How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Show the time stamp when assignments are turned in even after "returning" the assignment.

It appears Teams was just updated to allow the teacher to "return" an assignment to a student either before or after grading. This is a great, and much needed feature. However, the timestamp showing when an assignment was originally turned in now disappears. So, if I have a student turn an assignment in late and then I return the assignment back to the student with their grade, I can no longer see the original turn in time or date. The reason this is a problem is because I have often used that timestamp to clear up disputes with students who claim they have turned the assignment in on time. The new return feature is great, but why can't we have both features. The problem really is that there needs to be a "send back" button to send an assignment back to a student for revision, and then maybe a "return" button to return graded work. And the timestamp for when the most recent assignment was submitted should never disappear. To me, that is more important than a timestamp showing when it was returned.

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Donna Montgomery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree! I love that students can turn in assignments again when there is a problem. But then I no longer have record of what time/date they turned in the original. I wish there were both dates listed.
    Also, on my end when a student resubmits an assignment that I have already graded I wish it stood out in the list so I know it is a new version.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.