How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Add ability for Parents/Gaurdians to view assignments, etc.

Can we get a parents' app to see when their child's teacher creates an assignment next please?

275 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott Galloway shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • A McPherson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

TeacherDashboard365 will be releasing an app soon that does this. Which is great. Could Microsoft, just buy them out perhaps and release the app for free?

• Adam Weir commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongy agree with this suggestion, but would add that third party moderation is required in the New Zealand school system so some ability for the Owner to send a link to an external email address would be a massive help.

It would be beneficial for the moderator to be able to leave summative feedback comments too. Perhaps this could be built into the Assignments function.

• peep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This might not be the greatest idea. having parents keeping an eye on their child at ALL times is very stressful. a lot of high school teens deal with depression and just having all this stress piled up on them is worse . I'm not saying students should stop doing work just because they are merely stressed , every student must try their best in succeeding . I suggest letting students have their own space where they feel comfortable doing work .

• Graeme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just came to make this very same suggestion and saw someone else had already suggested it and i will be voting this up. My suggestion was similar to the original post but with a little difference..... All pupil accounts should come with an account holder - the pupil, and another user who is attached to that username - the parent. They cannot interact in the same way that the pupil can but that can enter and view everything that the pupil can see, for example their onenotebook, drives, chat screens etc

• Janine Le Cras commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this would be very useful
        There are other products out there such as Showbie, or Show my homework that do this, but why have a separate product when Teams does everything else

• Amanda Rogers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make it much easier to stop using a 3rd party application to allow the parents to see what is going on. We are trying to use TEAMS to replace newsletters that get lost or go out of date too quickly. Right now the parents are having to use the student login and I would prefer if they had their own.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Parents would want to know where their kids are up to, and there would be no excuses for them.

Totally agree. This would help make Teams viable for replacing Teacher Webpage format that is leaving out district, if parents were able to access the same information I'm providing for my students. Basically, "One group to rule them all." :-)

Hello,
        Can the OneNote Class Notebook Teacher admin tool have the same features like adding access to parents to students specific notebooks.
        Also the Notebook link does nothing.

• Troy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A great first step would be have the option of main teacher created pages be public facing. I am less worried about parents having access to student scores or final products at this point.

• Nathalie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was very exciting to be able to provide parents with links to their child's Notebook, thank you ! I had many pleased parents.

Please add the same Parent/Guardian link generator to Teams, ie a link which does not require an account in order to sign in.

Thank you :)

• Jim Cooper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely! This would be a HUGE asset for parents with younger children - both with helping make sure their students are current on homework ... AND ... for picking up assignments when child is ill.

Great idea and will really help streamline teacher planning and reporting to parents. We are looking at third party homework Sharing apps but having it built in to Teams would be a fantastically useful addition

Like; completely agree with comments from Gary Neilson.
        Would enable class teacher to ensure quality control over homework and keep parents informed.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base