Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sub-sections in ClassNotebook

Please can you look into setting up sub-sections for ClassNotebook to make it easier to manage student work?
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prevent Class Notebook Page / Section Deletion

Please offer an option to prevent the accidental deletion of any class notebook content and the option to restore deleted student pages or sections. Currently if a student deletes their notebook pages they are permanently lost

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Commercially, I'll use my very own meeting combined.

My idea is commercial websites that I can combine, descript and build websites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hide OneNote page after the assignment is submitted

In order for my students to show their mathematical calculations Homework assignments, tests and quizzes are distributed through OneNote. I would like an option for the page to be hidden (not locked) once an assignment is submitted. I teach several periods of the same course, if the page is still visible other students can view the test throughout the day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I'd like to distribute a page. Then when students turn in the page is either hidden from them or pulled and placed in the Teacher Only Secti

I'd like to distribute a page. Then when students turn in the page is either hidden from them or pulled and placed in the Teacher Only Section.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Integrate ToDo/Planner with OneNote

If you look for example at Dropbox Paper, they did something great...You have the ingredients but they are not yet well interconnected. The idea is that you can define tasks (with checkboxes) in many different notebooks and pages, but they will be automatically scanned and referred in your ToDo list at a global level.
    The big problem with groups, channels and notebooks, is that, after a while, you won't find back important things to remember. With the cross-discovery of tasks/checkboxes in your notebooks and centralization of the global list, you will never forget something, even if it is hidden deep…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can you delay handouts being accessible to students?

When I publish handouts in a Classnote book, they instantly become available for students. Could you put an access or live button or something which you can activate once you've done teaching/discussions? It would stop students rushing a head. If I distribute the page (when I want them to see it) it can take a long time to load.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Work not being uploaded

Things are not uploaded from phone in one note notebook.. We should be informed if the pdf uploaded is visible to the teachers or not as marks are deducted for the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add a set of backgrounds for Class Notebook pages in Teams - lined, squared, grid, handwriting guidelines...

Add a set of backgrounds for Class Notebook pages - lined, squared, handwriting line guides... I know that some of this is available in OneNote, but they don't carry over when pages are opened in Teams.
    This is a real opportunity for MS to gain traction in primary schools and move teachers over from the software the currently use on their interactive panels (e.g. Smart Notebook and ActivPrimary).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams and Class Notebook don't talk together properly.

Il faudrait qu'un bloc-note de classe formé à partir de TEAMS soit modifiable comme un bloc-note créé à partir de l'application Bloc-note de classe.

Au cours d'une année scolaire, les élèves s'inscrivent ou changent de cours à des moments différents dans l'année. Il serait bien de pouvoir ajouter/supprimer des élèves d'un bloc-note formé à partir de TEAMS, ce que je crois impossible (validé par l'un de vos Technicien collaborateur en ligne). Il est pourtant possible de le faire si le bloc-note a été créé directement dans Note-book de classe. Merci!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Generate parent link within Teams Manage Notebooks

Please make the Parent and Guardian link available in the Manage Notebooks menu within Class Teams. The Manage Notebook menu needs to function the same way inside Teams as it does in the Class Notebook app in Office 365. Teachers learning to use Teams are so very frustrated by having the same menu named the same thing and yet does not have the same features. Please make the menus the same or provide a link to one place for all Manage Notebook features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable copying section groups to Content Library during Teams class notebook setup

In lower grades we use a combined Class Team for multiple subjects, and they share the Class Notebook. To provide more scope and functionality we create a section group for each subject within the Content Library, but this is something that I'd love to make easier to set up rather than each teacher manually creating the section groups in their OneNote app. It's a lot of duplicated effort and not very efficient, while some staff are not confident or competent with setting this up independently.

I created a "template notebook" with section groups for each subject and sections for Terms…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to turn off quick math tool

Need to be able to turn off the quick math calculations so that students do not automatically see the answer for typed math before trying to do the calculations on their own. Most critical during tests. Turning off the Math tools in the class notebook does not turn of this calculation function to the detriment of student learning and assessment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. review student work

In addition to locking a page, a teacher should be able to block students from seeing the page as well. If a student needs more time to finish an assignment, but should not be able to work on it at home, this would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. lock page

I should be able to lock the individual pages of a student notebook without going through the review student work. And all pages that are locked should have a locked icon on them, not just next to the student name in the review student work list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Mac: being able to see attendees on one screen and Class Notebook on another screen

I would like to suggest an option that can keep 2 screens available and visible during the same time and using two monitors. When I am using Class Notebook, I cannot see all of my students. This is very unfortunate because I use Class Notebook for sharing some information and explanations. However, I cannot see my students in a separate window on a separate screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I can not see class notebook in an Android phone

Class notebook should be seen on a mobile also

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)