Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Idea. Should be able to put a link to a file in the "Comments" section within a task. When I drop a url to a file, it doesn't create a live

Idea. Should be able to put a link to a file in the "Comments" section within a task. When I drop a url to a file, it doesn't create a live link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification on file upload.

Hello,
    In our school, they upload class notes and presentations almost every day. Our teachers may forget to notify us that these have been uploaded as they have to handle so many grades of students. We may even miss notes some times. Therefore, I request you to add a feature in which both students and teachers can be notified when a file gets uploaded in a certain channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preview Facility in MS Forms Upload file option

When we connect MS Forms with MS Teams to collect survey, feedback or any kind of submission from students wherein students upload their files (doc, pdf, excel, etc.) a preview facility will be helpful after file upload action. It will help students to ensure that they have uploaded the correct document/file before actually doing the final submission on MS Forms. At present MS Forms has no preview Facility given with File upload option.

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

39 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teacher only files

I want to be able to add files or class materials that students CANNOT see. Then move to a section they can see when it is time - great for preparing classes. Already a thing in One Note!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add an option to always open documents in desktop app

By default Teams opens all word/excel/powerpoint documents using the embedded editor within Teams. The thing is these embedded editors are quite unstable and tend to break things if someone is editing with the desktop app at the same time. For this reason we never use the embedded editors and always use the desktop apps.

It would be so much better if there was an option to make this the default thing whenever I open a document, rather than having to first open in the Teams embedded editor and then click on the "Open in desktop app" button, especially since the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. BUG - Microsoft Teams frontend wrong date of a file in files section

In the file section of a Team the date displaying in the details of a file is backdated. When the file is created one day afterwards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. progress bar

Add progress bar when downloading files. I want to download all of my lecture recordings because, opening on teams is very slow. I have to download 6 GB of file without knowing when will it finish...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Concerns regarding ownership and downloading of a video

As students of the university, we cannot download our recorded video lectures from the channel, as the only owner can download it unless the instructor makes us owner (which teachers don't prefer as students can potentially delete them, and loss of data)
    so we suggest, students can have access to download lectures but not delete them. Highly Needed, waiting from last bench of the class.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please provide download progress bar similar to upload bar

Please provide a download progress bar similar to the upload progress bar. we are ending up in downloading the same file again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Addition of a speed feature (alike youtube) in MS TEAMS for videos.

The recorded lectures uploaded in class materials are sometimes quite slow , so the speed feature could help us cover it fast . And even for the moments when one revises the chapters , the speed feature can help , watching the video at 1.25x or 1.5x speed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please, allow to set the order of files attached to an assignment.

If students attach 2 or more files to their assignment when turning in it, there's no way to set the order of them. It is set by default to the time of submission. When I, as a teacher, want to review those files, I cannot change it to be in alphabetical order, much more logical, or any other order.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow files to be read only in any channel

Please allow files and folders uploaded to be made read-only in all channels, not just the general channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create a shortcut so a file can live in more than one folder

It would be awesome if files in Teams could live in 2 places and sync with each other. For instance, a file I create pertains to content in both folder a & folder b. Allow that document to be seen and edited from either place and synced across both.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. show the file path in Teams when you search for a document

When you search for a document, it would be helpful to see the file path somewhere so you can find it directly the next time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bold teams when files added

When other people talk in the channel of a team, it shows up in bold on the teams selection panel. I'd like this same behaviour to happen when files are added in the files tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. files

users should be able to delete permanently files they don't need anymore from the list of downloaded files.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 32 33
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base