How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Integrate Assignments with calendar

It would be very useful for communication with parents to get a link of the dates assignments that they can add in their Phone Calendar (or Outlook calendar,...). Students also love to be able to see that on their phone home screen. No excuses...! ;)

When an assignment is created in a class, it only shows up in the assignment tab within that class. In Classroom when an assignment was created it also showed in the students’ calendars. This would be a great addition especially if students are in multiple classes they’ll be able to see all their assignments in their calendar.

418 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Julie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Dusseault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have a team calendar app as well. I'd like to be able to add lessons and daily activities that are not assignments, and be able to schedule them over multiple days instead of just show up on the due date.

• Oskar Kuus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Each team must have a good calendar. The calenar should be fully controlable for teamowners so flow and other functions in o365 can be used with them.
        The calendar should be integrated in Teams and not be displayed on a webpage or in outlook.
        The calendar need several views, day, month, week etc.
        The calendar should also work in mobile apps.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The hardest thing for a student is to get a good overview of all the Assignments that have been given to them. When a student gets Assignments in different Teams they should automaticly show up in their Planner and Calender.
        The Planner wil function as a homework todo list that allows each student to manage time and place for their homework. The Calendar will give them an overview for all their dates not just homework and will function as a help for time-allocation.

We need our students functioning like adults do! That assignment goes straight to Outlook on the Web calendar so they have a digital student planner. Thanks!

• Tom Owens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,

A great feature would be the ability to set a start date for a course (e.g. September 10th) and have this automatically set future dates for submissions.

For example, currently a year long unit with submissions in week 8, 16, 24 and 30 requires the calendar dates to be entered manually and tweaked every year. Could this be automated so that entering the start date of the unit/course automatically sets the other dates.

Thanks

Agree.
        Since I am one of the few teachers using teams in my school atm it's not a problem as they check my/their team; but as more come on board they need to see them in one place.
        I am a bit annoyed that Classroom disappeared after investing my time and energy into using it BUT am prepared to think that Teams might be even better - but it must do atleast what Classroom did.....
        Sorry guys, still way behind Google here.

• peep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the calendar thing is a good idea , but as a student having our parents look at our assignments from time to time would be way too stressful for students.

When you add the assignment in the assignments tab, can it also appear in the class calendar? Students can then use the calendar feature in outlook to view their assignments on their class calendar.

Also being able to grade and post assignments in Skyward. Microsoft teams and Skyward are still not talking to each other, so adding assignments is great, but it is graded and does not as yet post to skyward. :(

• Claire Gordon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There needs to be a calendar page that teachers can post different daily assignments and details of where to find them DIFFERENT from the assignment

• Suzannah Calvery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be very useful to have tasks show up in the planner/calendar. That way all time-oriented appointments/tasks are in one place.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have a calendar for scheduling meetings and just posting calendar events for members to view.

I am testing an online course and when I add an assignment in TEAMS it only allows me to post the due date - therefore my students will not see the assignment until the due date. For example: I just gave them instructions to create a business card. They have 2 days to complete this assignment, however they won't even be alerted that it was assigned until the due date. You can create an "Assigned On" icon and then an "Assignment Due" Icon for the same assignment.

YES! I miss this feature so much. I am not sure why it was taken away! Plus, I am not seeing an assignment tab autopopulated when I create an assignment. My kids, last year in Classroom, were able to set text message reminders for events on the integrated calendar. I found a much higher turn in rate and less excuses for not knowing about upcoming tests/such. Parents loved it because they could easily see the kids' assignments

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base