Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Collapsibility of pages in Class Notebook

Is teams ever going to allow the user to collapse page lists in the class-notebook like you can in the desktop View?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. team upload problem

I can't upload my doc. wait for long time show me it have some problem. what can i do?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. chat with the tutors but our frieds can¨t see our conversations with te tutors

chat with the tutors but our frieds can¨t see our conversations with the tutors so bye

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. oof

oof

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Configurar estado disponible permanente

Ver en el menú de configuración la opción de disponibilidad aunque no se esté viendo en el momento. Ya que tenemos dispositivos móviles.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Better full screen!

It would be great if students could click the full screen button from an assignment. Teachers click the fullscreen button and the document opens in Word Online. This would be best for students too since they are working on smaller screen devices like HP Streams.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Assignment Grades

It seems like if a teacher puts an assignment in with "No Late Turn In Accepted"...the assignment disappears from the students calendar. Students should still be able to see the assignment even if it doesn't let them turn it in. That way they can review...or see what they missed.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restrict GIFs

We need the ability to disable GIFs in some public chats. They are often not conducive to professional discussions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. it won`t let me make a team

can we have mail back i like it better >:l

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Show content of messages in email notifications

Current notifications say: "You're missing all the action in Microsoft Teams. XYZ has sent a new message to your chat with... Open Microsoft Teams"

As I do not have Teams open all the time and prefer to keep it that way, I have to log in to Teams just to check whether the message is important or not.

If the email notification contained the message - as done in Slack - I would be able to decide about its importance without logging in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. move threads

As owner move a thread that doesn't belong in the current channel to another. As owner I only have the ability to delete a message that another user submits. I understand maybe this could be abused but as a Team owner I can clean up and monitor the channels for accurate messages/threads.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ik heb een idee

Het is een goed idee

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add "Create group" feature

It would be great that if we can group people. Right now my organization has different teams. And we work very closely with each other. If we can create group of contacts such as "CMS team", "LMS team" etc, it would be easier to find contacts.

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Deploy/Push a tab to all channels for a team

I have a team with multiple channels. I am currently using one planner for the entire Team/Group to assign work that will be addressed via separate channels and private conversations. I would like to be able to push or deploy a tab, in this case a Planner tab, to all existing and new channels that are spun up on my team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to be able to rename my classes (the ones from seemis).

I would like to be able to re-name my classes (the ones from seemis). Currently they just revert back when I try to change them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Dashboard for Teams

Can we have the ability to see how many people have seen a channel message? Also we cannot currently pull data on a per team basis so we cannot tell how teams are performing e.g. number of comments made in a particular team- is this functionality you're planning on adding in?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Upload Assignment Files Larger Than 50Mb

Our Music Tech class wants to use Assignments but we can't upload our videos as they all much larger than 50Mb. Most of our videos are at least 500Mb. Would it be possible to increase the maximum file size? Thanks :)

372 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Justin Chando responded

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We are planning to increase the limit for uploaded files in Assignments! I will be sure to update you all as this feature progresses.

20. Add a Hotkey for "Reply to Last Thread"

R will currently reply to highlighted thread, however you have to click on a thread and hit R to reply to it.

I'd like to be able to reply to last thread without having to use the mouse.

Alt + R seems to be the most sensible option as it's currently unused, Alt is already used as a commend prefix and R is used for reply already.

It's annoying having to click Reply or unfocus the compose box to reply to the last thread. I think this would be a good UX change for Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base