Multiple Screen Share
In Teams you can only share one screen at a time. I work in an office where we use 2-3 screens. Being able to share multiple screens at one time would be very beneficial.
In a meeting changing from one presenter to another takes some time and the meeting's pace is slowed down. if multiple persons at least 2 can present this will save a lot of time.
Agree Luke Nelson 1 screen at a time is useless for some subjects. If my students are writing code i want to see the progress they are making and correct any errors as I would in a class, waiting for each student to share screen individually is a pain
There's so much that can be improved regarding screen sharing:
1. picture quality: currently it seems a video/photo optimized compression codec is applied, so if you want to share a high-resolution screen it's hard to read the text. There should be an option to select a text-optimized compression (slower update rate and reduction of color depth acceptable, but the full resolution must be retained - even if the recipient has smaller screen it must be possible to zoom in pixel perfect).
2. mutual screen sharing, i.e. allow simultaneous multiple screen sharing streams from multiple participants. This could help a lot when people need to work together remotely but want the each other what they are doing. Imagine e.g, the situation that one person provides ideas as a drawing or other notes, while the other person is doing the modeling with a special CAD tool.
3. multiple screen sharing streams: allow multiple screen sharing streams from the same participant; e.g. share two or three application windows instead of the whole desktop, as whole-desktop sharing could be a privacy problem.
4. part-of-screen sharing: choose an area on the screen (left half, right half, or draw a frame) that shall be shared. This is helpful is you have only one big (ultra-wide) monitor instead of two (where you could select one for sharing and one for other work).
5. allow users to display multiple screen sharing windows, to select and arrange the streams wanted in the way needed.
6. screen sharing preview (small size, low update rate) for all available screen sharing streams. (Fully transfer only the selected streams.)
More good ideas are certainly already mentioned in UserVoice portal...
I get the use for this, but think about the end user who may only have 1 screen, and therefore see your 2 screens on their 1 screen. This imo isn't an ideal experience.
How i see this work is, you can simultaneously switch between your screens without the need to unshare and share again and the end user will always see 1 screen at a time.
When we teach classes/provide services, we may need to be toggling between sharing this screen, then that screen.
I would really appreciate it if perhaps we could just share all those screens at once, and easily, so I can select it during the call so I don't have to share, stop, and reshare.
**I don't want to share desktop! I understand that sharing desktop essentially reveals everything... If I get a notification from teams with another student's name that can be a problem in some may ways and definitely a distraction.
Luke Nelson commented
Not sure if this is the same or different request but for multiple participants to be able to share their screen at once like google meet. Having only one screen presented at a time is a pain!
Bartho Verharen commented
You can also choose to share your desktop screen so you can go thru the screens you want to share by Alt-Tab.
Benjamin Clark commented
I agree. There are times that I need to do screen share with multiple people. I can't believe MS is pushing this product to replace Skype for Business when it is grossly behind.
Michael Zenker commented
I don't understand why Skype has this feature and Teams not...
I hope this will be looked at very soon as our company is working daily with international teams. Showing multiple screens should be really made straight forward for any user. It used to be an easy option with Skype for Business, so I could only imagine MS could improve on that? Thank you.
Will this option be available soon...multiple screen share in Teams? It would be beneficial for training.
We are in great need of a multiple screen share option.
Kimberly Buchanan commented
We desperately need this too for training and demo
YES! WE NEED THIS!
It would be nice to have the option to see the chat box as well as the list of attendees while in a meeting watching the presentation. Sometimes people aren't on mute when they join the meeting and I have to quickly leave the chat and go to the attendees list to figure out who it is that's not on mute and mute them. being able to have the option to have all three things viewable on the screen would be helpful.
We're starting to use Teams for simple remote user support. Many of our users have two screens, and some have three. We'd like a way to share all screens during a session so that we can navigate the entire user's computer.