Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make option to rotate pictures when we look at them after upload. Thanks.

Usefull stuff. When we use Teams for education for example. My students send me pictures whit their homework. Now i have to download them and then upload them in diferent roatations. The problem is when they use post a picture right away and they dont edit it beforehand. Would be extra usefull if we could rotate pictures in wiew mode. Thanks.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Use insights to measure the activity on Class Notebook.

We have insights installed but it does not currently show us when children access the class notebook. This would help a great deal to see who is accessing the work. We can see they have been onto Teams if they look at files or post but no record of class notebook access.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide an option to student to raise a flag, if gone on a break.

During the class student might have to go for nature call or water break. So, student can raise that flag, and if during the class faculty called out the student name than faculty can see if the student is available or not.
    Also to track the break time, a timer can also be shown for that flag.

This should only be shown to faculty who should be the owner of that Team or group.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reporting and analytics tool

Teams would need a reporting tool to see, for example, the assessment of a pupil's school year view. At the same time, it could even get a graphical view. This would be a really good improvement and a much desired feature of teachers. For further development, this could predict the student's school success. I mean, therefore, learning analytics. Third party payments are already payable. If Microsoft were to make their own, Teams would overwhelm all electronic learning environments at this time. For such, we have a strong demand in Finland. Finland is one of the model of education and we…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adoption and Analytics for Schools

A PowerBI Report similar to the O365 Adoption Pack (or built-in to it) that provides analytics about:

• Classes with active Assignments

• Classes with active Class Notebooks

• Classes with active Files

• Classes with active Conversations

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please allow the ability to flip the camera from mirror to actual view. Writing on a board or showing images to the camera are all mirror

Please allow the ability to flip the camera from a mirror view to actual view on apple products. Writing on a board or showing images to the camera are all mirrored. If there is already a way to reverse the image a button on the video menu would be very useful.

Thanks!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Analysis and insights

Insights is good at a classroom level however it would be great to get similar data at a school and trust wide level..
    As a director of digital learning I would like to be able to run insights style analysis via the teams admin console to a far greater depth than the current analysis allows. I would like to be able to be able to see things like how many teachers and which office 365 accounts have set teams up, be able to group them via subject and then look globally at assignments set, hand ins, latest, time spent on…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. task dependencies

Hi there, it would be great if Teams added a task dependency ability to the planner. Task 1 is dependent on completion of task 2 and so forth. Notifications for task 2 non completion will also be sent to task 1 group. Visual connections between the two or in the expanded task choices it is apparent.
    This could be as simple as the ability to also tag another task not just people.

Thanks!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 'Stream' videos inside

About 'stream' option. It would be very useful to have acces to stream web page, or at least to all videos classified by groups and channels, in the same 'microsoft teams' app. If so, you wouldn't need to get out from the app to google chrome, safari, … That would be more efficient

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. praise

A tracker to track students praise through Microsoft Teams

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I would like to be able to see which students have viewed videos on our class stream channel.

We can see if the students have viewed an assignment, but can't tell if they have viewed the linked videos on stream.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show when a member was last online

I am trying to figure out which pupils have accessed our class Teams but this would be a lot more useful if you could see a date and a time when that member last logged on.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

try this instead  ·  1 comment  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Insights

Show "Viewed" status in downloadable spreadsheet under "Turn-in status". This would allow for filtering of students who have seen the assignment but have not completed it. This is would be useful for tracking homeworking engagement across classes.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Thoughts from a School Teacher

Overall, a solid product. Here is the feedback of a schoolteacher after two weeks of using MS Teams for remote learning:

Assignments

1. Please put assignments for ALL teams in one place and (2.) integrate it with the calendar function. My students can, but refuse to click on every team's "assignments" tab to see assignments. While this isn't an issue with younger grades, it's been a rather significant hurdle for my middle schoolers with nine different teachers.

2. On that note, planner does not communicate with calendar or assignments...I don't understand the function of this product given the inherent lack of integration…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Monitoring Communication Activity within a meeting

Within the 'Communication Activity' tab, have Insights add analytics for posts, reactions, hands up etc when writing in the sidebar chat of meetings. This is the way our students ask and answer questions in 'live lessons'.Also,if it could monitor how much they have their mics on (rather than on mute) this could give a good indication of comparison of which students contribute more/less than the average.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I want to filter insights data by tag group

Rather than filtering all students, or to a specific pupil, I would really like to be able to filter the insights data by the tags I have setup in the team. This would be really useful for sub dividing pupils by class, subject free school meals, additional support needs etc. Please make this happen.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Audio sharing on both the app and Chrome

Since the desktop version keeps crashing on Windows 10 I need an alternative. However, neither the app, nor MT on Chrome has audio sharing.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Name

Please do so you can rename your student name on microsoft teams.

I dont want my first name to be seen and i cant change it

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow multiple user team accounts to log in and stay logged in and switch easily between teams accounts.

allow multiple user team accounts to log in and stay logged in and switch easily between teams accounts. For example: I have a work teams account, college teams account, and my daughter that uses my computer also has a school account. We miss a lot of important announcements because another account is logged in and the others dont send notifications.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base