Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Alert students of feedback when assignment is graded.

Students need an alert telling them, or a direct link to graded assignments so they are prompted to read feedback given by a teacher. As it stands. Teachers can put feedback but students have no prompt to read that information or even know that an assignment has been graded.

257 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make the login process much more robust

I have to log in every time I open my computer. This is annoying, slow and completely inefficient. No other programs (google drive, OneNote etc.) require such excessive logging in. I won't be recommending this program for my next team activity.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Notifications auto enabled/disabled on a schedule.

We use teams in our business environment, it would be really helpful to be able to setup Active Hours on the teams mobile Client. This way alerts listening/mutes can be automated based on a schedule set by the individual users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. MSI Installer

Please create an MSI installer package so we can deploy easily with Intune.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Give students the possibilty to reenter their assignment after the teacher gives his feedback

Give students the possibilty to reenter their assignment after the teacher gives his feedback

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have conversations centred around folder

We would love to be able to have a conversation around a folder (just like we would do with a document). This would allow us to discuss multiple documents (e.g. meeting docos) in one spot, contained to that folder. we can kind of mimic that now by getting the teams folder link - but it is ugly and that is only visible from the conversations tab, so you have to open the link to the folder and flip back and forth to have the conversation and look through the link.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integra

Integrate Outlook into Teams

I live in teams, and it's frustrating to have to switch between Teams and Outlook - my two biggest time sinks. It would be great if they were integrated in to one single platform...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Chat Notifications should not display an alert (a red circle) when meetings are ended, only for active and unread chat messages.

I get multiple notifications over the next 24 hours after a meeting - a red circle on Teams saying, 'Someone is chatting with you!' When I go into Teams, I see the notification that yesterdays meeting has ended. This should not be an active notification that pulls me away from other work, I don't need to be alerted about an ended meeting.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add links to each post.

It would be nice to be able to have a link to posts (just like there are links to specific Teams) so we can share them with colleagues.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Grading assignments Alert

Teachers and students are having a hard time with grading assignments in teams. For the teacher once the assignment is posted they cannot go back and make additions or regrade an assignment. On the student side they are unable to make corrections to an assignment once the post grade button is clicked and there is no alert to tell them that they have received a grade. For better flow if there was a post button that allowed teachers to post the scores of the work as it comes in so the students can see their grade in real time, then…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. group and individual chats on same tab

rather than having group chat channels and private chats on separate tabs, put them on 1 tab (like you can in Slack - both channels and direct messages in the left on the main screen).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Merging conversations in Teams

As a Team Owner, I would like to be able to merge conversations. I see too many people start a new conversation when they should be replying to an existing one. Over time, they end up becoming fragmented.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. There should be a Music icon for the Class Theme

There should be a Music icon for the Class Theme

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mute Student conversation for certain time period

Mute student conversation for a certain time period for example from 3pm to 8:30am. This would ensure students are not chatting to each other out of school hours. (Mainly for Primary students).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Error 401 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

"You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied."

Whenever trying to access the planner app within my team channel, I get this error notification. What can be done to get the access?
    I have the same license as my team members, though I am the only that experiences this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add student comment area when turning in an assignment

add student comment area when turning in an assignment

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Do Not Disturb

You should be able to set a 'Do Not Disturb' mode for certain conversations, teams or even the whole app - it gets annoying when you reply to a team conversation and start getting constant notifications.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Disable "add a team" function for student accounts

Is it possible to disable the "add team" function for student accounts? Teachers are reporting problems with students creating Teams, adding other students and using it for non-school related activities.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)