How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Dashboard rather than Conversation as the home page of each Team

Rather than see a conversation as the starting point of each Team, I'd like to see a dashboard. That is, recent conversation activity, Assessments due, calendar events, recent files, homework reminders etc ...

268 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vince Papa shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • M. Mulder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or the PowerBI reports. General: Move new tabs to the starting point (drag and drop for re-arrange). That would be awesome. We miss this feature on our school. We have more than 140 separate teams running right now, so this customization would be great! When does the status 'under review' go in to the 'developement status'? ;-)

• Reidar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be absolute great. My solution for having info to my students is to mute all of them and using the conversation as an information page from me to them.

• Del Betz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could possibly integrate this into the Class Note book. I use this a dashboard of sorts with my students

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The dashboard should be customizable and attractive, like a web page. Each channel (i.e. topic) should have its own dashboard and assignments, instead of all of the assignments for the year being contained in one giant list. It would be great if the teacher can designate which channel the students will see first when they open Teams, so the teacher can change it as the class moves from topic to topic. This will combine the functionality of a class website and a method to distribute/grade assignments in one place. The "conversations" should be visually less important than the dashboard and assignments.
    PLEASE DO THIS. Right now my students hate using Teams because it is unattractive and the first thing they see is something that is not important to them (conversations). So I distribute assignments using Google Classroom (which I don't like).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There really needs to be a landing page for each Team which can be customised (preferably centrally) to suit, much like a SharePoint page.
    This really would help people engage with Teams, at the moment people think Teams is just about chatting with each other.

• M. Mulder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or the PowerBI reports. General: Move new tabs to the starting point (drag and drop for re-arrange)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dashboard is a better option than conversations. At least we are able to be in control with making announcements or sharing posts. It's more organised than the current conversations. Thank you for chasing up on this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.