How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

resubmit an assignment after scores have been posted

Right now, it seems like students can only see feedback on an assignment if the scores have been posted. But once the scores are posted students are not allowed to redo that assignment and resubmit the work based off of the teacher's feedback.

153 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kris Ilgavizis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Comments are closed
  • Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately I will have to go back to Google because of this problem. In my subject area, students need to be able to resubmit an assessment if the are not yet competent. This would be the same for hundreds of other schools in my country that all use the same assessment format.

• Kristin Holmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have one concern: There was the problem in Classroom that students could change the work after it was graded and then contest the grade. The best solution would be one that kept the version that was graded but allowed a student to submit a second version for regrading.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A status update and timeline would be great on this fix. Not having this feature makes it very difficult to hold back staff that want google classroom since it works on that platform

In the old Microsoft Classroom, you could review students work and post comments while the students were working on an assignment. In the assignment feature in Teams, you can give feedback to students, but they cannot see it until you click “Post All” which then does not allow them to work on the assignment anymore. In Classroom, you could put in feedback and click post for that student and they could get feedback while still actively working on their assignment before turning it in. So we are trying to use the comment feature in Word Online. However, once the student has turned it in, they can’t see the teachers comments, it gets saved in a “submitted” version. If the teacher gives comments on that file, the kids can only see their “working files,” thus not allowing them to see the comments. If we had the feature that was in Classroom where you could post a comment to a student before they turned it in, that would solve the issue.

When students hit hand-in, which some do by mistake it locks the document. Being able to hand it back would also solve this problem.

• Chris Mason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is cumbersome, the conception behind the current setup is old-fashioned and doesn't fit most of the tools in 365 - that collaboration and iteration are highly valued parts of learning. I want to be able to press "send feedback" or "publish edits to student" prior to the end of the assignment.

I've actually started printing out assignments and giving written feedback - surely thats a backward step?

So I thought I had done something wrong by giving a score to their assignment and it was that that prevented them adding to work and resubmitting. So on next assignment i just gave feedback and no score. However, I now find that they can not see theses comments until I give them a score! Come on Microsoft, pull your finger out! I assume you all must have been to school and been given assignments that you were then asked to improve so why not make it possible on this system? Google classroom had it from early doors. PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a school we have to have give students feedback and see that they have acted upon it. The only way for this to happen at the moment is to edit the file they have handed in, which at the moment takes too long (to edit in the desktop app as it takes a long time to download if you are going to add ink. why do you need to click enable editing, surly that is what you have clicked on in the first place.)
    Please allow the comments to be available throughout the process so students can see them or allow reopening of the assignment with a new deadline.

As an English teacher, my students need to see my comments, annotations, and feedback and then respond to them in a single document is vitally important. This feature is a must if I'm going to sell the rest of my school on using Teams.

I have also had this problem. I have set an assignment and then given it a mark and issued feedback for improvement (as is normal as a teacher). However, students now cant change their work. Its a major oversight in Teams I think.
    As a work around, if I set a new assignment 'Improve your work', will they be able to find their original work, make changes and then submit this? I hope so!
    Thanks

This feature was on the old classroom, the removal of it makes no sense. I have a student who incorrectly turned in an assignment, and I cannot return it to him for resubmission. I liked the old classroom, this is too business like...

Functionality ... after students receive an assignment and feedback, they cannot open the document in Word online to continue improving and editing. This is really frustrating for both the teacher and the student. Why doesn't Word online open by default? This is especially true on writing assignments. Most often, students need to revise and resubmit work.

This feature was available in Classroom. Please make it available in Teams quickly!!!! Thank you!

• Dara commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For real! I am literally on these threads right now trying to find a work around! So irritating!

• Kristin Holmes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important. It is not unusual for a student to need to update or correct their work. Without this feature it becomes very challenging to track students' progress.

• Robyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential!!! Resubmission is the basis of Growth Mindset in Education. Without the ability to resubmit students cannot really invest in improvement to the eventual goal of mastery. Please change this ASAP!!!

• Alan Mathison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Classroom App, teachers could leave comments and return files if they were not correct. Right now students cannot see comments until you Post. Students should be able to have a running dialog on individual assignments.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish there was a way that students could see teacher feedback as they are working on an assignment versus after it was already done.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base