allowed to type text on the assignment. The only feedback that can be given is the feedback box on the right. Writing on students' work at the exact area that the feedback is relevant to is extremely important for us teachers, as students will be able to get clear feedback for improvement next time.

217 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Submitting of a task on a restricted network

Can Microsoft make it possible to let users deliver tasks on a restricted network (when taking tests/exams) while access to chat/files (and such) in the Teams app still is restricted/unaccessable?

198 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set a countdown timer for an Assignment

According to current features, opening and closing times & dates can be set for an assignment. It is very useful that if we can set a timer to an assignment. As an example, if we make the assignment available for students from morning 6.00 am to evening 6.00 pm, But the time allocated for the students to complete the assessment is only one hour. so, When ever the students open the Assessment within the available time, a count down timer begins, and what ever they have done is saved automatically and submitted automatically at the end of one hour or…

179 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Be able to rotate and zoom in on images submitted in the assignments tab

When students upload images of their work under the assignments tab, make it possible for the teacher to be able to rotate and zoom in on the image within Teams. Without having to download it to their computer.

158 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Late Assignment Submission Notification

Hello,

Thanks for allowing resubmission. As a teacher I would like to be notified when a student submits an assignment after a scheduled deadline. This would help with knowing when students resubmit assignments after deadlines and when students have submitted work late.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 78 79
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base