Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Info panel is disabled how it can be rectify

Info Panel is disabled by policy-How it can be rectify to change virtual background

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Info panel is disabled how it can be rectify

Info Panel is disabled by policy-How it can be rectify to change virtual background

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. remove cancelled classes from the calendar, it clutters up the timetable and is unnecessary.

remove the cancelled classes from the timetable as it clutters up the calendar and is unnecessary.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hello Microsoft, can you please make Grammarly available on Teams?

Sometimes I or even my teachers make spelling, grammar and punctuation mistakes. Grammarly can help improve that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. make a QR CODE because is that easy for student sign in via web

will make the student easier to sign in thier teams wthout password..its also can help the student problem was forgot their password..so using this QR CODE is more important and faster

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please include a STOP mirror imaging option.

As a teacher it is important to be able to use a document camera with the program in order to have students see certain tools. If I show a calculator the image looks mirrored to me so I have a harder time explaining to students see what they should be doing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. New chat thread for each recurring meeting

When using recurring meetings, each meeting should have a separate chat thread. Currently, the chat thread picks up where the last meeting ended if your meetings are set to recur. If I use the recurring feature, the chat thread will be so huge that the students won't be able to use it to refer back to class discussions. As a high school teacher, I have to have no fewer than three Teams meetings each day so being able to use recurring meetings would save me a lot of scheduling time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Color code meetings

For distance learning I set up all my meetings (classes) in my calendar. I would really like to be able to color code the meetings so it would be easier to distinguish between meetings (classes).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Should be more structured and more intuitive in general

it should be more structured and more intuitive so that 50+ year old teachers also know what they are doing (not a joke) and also so that it is clearer where to find everthing and one can find most Things by one klick and doesn't have to klick through 2 or 3 sub folder to find what one is Looking for.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Need templates!

Scope of work, employment contract templates and etc are needed
    Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Have a more filtered "Assignments" page

In the "Assignments" page, there should be a filter button so students can choose "Assignments due today," or "Assignments due tomorrow," so that instead of having to individually click each class to see the assignments, students can just filter out which assignments they do and do not need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. umm... pls workers of this respectful app i have a suggestion

yes pls can u add the feature of deleting chats and messages we dont wanna keep

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Activity section

1. Wanted to display completed works/tests/assgnments in a different color in the activity.

Or the finished work should disappear and be displayed in a separate section. Unfinished one section and finished in another section.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Adding an option for teachers only to see other students in the class, not the students to see other students

Students are very reluctant to turn video on during Teams classes, but the feedback from students is they are more likely to turn video on if only the teacher can see them, not the other students. Schools are now trying to make turning on videos compulsory as it was optional before and students were not always present even when logged in. It also is quite distracting for students seeing all the students in video mode and trying to listen to teacher. There is another organisation that does offer this ability so I would like Teams to have this option too…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This is for Assignments in Teams. Please could you make it easier for students to upload videos. Sometimes they can only use Chats. Please c

1. Assignments - please make it easier for students to upload videos of presentations. It often doesn't work and they have to use Chats or whatsapp.

2. Assignments - please introduce a feature whereby we can attach a scanned, marked rubric or test that we have marked offline or by hand, so that when we return the student's mark or grade, we can attach the rubric or marked test to the mark.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. calendar Add S-T-R & M-W for repeating the classes

As our working days (classes) from Sunday-Thursday.
    it's necessary to have this feature in the calendar to repeat our classes.
    So, for example, make it available STR & MW. Or, make it available to select the desired repetition days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. calendar

Create calendar invitations for Teams that will go into the calendar. Currently, the invitation can only be done in General and does not get added to the calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Move to the next student assignment after marking the current one

In the assignment; activate the movement to the other new student assignment after marking the one in hand. the current situation after marking is to click close then click on the other student name, then start again marking!!
    This will make live easier and faster

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Access folders and documents shared with me in One Drive for uploading as an attachment to a channel

A colleague and I have two sections of the same class. We created a shared room access calendar (and other shared documents). My colleague shared a folder with me on OneDrive. I want to upload the excel document from my OneDrive into this folder. When I click Save As, I can only see my own OneDrive folders as options. I am unable to see the folders that are shared with me.

Similarly, in my class Teams account, I can only upload attachments from my own OneDrive folder, not the folders and files shared with me. This prevents us from working…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base