Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide Individual View to Students in Insights

It would be beneficial for students to see their own activity inside insights, like number of posts, replies, when they are active in communication because they are often graded for this participation and engagement. Without this visibility it puts the onus on the instructors to share this information, which is extremely manual through Excel exports.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calculate tardiness in insights

So far Insights is a beast obtaining detailed information, but that only happens on the Interface inside teams. When you export to excel, the great majority of all that beaut of data doesn't get pulled by the export, and one of those important indicators that I'm dying to get a hold on is the student tardiness in class oooor the actual digital presence in the meetings.

So far when you export to excel the attendance is shown with a bunch of letter V's on the days the student was active and by that I mean any type of digital activity…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. bulk download attendance reports

Good job on upcoming changes to Insights. They will prove helpful!

I'd like to bulk-download attendance reports for meetings in my channel.

This would be a great enhancement so I can do my own data mining. :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Student name search

Frequently asked how a particular student is engaging and whilst insights helps is there a way to search a student name and get a list of assignments that have been not viewed, viewed and handed in but also handed in with no attached work. Students regularly hand in to make assignments disappear without actually submitting work. If a % engagement and a % of work submitted can be generated too this will help when writing results/reports about their online learning over all.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Change your profile picture

Change your profile picture

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Insites

I was using Incites on Teams to keep track of the time students spend on assignments I give them. It becomes difficult to see the actual activity students spend on assignments with out having to go through all the days and find the time on the "time tracker" portion of Incites.

On the drop down menu "All Activities" would there be a way to choose a specific assignment so I don't have to spend hours trying to track students time spent on assignments? At present it only gives you assignments in general to look at. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Class Teams digital activity download

School will like to see student activities weekly/monthly and keep track of it. Is there any way to automate and download it? Right now owner/teachers have ability to download digital activity reports from MS Insights app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Integrate Forms that you assign to 'My groups' into insights

Add information from Forms that you add to your groups into insights for tracking student activity without it being uploaded as an assignment. For example, if you want a quick 4 question AfL quiz adding it to your group via forms during the lesson and giving the link in chat is much faster than setting it as an assignment but can't currently be analysed in insights to see who engaged at the time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hide phone number in profile

I feel unsafe with the fact that my personal number is easily accessible on my profile on Teams. I've had friends who were contacted by random people with this reason. Really appreciate if there was a feature to hide my number or even just not have it displayed at all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Downloading attendees of meetings for each Live Lesson within a day

When downloading the attendees of a meeting from Insight the following day (we wait 24 hours to allow it to upload), the register of attendees can not currently be split in to am and pm sessions, from what we can see, despite the Live Lessons being set up by different members of staff on different channels within the Team group. It would be hugely beneficial if, when we went on to Insights within the appropriate channel, we only saw the attendees of the meeting on that particular channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. School Leaders Insight Data

It would be useful to easily be able to report on student engagement being able to filter down based on large groups or Teams.
    For example we have Year Teams setup to send information out to students however these are not used for assignments. It would be useful for school leaders if you could use these Year Teams or whole school to gain insights into student engagement.
    The whole school insight has very limited data.
    The information that is useful for school is:-

• How many assignments pupils have had

• How many meetings each pupil has attended or missed

• If pupils…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Let us upload Insight onto the main channel - showing it in the subchannels

Let us upload Insight onto the main channel - then continue showing it in the subchannels

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. insights

Let insights show if a student is muting other students or kicks other ss out of break-out rooms.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Assignments not handed in

In the previous version, we could see more analysis on who had not handed in assignments or % of assignments late or outstanding with a list of names of students in these categories.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Insights in iPad app please :)

Currently the tab is only available on the Teams desktop app and browser version, not on Pad/Phone app . As a school that deploys iPads to teaching staff, this is a feature that is invaluable for staff. It would be great if this could be added to iPad app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Insights on the iPad

How do I add insights to my teams when the only device I have available is an iPad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. ALLOW ONLY THE TEACHER TO VIEW US VIA CAMERA AND NOT OTHER STUDENTS AS WELL!!!

As a student I personally hate turning on my camera during class! Due to the pandemic it is quite necessary especially during tests. But I would be completely okay with having just my lecturer being able too see me. So please Microsoft!!!!! Make this happen..online learning is the future so why not make us feel more comfortable! Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Breakout Rooms

In the TEAMS meetings, can you please make it that for the breakout rooms, the names are alphabetized, then it would be a lot easier when assigning group. Thank you!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)