How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

People have no idea what sharepoint is. Stop confusing us with view in sharepoint.

once we get to sharepoint it is massively confusing. I have never used a service more confusing than a sharepoint site that no one knows exists except through links to the exact location. You're losing people with this horrible structure.

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To expand a bit on Martin's comment, SharePoint and online storage are essential components of the infrastructure behind Teams. I doubt there's any danger of SharePoint links being removed. However, I can see how users who are not admins or power users and not familiar with SharePoint could be highly confused after getting unceremoniously dumped to an unconfigured or poorly designed SharePoint site--possibly with little or no user training.

Perhaps a "simple view" could be developed that would restrict navigation into the SharePoint back end and keep users within the Teams environment. When a user or the admin is ready, one or more users could choose"advanced view" to access all SharePoint pages and functionality they have permissions for. Not sure exactly how that would work. Just brainstorming...

• Martin Fletcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be lost without the Sharepoint link. Having the ability to connect directly to the Sharepoint site and sync folders and files on multiple devices is a god send. One of the requests on this forum is for the ability to upload folders, this feature exists through Sharepoint.

Please do not remove the Sharepoint link

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A user is in Teams and opens a file to edit online. When they finish they click the folder (or Teams) name at the top to close the document. When the page reloads they are no longer in Teams - they are now in the Groups/SharePoint. It would be helpful if they returned to where they came from i.e. Teams
    Although the Team is still open in their original browser tabs it is confusing for users to find themselves in a different environment.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.