How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Read receipt in conversation - see who has read a post

Now I post a message in a thread/conversation, but I have no idea how many has read it.

38 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Yngve shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • CMVenema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! It is useful to see who has read a conversation post. Please encorporate this feature in Classroom Teams.
    Chantel Venema
    Friesland College

• Miroslav Kotlas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For us it is necessary feature. If we want to communicate with whole school and for example our director wants to send a message for all student, he needs to know, how many of them have read it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm shocked that this has not been incorporated in Teams from the start. As well as, how this article has not gathered more attention.

This is a feature that almost all messaging platforms have, it is not a new idea by any means. If people don't want read receipts, the simple option to turn it on and off would be great. The simple fact to see who your message has reached is necessary for our team.

• Walter Wahlstedt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this is a good idea. However i think it should be able to be turned on and off for administrators. Additionally maybe only allow certain people to view read messages, like a manager for instance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.