Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Tile view in folders

The ability to default the file view to a tile. In the app and online.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It is extremely restrictive not being able to post files to multiple channels. I also need the ability to delete member posts as an owner.

Give the ability to share files across multiple channels and allow Owners to delete posts from other owners and members

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add all features that are available on YouTube except perhaps the subtitles in the MS teams video player.

Most of the part of the recorded lectures are easily understood. By adding a 5s skip option I can complete revisiting my lectures at a faster pace. Also, some professors teach very slowly. If there is a option to play the video at a faster speed (x1.25 or x1.5), I can finish the lectures fast.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. make it easier to create links to existing files in other Teams

When clicking on the paper clip icon for attachments in a channel conversation, as a user I would like to be able to add a link rather than a copy of the file. The purpose of working on shared files is to avoid duplicates!
    As an example, a colleague and I are having a conversation in one Team channel about a document that both of us have access to in another Team. Having recently worked on the file, it appears in my recent list, but if I attach it, I only get the option to upload a copy. By default,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. bring back the automatic loading of a recoding to Stream.

In the spring all recordings were automatically loaded to Stream now need to download locally and then upload

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Non-Editable Files

In the Files tab, there should be a way to create non-editable folders other than the original Class Materials folder. If that folder is deleted, there is not a way to create another non-editable folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make the download of files from the windows app as fast as that from the browser.

When I download my team files from the windows app, it is very slow and unstable.
    When I download them from chrome browser, it is very fast.
    Please make it fast in the windows app as well.

Also, please add a download progress to check within the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. delete all files BUTTON!

delete all files because i can't get rid of old files from last year

PLS AD THIS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. **** of

of u ********* 🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕🖕

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make it easy to zoom in with the mousepad instead of having to press and choose zoom 50-175% PLEASE. THANKS!

ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO ZOOM IN ON DOCUMENTS WITH THE MOUSEPAD? Please make it avalible to zoom with 2 fingers on the mousepad instead of having to press and click on 50-175%. THANKS?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As aulas da faculdade estão sendo feitas por uma reunião do Teams, mas agira não é mais possível ter acesso a elas offline, ou seja, por dow

As aulas da faculdade estão acontecendo por reunião do Teams, mas agora não é mais possível fazer o download para assistir offline, o que prejudica meus estudos, já que muita coisa tenho deixado para anotar depois. Era muito melhor quando podíamos baixar o arquivo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. After watching video, when I click back, it goes back to main file. It is very inconvenience because I want it back to folders.

After watching a video in a folder, when I click back, It goes back to main file. Then I need to click folders and folders again to get back to the folder I want to watch video. Please fix that problem.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add weblinks in the "class materials" folder (articles, videos, etc).

It would be very useful to be able to upload more than just files to the class materials folder (especially weblinks)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. accessing files

How can I access files from an actual meeting? Right now, I have to minimize the meeting, go to my calendar, click on the meeting, and access the files that way. Why can't I access them from inside the meeting?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Tranport any downloaded files and recorded meeting in another channel if the main one is deleted

This year, my classmates decided to suggest that it's better to record the meeting to recall information, so one day we had chemistry, the meeting was indeed recorded, but I forgot to download it, then our principle deleted every channel except for the general one, I would appreciate it if you give the option to where to put the files and recorded meetings when trying to delete a channel
    Thank you 💜

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to schedule class materials for a future time.

Just like you are able to schedule assignments, being able to schedule a post of class materials would be very useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Move files into folders within iPad

In Teams for iPad I am unable to move a file into a folder. It appears to me, that I cannot copy a file either even though copy appears as an option. I do not want to be stuck to my desk. I want to roam the classroom. The iPad allows me the flexibility. Teams does not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. recall One Note pages

There needs to be a way to recall One Note pages as easily as distributing them. When I delete an assignment, I want it to automatically delete any One Note pages that were distributed with the assignment. Or, if I distribute a page to the Class Notebook, there should be an easy way to recall pages from student notebooks. Distributing pages in only a couple of clicks, but there is not option to recall or remove pages without going in to each students' notebook and deleting the pages manually. That is a huge amount of time with 150 student notebooks.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow app shortcuts in teams

Allow app shortcuts to forms without needing a specific completed form. this should be along the top in teams, files tab.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base