How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Please allow the upload of Folders. Not just a file.

We would like to be able to move folders from other areas to the File section of Teams. To create a folder and then upload files to it is too much work, especially if we have several levels of folders within folders.

125 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Tracy Whiteman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded  · 

This feature request is actively being worked upon! I’ll provide updates to this thread as it moves along.

-Warren

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kyle Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to see this happen.

Right now there is a work around where you upload the folders to OneDrive, share the folder and get a shareable link, and add the link to your tabs. Seems to be the simplest option at the moment!

• Alfredo Calvo Uceda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can synchronize folders from OneDrive on your local computer and upload many folders at once:
        1) Open the channel
        2) Press "Files"
        3) Press to open in SharePoint
        4) Press synchronize.
        5) Copy the folders you want to upload in the local copy.
        6) Wait for everything to be synchronized.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A thousand times yes - I have a large number of files to transfer to a Teams channel and I'm having to re-create the folder structure - very tedious! Need to be able to drag & drop folders!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would definitely benefit me! I came to ask the same thing... after spending hours doing it the 'long way'.

Feedback and Knowledge Base