How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

Gradebook/markbook for classes

There should be a markbook which automatically records results from assignments (when Classroom is migrated to Teams)

143 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

llywelyn shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Several months later, this is becoming a deciding factor for my practice. Other services (Markboard/Planboard etc) will do this, but there doesn't seem to be anything from MS to suggest they are actively working on this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is becoming a necessary feature that is going to turn me off using Teams. I need to be able to see at a glance which assignments have been turned in, which have been marked/graded and which I have just added comments. The feature is not about the feedback loop but about how many assignments a student has handed in satisfactorily.

• MrsD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Assume that this is still not a feature - I am doing the same as other teachers, using the assignment submission and feedback facility, but then typing my marks into my own Excel spreadsheet. Annoying and time consuming to be honest, especially when students are working at their own pace through the set tasks, I would like to have an overview of who has completed and submitted each assignment, and the marks I have awarded them.

• Richard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As below, the automatic collation of all marks into one spreadsheet/interface would be ideal. For the teacher: select each class and see the spread of marks across all assignments.
        For the student: see their marks for all assignments (particularly if they are have other subjects, too!)
        The feedback loop is not the feature that is being requested.

• Juan Pablo Gil Galindo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a gradebook is not for an asigment, is a recopilation of asigmnents for a group of asigments during a period of time with points and weights.

• Stephen Royle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using the assignments feature for the first time this week and I have quite enjoyed the flexibility of the feedback - either a general comment or by commenting directly on the student's work. A gradebook which tallies all the assignment marks in a grid is essential, however.

This is the feedback loop for individual assignments. How can we see all the assignments for the class or individual students?

• Esther Penner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is great. Thanks so much for the feature. As other users have commented an actual gradebook including an overview of all scores and assignments with the ability to Export it would be super helpful.

In addition it would be great if we could add more score criterias (more than six). In Germany we use a different grading system, so that the limitation to 6 criterias does not work well for us. Would it be possible to integrate the option to add more criterias?

• René commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

But can Teams make a gradebook, where I can see the students scores from all the assignments - so I can get a good view of a students progression?

• Mr Grublestein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a welcome addition. Would also love to be able take the class roll then it would be Teams and class note books all the way.

• Robyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now the Export to Excel feature is great, I wish this was available as an ONLINE Excel Cloud based file. This way I can edit and add calculation features directly online.

I agree! The oly thing missing from the Teams/OneNote partnership is a gradebook or an easy way to migrate grades. If Microsoft could add a gradebook I think we might finally have a one stop shop! Imagine that. :-)

• Stephanie Momsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It could also indicate whether a student has handed an assignment in, especially if you're doing something that has no points attached but you need to track how far along a student is in their work.

• Deb Keys commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was just the idea that I was going to add. I am currently entering marks into the Assignment and then having to copy them to my Excel gradebook. I would to have one spreadsheet per class that is made up (automatically) from the grades I put into Teams. Also, I would like the Assignment grade to automatically convert to a % from the raw data that I put in. Being able to review a students progress over time is a fundamental requirement (please!).

And can these all end up in ONE excel sheet rather than an excel for every assignment!

• Alex Neblett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now, you have to view each individual assignment to see if a student has turned it in or not. It would be helpful to able to view John Smith and see what he's turned in all at once.

• Benedikt Neuhold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have categories like homework, tests, ....
        Then I can combine the grades with a custom function (for instance sum, average, ...)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base