How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Turn in assignments on behalf of in Teams for EDU.

Teachers need a way to turn in an assignment on behalf of students who for some reason aren't able to turn it in themselves, or at least change the status to delivered.

63 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Magnus Sandtorv shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marius Pretorius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A manual and automatic approach would be good for this aspect.
    (1) A teacher may want to upload a document and turn it in manually.

(2) Sometimes learners forget to click on the "Turn In" button. This should happen automatically on the submission date/time if "Turn in late" is disabled. If Turn in late is allowed - it would not make sense for this to be forced automatically.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is very important for our needs at my school. I didn't realize until I created my first class how much we need this. Otherwise it takes a lot of roundabout work for each student.

• Christopher Hoard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is requests for this on the Microsoft Tech Community and I have directed them to this User Voice. Best, Chris Hoard

• Donna Montgomery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also help when something prevents a child from turning in work. For example, they had some kind of emergency that they weren't able to complete the work and the teacher excused them instead of having them do it late.

• Grant Christianson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! It would be awesome if teachers could "turn in" an assignment for students who didn't turn it in for some reason. Allows us track missing work without having to review each student.

• Jenn Bialek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! There should be an option such as "Automatic Turn In on Due Date" and teachers pick the time to force it to be turned in so I can at least grade what kids have. I have elementary students and only see them twice a week so when the assignment is due and they're absent, it's a challenge to get it turned in, especially when it's report card time!

Feedback and Knowledge Base