How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Add ability for Parents/Gaurdians to view assignments, etc.

Can we get a parents' app to see when their child's teacher creates an assignment next please?

367 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott Galloway shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? You said in September we'd have a update in a couple of weeks... it's now April... 2019.

• Fleischer Sára commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really great to have a "Parent" role, as we have Member, owner and Guest. For us, Parent should be more than guest and less than Member.

It would be great if parents would have contribute to the chat, see some shared documents and participate, alse share them, be able to watch streem chanels (like videos about school events etc). As we see parent are also citizens of the school, but with other interests. This feature would be crutial to migrate school communities from facebook and youtube

• J Worth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any news on this? We are really keen on getting this up and running.

• Robyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were hoping this feature would be available before the end of the semester. Any additional updates?

• Tino P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am waiting for updates. I told my fellow teachers than within a few weeks parents would receive mails on teams assignments, and they are eagerly asking me about this update.

• Juan Pablo Gil Galindo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

integrate/ eliminate and add yammer capabilities like post for mailshots with/for external users like parents. You could have that each team have channels that each one(every channel) could have chat, post, conversation tread, etc.

• Robyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An updates on this, we were hoping this feature would be available mid-term so we can start onboarding parents/observers before the end of the fall semester.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base