Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. assignments and grades are common for all teachers of the virtual class and they can view and edit grades for other teachers

assignments didn't applied on private channel in a virtual class containing all subjects that student study.

assignments and grades are common for all teachers of the virtual class and they can view and edit grades for other teachers.

the following video explain the idea

https://youtu.be/Ck9bOU_J8vE

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I would like to have the function as a host to mirror my ipad to the Team Meeting like the function Zoom provides

I would to mirror my ipad to the Team Meeting because I don't have a touch screen computer and how could I write on the computer without a writing pad... I use ipad in Zoom and it works perfectly but it seems that I have to buy like "reflector" to get it to work

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft team interface will hide the contain which is so much disappointed whenever my hand goes to the phone sensor phone screen turn off

Microsoft team interface will hide the contain which is so much disappointed whenever my hand goes to the phone sensor phone screen turn off

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No. Of participants in a virtual classroom

We have around 150 students per class in medical college. Some have around 300 in public sector. Can we create a virtual classroom for that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LMS integration (Moodle, ...)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I should able see the any participant video in full screen. Full screen video of any one participant option should be made available.

If I want to see a incoming video in full screen of any member then the option ahould be made available for the user. It is actially required for online education. Display of 9 video in a single screen resulted in a very small display of teacher video and students do not able to see the contents properly. Therefore an option should be there to turn any participants video to full screen, so that video of teacher end are properly visible to students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to delete chat/conversation history

We should be able to delete all history at one time or individually. The only two options currently available are to leave a chat and to hide...and even with the hiding it has to be done one at a time!!! so painful!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Explore Discord for improvements.

A Discord feature right click on a participant and increase/decrease participant's voice volume. this helps for loud talkers or soft talkers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. need to add the ability to switch between multiple teams... Bring what you did to the moble to desktop!!

have multiple children who all use the same platform and device for their education. As a parent the ability to constantly be informed with both classes is vitally important... the mobile app feature multiple accounts solved some of the problems but need the same level of flexibility in the online platform to facilitate virtual education.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to be able to cancel future meetings in a series without deleting previous meetings.

Cancel future repeats of meeting after term is over without deleting previous meetings. This would let students find the previous meetings' chat and links.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tasks app

I've added items to To Do Tasks by dragging emails in Outlook online (works well, thanks). I can read the emails in the tasks while I'm in Outlook. When I'm in the new Teams task app, I see these items in my Tasks and it tells me there is an attachment (the email message), but I can not view the email text while I'm in Teams. I would like to see the email text without leaving Teams and having to go back to Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Tasks app

I've added items to To Do Tasks by dragging emails in Outlook online (works well, thanks). I can read the emails in the tasks while I'm in Outlook. When I'm in the new Teams task app, I see these items in my Tasks and it tells me there is an attachment (the email message), but I can not view the email text while I'm in Teams. I would like to see the email text without leaving Teams and having to go back to Outlook.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The organizer should have control over her/ his class: mute participants facility, chat controls, recording controls, screen controls.

The organizer should have control over her/ his class: mute participants facility, chat controls, recording controls, screen controls and it should be more user friendly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Additional chat features

I’m considering moving my friends to discord as teams chat seems like a worsened version of it. However, that would be tedious and I want to keep using teams for convenience. Here are some features to add/re-add:
    * Bring back gifs.
    * Bring back YouTube video attachments.
    * Better iOS mobile support.
    * Chat owners that can temporarily or permanently kick, mute or restrict permissions of users.
    * Interactive Chat bots with easy programming.
    * View hidden chats and add chat categories.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. if teacher could speak to just 1 student during meeting.

if teacher could speak to just 1-2 student during meeting. For instance if a SPED teacher could "push in" to another teachers meeting and assist 1-2 students during the lesson.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In a Teams call, allow the hovering bar to be moved or minimized. It blocks things like captions.

In a Teams call, allow the hovering bar to be moved or minimized. It blocks things like captions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It's annoying you have to double click the video to get rid of the controls (which I hardly ever use btw). Not even one click gets rid of it

It's annoying you have to double click the video to get rid of the controls (which I hardly ever use btw). Not even one click gets rid of it, or moving the cursor off the video

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add TAGS to meeting attendees

groups of members, as defined in Tags, should be able to be added as meeting attendees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for color differentiation in chats by changing Chat bubble Colors of the user. and have Chat tab correspond to that color s well

Would be cool if you could make chat bubbles a selection of colors so you can easier differentiate which chat youre in. It's very easy to forget or not notice you havent changed chats and are in the wrong one, but having a more visible cue can help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base