How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Remove "Staff Notebook" from Microsoft Teams for Education

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but we are using Microsoft Teams educational licenses. We want to use the Teams for our internal staff departments first. For some reason the setup of teams includes extra educational features like it force creates a OneNote tab called "Staff Notebook" in the General channel of each team. the OneNote includes a lot of classroom type customization that we do not want/need. Our departments have their own OneNotes. I cannot delete Staff Notebook tab or even rename it. I can add and delete other OneNotes but we want a clean set of tabs. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting rid of this? Thanks.

194 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Robert Derby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to delete staff notebooks that are automatically created and appears in the tabs within each channel.

• Christina R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, and wish this was upvoted! I would love to be able to remove the Staff Notebook Tab, or at least be able to push it to the back of the group. You can delete the notebook itself in site assets, but it doesn't remove the tab. I wish the notebook was optional instead of forced in the General tab.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.