Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

How can we make Microsoft Teams better for your classroom and staff collaboration?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to prevent students from editing files

If Files is going to replace classroom then the owner of the team needs to be able to decide if a file can be edited or not. Some files i need my students to be able to edit for homework, others i do not want them to change so i should have an option which enables or disables edit function for members when i upload a file.

287 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Assignments overview

Both the student and the teacher need somewhere to view all the assignment that the student has submitted, together with grades and feedback. When grading, it is a crucial feature for the teacher to be able to get an overview on what the student has done, if assignments have been missed and how the assignments were graded.

220 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Private Channels - Please add functionality to limit a channel to certain team members!!

I oversee all of the safety committees across our district. Some information is necessary for all committees but I'd love to collaborate with each committee individually as well. The ability to add certain members to certain channels would be SOOOO helpful!

186 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Please allow the upload of Folders. Not just a file.

We would like to be able to move folders from other areas to the File section of Teams. To create a folder and then upload files to it is too much work, especially if we have several levels of folders within folders.

112 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Notification Enhancements

We have moved back to using Skype as the notification for Chat is not customizable. Staff that use Team for chatting, miss incoming messages, compared to Skype. I want to push the use of Team, but this factor renders the app useless.

47 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Need functionality to add a OneNote resource when creating an assignment in iOS Teams app

While on my mobile device (I use iOS, but the suggestion applies to all platforms), I may want to create a page in a Teams-generated OneNote Class Notebook using my mobile OneNote app, then I may want to assign it using my Teams mobile app. I see that I can browse my mobile device's files and my OneDrive, but I can't add a OneNote Class Notebook resource as I can using the Windows laptop version of the Teams app.

6 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →