Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. @Everyone

Sometimes you just wanna @ everyone in a chat for an important message, but @everyone would allow you to do that

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group Chat Improvements

1. Ability to change group chat icon so that educators can add school logo.

2. Ability to pin group chat to the top for mobile phones as well currently its available only for desktop apps.

3. Ability to pin specific message to the top in a group chat.

4. Ability to see the names of members who have seen the specific message in a group so that it becomes really handy for educators to know whether their messages have been seen by students or not.

5. More control to the Group Message admin so that they can allow / disable members to send message at…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create a "send later" feature in the conversations and chat sections on Teams. Limit posting late at night/ weekends for teachers & students

Create a "send later" feature in the conversations and chat sections on Teams. Limit posting late at night/ weekends for teachers & students. This will allow the message to be created in the individuals own time without interrupting personal hours at home of a staff or student.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Hide and Block Settings

Please make it so that you can block someone from your school. I can't block anyone from my school and I think this is really bad news because the person I want to block is not nice and not mature. Please for the sake of your userbase make it so that you can block anyone if you want. That's what I think will be a good update. I know there's already a option that you can block anyone but in my Microsoft team I can't block anyone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please make an option to expand and collapse all groups in the contact list at once

Please make an option to expand and collapse all groups in the contact list at once

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable view of online team members

Give users the ability to filter the list of Team members (shown by clicking the i on the right) so only online users are listed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. a re-like should not be notified to others

if one person takes back a like (for a comment), and then a re-like should not be notified to others. or at all.. this happens accidentally sometimes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Made "send later" button available for team's chat and post.

Since the Microsoft Outlook has the "send later" button for the emails that we wish to send at a specific time, I wish the team's message and post could be schedule just like the email.

I understand that the chat is not supposed to be complicated to have "send later" since it's meant for the instant engagement. However, sometimes an idea sparks late at night and I wish to message my team about it. Instead of sending the message at that time with the first like "NOT URGENT. Just check later" or having to note those idea somewhere else, I…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Supervised Chat - non-restricted users should only be able to delete chats for restricted users

For supervised chat, non-restricted users should only be able to delete chats for those in the restricted group. OR there needs to be another solution that would give more control over specific content that is able to be deleted.

The concern is such that if non-restricted users can just delete chats for anyone, this would allow employees to delete chats in times when they shouldn't. Example of this would be employee deleting directives/messages from a manager. Even this ability being there would affect the confidence that management would have on teams messaging being a valid tool for communicating to their…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add more reactions such as YES or NO

I think it would be really helpful for teachers to allow students to choose a YES or NO reaction. It would be better if a tally could be seen by the teacher to this reaction. This would be beneficial as many teachers ask questions like, ''Does everyone understand this?'', ''Shall we move on?'' or '' Do you agree with this?'' and for the teacher to have the general idea of how the class feels to these questions, a yes or no reaction will be great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. New messaging Feature

A cool feature would be when a student asks a question they can be an option to say that you have the same question so just like the thumbs up feature you can see which students have the same question.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Emphasize button added to react to a message that you receive from someone

Emphasize button to react to an individuals message or chat to you or in a group

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. to add persnal chats and breakout rooms

you should add personal chats and personal rooms that the host controls which can be used for group disscusssions and be easier to be share personally which also has a feature for inviting people

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications not recieving on PC, when I am seeing them on my phone!

I don't need to see notifications or messages recieved when I am checking them on my phone.
    There is a setting for the vice-versa of this, i.e. when message is recieved, and I'm active on desktop, mobile won't get the notification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. in addition to different skin tones also include male pattern balding

option to change haircut from default to include bald on emojis

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The Auto Emoji

The Auto Emoji feature should have a feature in settings where you can turn it off, not a lot of people like them and have to find other ways to go around them. Personally I use a space between, like so : ) or (: if it doesn't fit the conversation.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Parental controls with Chat under Teams

Provide an option for parents to control/set the chat time with other students. (I.e, daily time limits, daily times chat is available to communicate with other student, without impacting the availability for a student and teach to chat).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Create a schedule send feature in MS Teams

As an MS Teams User (who is part of an organization),
    I want to be able to send a message now, but have it delivered later, so that I don't have to risk forgetting to send the message later, and the receiver(s) of my message get it at the time they need it, instead of sooner, which increases the risk of them forgetting or having that messages pushed out of sight due to other messages being sent.

This feature is already available on some instant messaging platforms, and most email clients, including MS Outlook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I am an Owner/Teacher. I post directions for, and start a meeting .Allow me to edit my post during and or after the meeting

I am an Owner/Teacher. I post directions for, and start a meeting . Allow me to edit my post during and or after the meeting. I want the option to edit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unblock my chats i did nothing to get them blocked

My chats got blocked I'm a student how the **** can I get ahold of teachers now unblock my ****

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 71 72
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base