Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I teach 3rd graders and I would like to see Microsoft Teams become more kid friendly.

I would like to see the site become more appealing. My school district uses teams, other school districts use Google classroom. I just wish there was some Way teams offered similar things or atleast make it more appealing for little children. When I think of teams, I think of a platform to host a meeting for adults or for a business.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Need a standalone attendance app

I want an attendance app unrelated to a meeting. I'm not always holding a live meeting for a class, so it would be nice to be able to have students record their attendance in another way. Currently we use forms to take attendance, but that requires multiple steps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I just wish that Zoom and similar platforms would create a setting that allowed the host to be seen by all but only the participants seen by

A setting is needed that allows the host to be seen by all but only the participants seen by the host. This would cut down on a great deal of anxiety/distraction while still allowing for the teacher to monitor focus/engagement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When hyperlink is clicked in TEAMS, open web pages in Teams by default

When a resources is liked from a document (open in Teams), in an assignment, or in chat, it opens a browser outside of Teams. It would be very helpful for younger students to have anything clicked in Teams open in teams by default (the way it does when a website is pinned as a tab at the top of the page). Having ellipsis and choosing "open in browser" "open in SharePoint" as currently exists in assignments is nice, but opening in TEAMS by default would help our younger learners stay focused.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Personal Notebook to save resources, links for personal use or future planning.

Getting a personal space within Microsoft work area to save links, resources, ideas for further use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Break-out rooms functionality

Break-out rooms functionality requires corrections/enhancements:
    a) More than 3 break-out teams cannot be launched at a time.
    b) While break-out teams are in meeting and teacher 'resumes' one or two meetings, there is confusion - in which break-out room the teacher is in. Display has to show clearly in BO room teacher is in.
    c) When you 'hang up' break-out rooms, transition to main room is not smooth - quite often it is clumsy.
    d) After break-out rooms are 'hang up' and joins the main room, download attendance option does not work properly. Does not download any name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add a personal call option

We should have a personal call option in teams,in which we will be able to call other people persnoly,we just have to type the persons name,then press call and the that's it

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Who cured their depression by working?

I just try to cure my depression
    Will a new job help me?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When submitting an assignment have a feature that allows the student to add notes or comments so that there is better communication.

When submitting an assignment students should have a comment box to allow them to justify what they are submitting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. assignments and grades are common for all teachers of the virtual class and they can view and edit grades for other teachers

assignments didn't applied on private channel in a virtual class containing all subjects that student study.

assignments and grades are common for all teachers of the virtual class and they can view and edit grades for other teachers.

the following video explain the idea

https://youtu.be/Ck9bOU_J8vE

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. assignments and grades are common for all teachers of the virtual class and they can view and edit grades for other teachers

assignments didn't applied on private channel in a virtual class containing all subjects that student study.

assignments and grades are common for all teachers of the virtual class and they can view and edit grades for other teachers.

the following video explain the idea

https://youtu.be/Ck9bOU_J8vE

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like to have the function as a host to mirror my ipad to the Team Meeting like the function Zoom provides

I would to mirror my ipad to the Team Meeting because I don't have a touch screen computer and how could I write on the computer without a writing pad... I use ipad in Zoom and it works perfectly but it seems that I have to buy like "reflector" to get it to work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft team interface will hide the contain which is so much disappointed whenever my hand goes to the phone sensor phone screen turn off

Microsoft team interface will hide the contain which is so much disappointed whenever my hand goes to the phone sensor phone screen turn off

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. No. Of participants in a virtual classroom

We have around 150 students per class in medical college. Some have around 300 in public sector. Can we create a virtual classroom for that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LMS integration (Moodle, ...)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I should able see the any participant video in full screen. Full screen video of any one participant option should be made available.

If I want to see a incoming video in full screen of any member then the option ahould be made available for the user. It is actially required for online education. Display of 9 video in a single screen resulted in a very small display of teacher video and students do not able to see the contents properly. Therefore an option should be there to turn any participants video to full screen, so that video of teacher end are properly visible to students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to delete chat/conversation history

We should be able to delete all history at one time or individually. The only two options currently available are to leave a chat and to hide...and even with the hiding it has to be done one at a time!!! so painful!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Explore Discord for improvements.

A Discord feature right click on a participant and increase/decrease participant's voice volume. this helps for loud talkers or soft talkers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base