How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

existing classnotebooks

It would be really helpful to be able to sync Teams with preexisting class notebooks in OneNote.

180 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Andy Lundquist shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Greg L. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's coming soon was posted over a year ago.... June 26, 2017. still not available August 2018.

• Jose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this feature? School is about to start and I would like to know the status. We have many of our teachers asking about this. They are questioning if they should use the Notebook within Teams or the Class Notebook within O365.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Testing Teams, OneNote etc at our university and already hit this problem. Is there any update on when this functionality might be integrated into Teams

I am also curious if this solution is any where near to be solved? It would be easier if I could add an already existing OneNote book into a team since my students have produced lots of assignements, instead of making a new one.

And it should be possible to remove the standard OneNote tab, to make sure students click on the right OneNote

It would be really helpful to be able to sync Teams with preexisting class notebooks in OneNote.

• Dirk van Poppel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have several Notebooks. Our school is upgrating to Teams and I want to integrate these Notebooks, each in a new Team.

It would only take a few lines of code for the software developers to make this work! The file formats are the same, they are just stored in different locations. It would make a huge amount of sense to have the OLD books appear in the new Teams interface. Making millions of users create NEW notebooks and copy across the content is very silly compared to a few software engineers writing a few lines of code into the Teams product. What do you think?

• Dennis Davis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In all honesty why would I use an application in which I have to recreate a whole OneNote file in that application especially when it is an Office 365 solution which is cloud based and supposed to be linked across the Office applications. This is why I have used MS office for the past decade. OneNote is awesome and I had hoped to link it right into the Staff OneNote notebook in Teams. Please take this feature request as a productivity and workflow request for Teams.
        -d²

• DJMunson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams needs to allow us to add PRE-EXISTING Class Notebooks to new Class TEAMS. It is ridiculous that we have to create a NEW Class Notebook because we create new Class Team.

As a teacher I would need the possibility to integrate my existing class Notebooks to Teams and to see the exact names of the class Notebooks such as 3HLMb_2017_18

• R Spruijt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with your point, if there is a class notebook for your team already, Teams should pick up on this. The way we get around this is to add a 'website' tab to your channel and point it to the web view (OneNote Online) view of your notebook.

• Dee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yay! I have an extensive notebook for my team and we've just started using MS Teams. Can't wait for this feature - will try copy/paste for now. Cumbersome, but need resources in Teams now.

• Martyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've already constructed extensive OneNote Class Notebooks with my students over the past couple of years. I don't want to have to start a NEW Class Notebook when creating my class Teams.
        I want to be able to associate a pre-existing Class Notebook with a new Team.

• DJMunson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I already have students with assignments in a Class Notebook. I want to be able to add an existing Class Notebook to Teams.

I don't understand why teachers have to have more work to use a new Microsoft app.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base