How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Gradebook/markbook for classes

There should be a gradebook which automatically records results from assignments. A Gradebook is needed to show ALL the students grades for ALL the assignments. Something with weighting and totaling of selected assignments.

155 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

llywelyn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! The oly thing missing from the Teams/OneNote partnership is a gradebook or an easy way to migrate grades. If Microsoft could add a gradebook I think we might finally have a one stop shop! Imagine that. :-)

• Stephanie Momsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could also indicate whether a student has handed an assignment in, especially if you're doing something that has no points attached but you need to track how far along a student is in their work.

• Deb Keys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was just the idea that I was going to add. I am currently entering marks into the Assignment and then having to copy them to my Excel gradebook. I would to have one spreadsheet per class that is made up (automatically) from the grades I put into Teams. Also, I would like the Assignment grade to automatically convert to a % from the raw data that I put in. Being able to review a students progress over time is a fundamental requirement (please!).

• Alex Neblett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now, you have to view each individual assignment to see if a student has turned it in or not. It would be helpful to able to view John Smith and see what he's turned in all at once.

• Benedikt Neuhold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have categories like homework, tests, ....
    Then I can combine the grades with a custom function (for instance sum, average, ...)

• James Stratford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, being able to open it up as an excel document seems like a natural development and one with great potential.

In the future it would be great if you could customize the markbook (for example add columns between assignments that do topic aggregrations, lookups for grading etc.) which just places new assignments in the next spare column (or we can select to import individual assignments as a column to the class markbook).

• Toby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even better than this would be to link forms to the same markbook so these could be added as assignments.

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.