Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shared editing

Please make it so that I can create a document (PowerPoint, Word, etc.), put it in my Notebook, distribute it to students and then allow them to make the document theirs and edit it right there in Class Notebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete the student from the class notebook when deleting them from the team

Need to have student deleted from class notebook when deleting them from the team. They are added to the class notebook when they get added to the team. Only makes sense to have them deleted from the class notebook (or moved to lost section) when deleting them from the team.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. clear ink

I would like an option to clear all ink from a page. I use some assignments to work on with students and at the end of our session I have to erase all the ink by hand. It would be nice to have a clear all ink button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There should be a way to attach multiple class notebook pages to a single assignment.

Teachers should be able to place multiple class notebook pages into a single assignment. Sometimes teachers would like to distribute two related handouts on different class notebook pages to students through the notebook without bombarding them with an entirely separate assignment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring "Page Size" inside MS Teams Class Notebook

I usually ask students to export out their Class Notebook at the end of semester and submit it as a "workbook" however the current Class Notebook layout is open and the images and texts go everywhere!
    The only way to fix it is to open OneNote 2016 (even Windows 10 OneNote is lacking this feature) and adjust the page size in View section of OneNote 2016.
    This feature should be available on all versions of OneNote, either within Teams or on Windows 10 OneNote.
    Thanks

Hossein
    Art&Design Lecturer at AUT, New Zealand

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Zoom in function on class notebook

I would like that when students open class notebook in Teams that all the features of OneNote are available. Currently students using class notebook inside Teams cannot zoom in and out. This is essential. Thank you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. allow teams to insert a file printout from a file that is uploaded to the shared drive

allow teams to insert a file printout from a file that is uploaded to the shared drive

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. OneNote Class Notebook open attachments in Office 365

At the moment if a Word/Powerpoint/Excel etc document is attached to a Class Notebook page it will force the user to download it locally in order to view it.

It would be great if it gave the user the option to either open in Office 365 online or download - this would solve many issues where the user may not have office installed on their device.

Attached is what the user sees when trying to open a word .docx attachment from OneNote Class notebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Embedding PowerPoint in Class Notebook so it can be viewed

The ability to embed PowerPoint files into the Class notebook as currently you can embed the document but it doesn't show in the class notebook. It prompts to sign in to SharePoint but when I do you still can't view the PowerPoint in class notebook.

This works in MS teams web client so could it be made available in the class notebook section of a team,.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve Text Box & Provide an Undo Button in Class Notebook

Daily worksheets for each subject are loaded into the Class Notebook for the students to complete. However, students are running into a problem when they want to type the answer in the text box instead of drawing the answer. When students click into the text box and are typing, somehow it deletes the worksheet(s). There is no undo button under the draw tab in the Class Notebook. Please add one. Thanks. Consequently, since there is no undo button, the worksheet disappears and all the answers shift on the screen. There is no way for the student to correct this action.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cross-notebook sharing between Teams class tabs/folders to Content Library and Teacher Only

It would be great to share entire tabs/folders and/or pages between Teams class Content Library and Teacher Only tabs. Right now, it can only be sent cross-notebook into individual student folders. I teach multiple periods of the same subject, and it's very time consuming to copy and paste each page from one class to the other in Content Library.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. sorting students by lastname

It would make grading and giving feedback a lot easier, if you could implement sorting the students notebooks in a classnotebook by lastname to have the same sorting scheme in OneNote as in teams.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Read only / class materials section in One Note.

Because Teams and One Note are so integrated, I have started doing almost all of my teaching out of One Note. I use MSTeams for meetings only. It is hard to teach students how to go back and forth between the two. It would be helpful to have the class materials function that is in teams also available in one note.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Classnote book and onedrive

Integrate class note book with onedrive. I have tried to embrace classnote book but it only gives the option of uploading resources from my computer. Trying to use class-notebook from Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Multiple teams share the same notebook

I am a music teacher for a private school of approximately 200 students. It would be wonderful if all of my students and their staff members could all have access to the wonderful music work students have created throughout the school building... That said, each team does not support this many users. So if we were able to have one class notebook for multiple teams this would make our class easier to share throughout the school when it comes to music. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. hello microsoft

you {attendee} should be able to write in the class notebook, reminding you of when homework is due.
    i would also like to suggest the function of attendees being able to unmute WITHOUT a microphone.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can we please let OneNote Class Notebooks to be imported into a non-Class Team?

It seems that Class Notebooks can only be sued in Class Teams. And that existing Teams cannot be converted and saved as a Class Team before we can use Class Notebooks.
    So either easy enablement of Team conversion to Class Teams, or , ability to add OneNote Class Notebooks to normal team?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Share OneNote with more than one team

I would like to have a class notebook that can be be shared with multiple teams. My reasoning is that if I have created resources in the content section it would be great if this could be seen by all classes. Due to the size of my OneNote resources this is not possible at the moment so I am having to have all classes in one team with tags separating the groups.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. self marking assignments

ability to set self marking worksheets of link to teachermade (using apps)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base