Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Lower all hands with a single click

A button to lower all raised hands in a meeting like the "mute all" button mutes all microphones.

193 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show the time stamp when assignments are turned in even after "returning" the assignment.

It appears Teams was just updated to allow the teacher to "return" an assignment to a student either before or after grading. This is a great, and much needed feature. However, the timestamp showing when an assignment was originally turned in now disappears. So, if I have a student turn an assignment in late and then I return the assignment back to the student with their grade, I can no longer see the original turn in time or date. The reason this is a problem is because I have often used that timestamp to clear up disputes with students who…

190 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Push-To-Talk feature

Push-To-Talk feature, so as to not repeatedly press the mic button

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. This feature is under development and is planned for later this year. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

In the meantime, you can try using the keyboard shortcut to toggle mute (Ctrl+Shift+M). For more information on keyboard shortcuts, please visit https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/keyboard-shortcuts-for-microsoft-teams-2e8e2a70-e8d8-4a19-949b-4c36dd5292d2.

You can also follow status on the main UV forum at https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18837436. Thanks!

4. Use a group tag to assign an assignment

In order to assign differentiated tasks or a task to an individual class in a team with multiple classes, we should have the ability to use a Tag to select students instead of having to select them all individually.

This will also mean that if we need to assign assessment notifications and task to the cohort:
    - one teacher can quickly create the tasks for each class individually
    - each classes teacher and then monitor their class and quickly chase up who hasn't viewed/ submitted items by set dates without having to scroll through all of the students.
    - once…

189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Annotation toolbar

Integrate annotation toolbar for any participant to draw when the screen is sharing

188 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Upload files to multiple channels at the same time

When posting a message please allow us to upload a file to multiple channels.
    Currently if you attach a file to a message you can only post it to one channel. Many teachers are responsible for multiple classes in the same grade. Having to go and upload a file to each team and channel one by one is very time consuming.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Turn off student's ability to chat within the chat thread during a meeting

I would like to be able to selectively remove the ability of certain students to chat in the chat thread during a meeting. I am currently able to remove their ability to respond to the general thread via chat but not individual students during a meeting. This would be helpful to ensure that conversation remains appropriate.

187 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The Ability to Schedule Future Posts in the Conversation Tab

I would love to be able to schedule posts ahead of time and have them show up in Teams at a specific time. I tried to see if I could facilitate this through MS Flow but no luck.

185 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share a file across multiple team

I have created several teams for my school (Yr 7 Maths, Yr 8 Maths, Yr 9 Maths) and while most of the time each team would be working specifically within that team, sometimes there may be a department file that we need to work on. Can I share the file between teams, and have the file constantly update and sync across all teams?

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Breakout Room timer

I would like to see a timer that can be added to a channel. This would help manage the time when participants are in a breakout room.

178 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quiz form - the number of points should not be limited to integers

In quiz form, the number of points should not be limited to integers. There is often need to use 0.5 points or 1.5 points ... to appropriately assess the answer. I think, many users would appreciate such change.

176 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add paste image, text box, drag and drop, zoom in or out to the Whiteboard in Teams

The Whiteboard would be more useful with the ability to: 1) paste an image or anything onto the whiteboard. 2) insert a text box, 3) move what's on the whiteboard to a different area on the whiteboard, 4) zoom in or out

174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Introduce a way to give a non-invasive instant feedback to the presenter(Professor, teacher..)

Hello everyone,

I'm a university student and I sometimes have the need to give a rapid feedback to my Professor for example when they ask if everything is clear and if we are understanding the new concepts presented. In this case the only way to interact is by opening the microphone(which is a bit invasive in my opinion because everybody hears you and you kind of interrupt the lesson just saying "yes" or "ok!"; however it is also necessary for the teacher in order to have an idea of how the students are perceiving the lesson).
    I've thought about a…

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SCORM

Please can you build something so we can use SCORM files in Teams, and pull out the scores of quizzes from within them and completion of the materials?

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

35 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  angch responded

Thank you for your feedback. We are reviewing this request and will evaluate possible solutions.

15. Mute all default in Classroom Teams

Once Teams is synced with the student information system the class Teams should default to Mute all and give the teacher the ability to unmute once digital citizenship is taught. This is a great what to teach students how to behave digitally.

173 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Archive assignments

Both students and teachers to archive assignments but can also see the archived assignments from a list and should a teacher want to reuse it, can still do so.

172 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Seesaw app

Add a Seesaw app to Teams for Education

https://app.seesaw.me

171 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. We need a circle-format for meeting/conferencing/collaborating

We need a circle-format that highlights each person in the group and relates to a visual format, as if the students were actually sitting in a circle for education purposes and for implementing restorative justice circles in a distance learning format. This should include a virtual "talking piece" that would show up next to someone's name in the participant list, and at the same time, when the virtual talking piece is passed, the speaker's mic should turn on, and the other mics should automatically be muted. The icon for the "virtual talking piece" should be either a ball or a…

166 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let .pdf presentations to be shared in Teams (currently Powerpoint only is supported)!

Hi,

I use .pdf slides (written in LaTeX, lots of equations, tables etc.) in my classrooms, yet I cannot share them because only Powerpoint is supported, so far. It would be great to make .pdf presentations shareable in Teams.

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mute Notifications

Allow muting of all notifications quickly. There are times when I present or want no distractions!

161 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base