Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. delete or hide assignments in students interface

it would be great if the past due assignments can be deleted by students assignment section once the team is archived or there should be a hide assignments option which kids can acess on their own to hide past due assignments pls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. to provide correction tools in the assignment along with the feedback textbox.

It will be easier for the teachers to correct the students work manually using the correction pen and identify the students mistakes and return their work apart from the feedback textbox. This will help the teachers to put tick and cross mark, underline mistakes in the students work and return it. The correction tools expected are the one like the draw, highlighter and eraser in the Microsoft Edge when opening a PDF.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Assignments

When Assignments are "submitted" by a student and also "returned" by the teacher, can TEAMS notify students and especially teachers please?

Also, it would be useful to be able to add a second text box for a 'resubmission' of assignments. Teachers would be able to see what was written when they returned an assignment and then be able to write another different message to the student for/after resubmission.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The latest "assignment" from the top, not from the bottom.

It would be very helpful to reuse ClassTeams for several years if "Assignments" could be viewed with the latest task on top instead of from the bottom. Studnets have to scroll down all the assignment ti get to the most recent one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable to mark assignments submitted by pupils MS using Apple Pencil on iPad

Using Apple Pencil on iPad to mark assignments submitted by pupils via TEAMS

It so messed up when it comes to annotate or mark students works as it cant be directly store in ipad and mark using apple pencil. Please do something to ease this burden. Many thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hide student work in assignments until it is returned.

I often am marking student work and get queries about it in real time, because they are able to go back into their submissions and see me marking it. I would like to have the option to block them from seeing their submissions until I return them to avoid a plague of chat messages asking why I've marked X in a certain way.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow teachers to call students directly from their assignment.

I like to call my students and talk through their work individually, sometimes marking it with them present. This is very hard to do when you have to exit the assignment, go to calls, call the student, then navigate back to the team and assignment and then their submission.

Having call and message buttons on their individual assignment submission pages would make this such a streamlined process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Create assignments in non-general channel(s)

I think that each new channel should have an assignment tab to cut out all of the extra steps of going back into general, creating the assignment and then having to assign it to the channel you started off in. It would streamline the process significantly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Assignment

It would be useful for teachers to be able to see whether a student's work was submitted on time on their grade sheet. For example, work that is submitted on time could be green and work which is submitted later could be orange.

Students are also able to turn in work without completing it. Is there a way teachers can indicate whether the work was submitted or not? The only option we have is to leave a comment and return work. Again, this is a useful piece of information for teachers to have on their grade sheet.

These features would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add an assignment submission lock deadline

Add the option, as per Moodle, to have a further deadline beyond which submissions become locked.

Deadline 1: Submission deadline

-- late submission period --

Deadline 2: No submissions accepted by Teams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow a teacher to request a student to resubmit an assignment even after due date

Sometimes it is very important to allow a student to resubmit an assignment even after due date at the request of the teacher. The teacher should be able to allow this to occur, adding a comment as to why necessary. This sometimes occurs when students submit wrong version which is not noticed until the teacher is beginning the marking process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please set up a notifications system for teachers to be notified when students turn in assignments.

It would be great to see a notification directly on the team listed in the left-hand column, and then to be able to filter the assignments in the assignment tab to find the assignments with submissions, not having to scroll until you find the assignment with the ratio indicating something has been turned in.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notify me of late submission of assignments

It would be great if I had a notification every time a student submits an assignment after the deadline, or re-submits following feedback. I have no way of tracking this other than manually going in to the assignments to see which ones haven't been returned, which is difficult when you have many classes with many assignments!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow collecting all grades into one grade sheet or one interface

Collect all grades from assignments of one channel into one gradebook.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. forms response new submissions on top option!

Place a setting for new form responses to be put at top of the response list or an option to sort responses. Managing all of these late assignments requires me to scroll down to the bottom every time there is a new late response.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Students shouldn't be able to edit work that's been turned in without clear annotations from Word

Students shouldn't have the ability to edit their work they've turned in but hasn't been returned OR there should be clear mark ups to show edits. Sometimes I can see the marks, and sometimes I can't. I would like consistency with this. Sneaky high schoolers like to turn in work and then go do it or edit it based on the grading.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. should add a feature where the person who got his assingment returned can reply back to the teacher from the assignment page.

so your assignment just got returned and you read the feedback, oh no your teacher miss understood and you can get a bad grade. How can you directly reply without others seeing your message? well there is not way, yet. if teams adds my idea then it can help alot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Rubrics—Export and Multiple Markers

I would like to be able to submit my rubric scores and feedback. When I submit the scores I would like this to affix the scored rubric and feedback to the bottom of the assignment as a separate page (see picture below using doctopus and goobric with Google Classroom).

Some standards will be selected for external moderation at the end of the year and we are expected to choose 8 random samples to send digitally to the National Moderators. It would be awesome if I could send the files with the marked rubric affixed to the bottom of the assignment.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Do not show comments inside Assignment drafts until whole class is returned

Currently, when giving comments inside draft documents (for feedback to students), they are visibly live to students. This means that there could be considerable time lapse between the first-read and last-read works being seen by students (which is not really equitable). "

Can the drafts being edited/reviewed by the teacher all be held in a 'locked' stated (so comments aren't visible to students) until a teacher authorizes there return (as a whole class, or as selected)?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 145 146
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base