Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding/deleting students to assignment

After an assignment has been published, I wish I could add a student to an assignment. In our school students can choose day by day if they are going to come to school or be virtual through TEAMS, this makes creating assignments on TEAMS very difficult. I want to be able to add or delete students from assignments after they have been published for this reason.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Assignment viewing

It would be useful once students have submitted an assignment or the assignment has closed they should not be able to go back in and see the assignment. I have been giving my quizzes virtually through TEAMS and I just found out that when I grade said assignment the students can see my writing (correct answers and work) in real time. I don't want them to be able to see my writing on the document until after I have returned the assignment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Edit Channel in a Teams Assignment

I would like the ability to edit the channel of an assignment after I post an assignment. Occasionally, I will forget to add this option, and once the assignment is posted, I can not go back and edit it. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Additional Messages

I was thinking that an extra dialogue box could be available when you turn in an assignment so if you want to make a request to the teacher.
    such as with a coursework draft, if I want to ask the teacher if there are any improvements that can be made (font size or margin space) if they don't want to open their emails and make an email to me, so it would be a lot faster and more helpful. i know this exists for the teachers for the feedback section, but if the students could have a query box or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please give us a weight Gradebook

Gradebook: This is common in LMS. Each assessment would carry a certain weight and belong to a particular category. For example, mid-term exam (10%), if a mid-term exam was a category this category is 10% of the total marks. Gradebooks do the calculations for us so that we don't have to. It also sends out notifications to students if a grade has been entered or a grade has been changed.
    Attendance: Attendance can be taken for a particular clas,s and at the end of the semester, the total attendance for that said class can easily be determined by clicking the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. score in assingments sumary

In assingments summary for parents display score for an assingmens

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add the option for students to edit responses in a Microsoft Forms quiz

Allow students to go back and amend their grades (as you can do in google classroom) so that teachers can give feedback and then students can improve their work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. gamification tools - points, levels and time periods

Hi :)
    I am having tremendous difficulties counting the scores/points of my students I give them for their online learning performance. There is no summary chart or any means that would help me to make it fast and efficient to figure out what mark they deserve at the end of a month. They also need to see their progess compared to their teammates/group members.

My suggestion: to make it easier to follow the points my students get for their assignments, it would be handy to have a feature that enables us to chunk the materials issued on the basis of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. allow people to leave points when they submit their work

the people who submit their work should be allowed to to leave points or feedback n their own work e.g "not complete yet, need more time"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. app google classrom to app

adding google classroom to the app store on teams

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. due date notifications

Please provide the ability to have students receive notifications of assignments the day before their due date. They would simply get a message saying that an assignment is due tomorrow.

It should include an option for teachers to toggle the notification on and off so that we can put it just on major assignments or all assignments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Return all submitted for Quizzes

While I love the "check all" box that allows a teacher to Return all the students' assignments at once, I wish there was an option to return all of the students who had a score. For example, when giving a Forms Quiz, sometimes I want to return the assignment to the students who have completed the quiz, but not for the students who haven't yet completed the quiz. I have to manually check the boxes for each student who completed the quiz (or uncheck the boxes of those who didn't if I use the check all option).

This isn't the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Somehow let the teacher know when a student uploads documents to their assignment.

Have a column between the "Status" and "Feedback" column. There would be a check mark showing when a student uploaded/attached work. Currently I have to look at every student's folder inside of Teams to find uploaded work. This takes a lot of time. It is much faster/easier for me to use One Note for Windows 10 to review work, because I can click through their folders quickly, but I miss any work that is attached through Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change Focus to the Feedback Dialog Box

When I click on an assignment to grade, I would like the focus of the cursor to be in the Feedback box NOT the student file. Too often my feedback is entered in the student's work instead of where it belongs causing me more work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Open chat in new window in the Teams feature. If I am grading someone's paper but also wish to chat with them, it is difficult.

Let the teacher open a chat with the student in a different window while grading their paper.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Feedback in assignments has additional features including bold lettering, underlining and emojis

Feedback would include the facility to add bold lettering, under lining and emojis and even simple reward stickers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. it would be very conveniant if we can organise our assignments into folders

this way we would be able to easily find the assignment in; for example a specific topic in the subject. or when revising we can easily go through feedback from the assignments in a certain topic when they are all together instead of having to search for them seperately

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. gradebook

Add a column to gradebook without posting an assignment.
    This would be useful for offline or third party assignments that don't integrate into Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. See all assignments for one student

Please add a feature where we can see all the assignments for one specific student. We've been hybrid for a long time, and it's very difficult filtering through all the assignments every time when I'm only trying to find the assignments for these two specific students who were either in quarantine or are distance-learning. It would also make it more practical so that we can see at a glance if a student is missing any assignments.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 137 138
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base