Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Spell/grammar check in Assignment Feedback boxes.

Would it be possible to put a spell and grammar check into the feedback boxes. This would save time on cutting and pasting into Word and back again to check all is correct. Many thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can you unreturn a piece of work?

As teachers, we would like to be able to 'unreturned' work or flag work which needs adding to. At the moment, it relies on the student going back over their work. This is unhelpful to a teacher who is trying to ensure students edit and improve work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Swipe right to view next student submission

To many click to mark one class set of assignments. Could you allow the teachers to be able to swipe(click) right for next submission (rather than student, then click submission).
    Turn-it In on Moodle had this feature, very time saving.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Filter and pin assignments Save Time!

I would like to be able to filter an assignment using tags.

Also to pin up to 3 assignments for quick access.

Finding as assignment takes a long time when you have hundreds.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. View all the work that has been submitted today/ this week across all assignments set in Teams.

I am approaching a deadline for coursework which has been set over 12 weeks through quite a few assignments. I now need to mark the remaining pieces of coursework which students submit this week - without having to search through multiple classes and assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Handing in being ticked when no work is actually handed in

Students are currently able to tick the handed in when they have not handed anything in or attached anything, thus making it look like they have completed their assignment.
    Please can this feature somehow only be able to be ticked if they have commented in a box(in regards to work) or actually attached something. Then we know that work has actually been handed in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Toggle assignments set my me or others

It would be really good if I had the option to only see assignments that I have set in the assignments tab.
    I share a number of teams with other teachers (e.g. our a-level groups have 2 teachers but 1 team) and it's quite stressful looking at my assignments tab and seeing lots of things that aren't mine!
    It's useful to be able to see these assignments, but it would be good if there was a toggle option to see 'assignments only set by me' and then 'all assignments'.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Calendar of achievments

My idea is to create a future every time you hand in an assignment students will be proud of them self's why don't we have an achievable calendar when you hand in an assignment it gives you a badge to collect on your achievement calendar that way the student will be proud of him self and keep working harder to achieve more badges and be happy and focused in the next class to do well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No attachment, so no Turn in option should be present

You should make one change that the student cannot turn in or hand in without any attachment.
    Like in the image here, I am able to turn in this assignment even without any attachment. So please make this change, as the students of our school misuse the same.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. change assignment settings for multiple classes

We can assign an assignment to multiple classes, but when you change any settings (like due date or resources attached), you have to go into each individual class to make those changes. Shouldn't we be able to just change for all classes at once?? Please and thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. assignment reminder

You can set a reminder for 1 day before or 2 hours before so that you will not forget about the assignment

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Be able to use tags to group students when creating assignments.

It would be great to group large classes of students with tags and then use these tags to assign specific tasks using assignments instead of individually selecting each student.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notify at mobile phone

On mobile phone didn't show up the notification when the teacher upload a new task or when someone/teacher start a new session (a meeting call).
    Even it'll helpful a notification when the task it's gonna pass and isn't delivery. [Hopefully this get sense]

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be great to be able to have a rolling assignment for homework that would repeat every day, or on chosen days.

It's a pain having to create a new assignment every day for homework. I know that the students could use their notebooks to submit their homework, but I prefer assignment. I also know that you can use a previous assignment, but you still have to update the due date, which is a pain. Also, its easy to forget to create a homework assignment every day.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be helpful to be able to set yourself a personal assignment (Students)

Some teachers don't set assignments, instead just setting you work verbally. It would be nice to be able to create a personal assignment if you are as student.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Feedback printed alongside document

It would be great if it would be possible for the Feedback section to be able to printed alongside a document from the students work - so that if work is printed for files / books they have all the feedback that has been given.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Email students in class groups when a new assignment is set in one of their Teams

I don't know if I am missing a trick... I can see how students are notified within Teams of a new assignment, but I would like them to know there is a new assignment without needing to open Teams.

It would be great if there were a setting to alert students via email when a new assignment is set.

It would be great if there were a setting to alert students who have not submitted work in an assignment that they are approaching the deadline.

It would be great if assignment deadlines were integrated into their Calendar (as live meetings…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. What's unread in Assignments? - (No idea Absolutely!)

What's unread in Assignments? - No idea 🤔..
    I have turned in about 20 to 30 assignments and many of them I have got as returned too..
    I am happy with the service of Teams; but there is a problem..
    It's that, after turning so many assignments, and if any of it returns, I get a notification continuously and I also see that Assignments is unread (Screenshot attached).
    I too have a lot of activity with my account, so I also don't know to come, what's unread. And then too we can see the dot as 'Unread'.
    So it would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create Assignments

When I open an assignment, it takes too long to load when I need to be fast. The network was smooth, this also happened to my friend. Please

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 132 133
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base