Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. calendar

the calendar should change form and appear in a more effective and more creative way ; it may have a form similar to the desktop PCs and laptops. it should contain only the meetings and calls of the active courses and classes, not the meetings and calls that have been cancelled.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. calendar

calendar should change form and become more efficient, so that students and teachers do not get lost. only courses, seminars etc that take place should appear on the calendar. the cancelled events, courses, seminars etc should be deleted permanently and disappear forever.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Delete cancelled meetings from student calendar

Some of our students are going into cancelled meetings to meet with their friends outside of school hours. We have had reports of incidents of bullying and other unacceptable behavior during these unauthorized meetings.
    We need a way to remove the old meetings from their calendar. Cancelling the meetings just removes them from the organizer’s calendar. For everyone else, if they don’t remove the item, those links remain active and useable

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Seria de gran ayuda, que las reuniones se eliminen automáticamente al cambiar de grupo.

Seria de gran ayuda, que al cambiar de sección (Equipo) a un estudiante y pasar a otro nuevo, se borre de su calendario las reuniones y no se queden grabados para que el alumno borre uno a uno.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Notifications- for calendar events and tasks/planner items

Teams has a calendar but you cannot set it to be notified of an upcoming event like you can with outlook (on pc). Teams also has Tasks by Planner and To Do but again, you don't get any notifications of when an item is due. It would be great to get pop up notifications like in the to do app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Having an option to have user appointments showing across all teams to show own availability

It would be a good idea to have users' appointments show across all the various team's calendars - visible only to the user when necessary. Ideally it could be toggled on/off as necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. copy & paste calendar meeting

I'd like to be able to copy and paste a meeting (start and end time, title, etc.) on the calendar, so that I can just edit one or two things and it's ready to go for a different class, without having to RECREATE an entire new meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allowing everyone to personalize their own Microsoft Teams calendar

If you allowed everyone to customize their own calendar so that it doesn't just have meeting on it, I think it would help people like me with trouble organizing our work.

You can contact me about this feedback on https://outlook.com (not a link)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide a badic calendar feature for all

Hi , our school admin has chosen the feature where we do not get access to calendar on teams , but it would be great if you can also give the option of atleast a basic calendar which shows us scheduled meetings and lets us join them . It is ok if we do not have scheduling access, fine but atleast provide this . Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams Scheduling Assistant zoom in/out feature (Outlook Schedule Assistant has this)

For Teams, there's no +/- button to zoom in and out of the page to see a whole week's worth of meetings in scheduling assistant. I can press ctrl+/- but the graphics lose clarity. There is a button in the Outlook Scheduling Assistant, and I don't lose clarity in graphics.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Month view and search option in Calendar

Hello. It really is wonderful to use Teams in the present situation. It is very easy to schedule meetings, track the student activity and check lecture attendance.

It would be a good idea if the Calendar can have:
    1) a search option to find a meeting
    2) a "month view" to see which lectures have been scheduled when and by whom.

This could help us get lecture info at a glance.

Thanks for the awesome work you are doing!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Being able to move between team calendar and chat etc

Currently if a chat holds information for a meeting you are unable to go back to chat whilst setting up a meeting in teams without having to start all over again. It would be good it it could be opened in a new window, allowing access

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need to have information at a glance

I need an icon on my TEAM's calendar posts that will let me know, at a glance, which meeting is a TEAM meeting and which is not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. appointments scheduled in outlook for teams meetings

when an appointment is scheduled in outlook for a teams meeting and files are attached to the invitation, the attendees cannot get to the attached file from the link on their teams calendar. Can this feature be added so that meeting attendees can see attached files from the teams app? The only way to see them now is to go into outlook and open the appt.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. bonjour, comme professeur je voudrais pouvoir copier coller une réunion en gardant toutes ses caractéristiques et consignes à une autre date

pouvoir le faire directement depuis le calendrier puis accéder à des modifications si nécessaire

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Having the option not to send an update when you edit an event

When I schedule an event/meeting, more info often comes in after scheduling it. This means that multiple emails get sent to those participating and I would rather be able to control just how many emails notifications they are receiving. Is this already a feature? Thank you!!!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. For any meetings that get added to the calendar (Teams, Bookings, etc.) please add a feature if video is requested.

For those times when you're meeting with a student, client, customer, coworker you aren't familiar with or don't know what their expectations are, it would be nice if meeting invites or calendar events had a checkbox or field to select whether they are requesting video to be on or if it's just an audio meeting.

I suppose this mostly applies to Teams calls, but for instance, a student requested a Bookings appointment with me for the first time. Typically we don't do video calls with students, but we are just starting to use Bookings and with Teams the audio/video options…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. make it easier to scroll through the calander on a laptop

this is because when you have a concentrated portion of the day, it is difficult to navigate through it on a laptop. there is no mouse and I use my two fingers to scroll however it moves far to fast so I am unable to move it to the section of the day in which I am interested in.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 24 25
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base