Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make Class Materials folder accessible through Teams mobile apps

Currently the Class Materials read only folder is not accessible in Teams IOS app

616 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

135 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to delete items (files) in the share screen for general meetings.

Allow us to delete the numerous files listed in the share screen for general meeting (I'm not referring to chats).

372 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

109 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. pdf markup

It would be absolutely awesome if you could incorporate the current OneDrive mobile app's function to markup PDF files stored in "files"

311 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Upload files to multiple channels at the same time

When posting a message please allow us to upload a file to multiple channels.
    Currently if you attach a file to a message you can only post it to one channel. Many teachers are responsible for multiple classes in the same grade. Having to go and upload a file to each team and channel one by one is very time consuming.

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Share a file across multiple team

I have created several teams for my school (Yr 7 Maths, Yr 8 Maths, Yr 9 Maths) and while most of the time each team would be working specifically within that team, sometimes there may be a department file that we need to work on. Can I share the file between teams, and have the file constantly update and sync across all teams?

159 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let .pdf presentations to be shared in Teams (currently Powerpoint only is supported)!

Hi,

I use .pdf slides (written in LaTeX, lots of equations, tables etc.) in my classrooms, yet I cannot share them because only Powerpoint is supported, so far. It would be great to make .pdf presentations shareable in Teams.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remove default tabs - build custom channel

i would like te be able to remove the default tabs (Conversations, Files, Wiki) from a channel.

So i can build a fully custom channel

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. printing from teams Files tab

printing from teams
    It would be nice if it was posible to print directly from teams.
    i have an pdf in my files under a team, but to print it i need to download it to my machine and open and print it here.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. create links in Teams Files

It is not possible to create a saved Web Link in the Teams view of files but it is possible to create a web Link in the Sharepoint view of Teams Files. When the link is clicked on in Sharepoint, the link works. In the Teams view a link just tries to download a file.

Could web Links be made to work the same in the Teams view of Files as in the Sharepoint view of the same files.

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create a hyperlink library in files

In teams, I'd like to be able to post a list of links that can be accessed right from Teams. At this point, I have to create a Word Doc with hyperlinks on it then upload that to the Files tab. When my team tries to open the links, they have to open it in Sharepoint instead of the link going straight to the web.

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Attach a file as feedback

It would be very useful to be able to attach files as part of feedback - video, image, etc. I have students submit a variety of ways, and I can't give near the same quality feedback in a text box as I could if I could attach a file to SHOW them things.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drag and Drop Files

Please can you add the facility to drag and drop files out of teams application rather than needing to download them.drag and drop files out of teams rather than needing to download them. It would be really helpful if you could make the files tab act more like explorer in the way it handles files.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. change download destination

Could you please include a function to change the destination folder for downloads?
    Or point me in the direction of doing it myself.
    It's frustrating that they automatically do into the downloads folder.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. export member list to excel

In large teams would be great having the option to export user list to excel o csv file.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. People have no idea what sharepoint is. Stop confusing us with view in sharepoint.

once we get to sharepoint it is massively confusing. I have never used a service more confusing than a sharepoint site that no one knows exists except through links to the exact location. You're losing people with this horrible structure.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Posting across channels with attachments

The option to post on multiple channels is awesome! I wish there could be a way to attach a file and share it across multiple channels. Is that a future possibility? Would really help out the teachers at our school! OR is there an alternative way to share the same content (with attachments) across multiple channels and only posting once?

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Drag and Drop in Files

We need to be able to drag and drop multiple files into Teams. Currently you can't drag and drag in files and you can only add 10 files at

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Download Progress bar

Add a progress bar on downloaded files.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Hide folders and files in the teams sharepoint library

I want to be able to hide certain folders or files in the SharePoint library of a team and channel

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Refresh Button/Option in Files

In Teams there isn't an option to refresh the directory you are in - you have to go up a folder and then back into the directory to see updated/added files. Can a refresh button be added (similar to in a Windows file path refresh)?

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base