Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow more participants to show up when using the camera feature.

Max of 4 people show up when using camera in Teams - My whole "Team" doesn't display at one time unless someone speaks. Zoom, WebEx, and other platforms provide this - I wish Team would provide the same experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow user to choose time limits for availability.

Team shows me away after 10-15minutes, but I'm still working at my computer. I would like to control the idle times like Skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recovering multiple chats for event response into a timeline of events

Recently we had an Event Respose to a server issue. When we run into issues we start a teams chat with an Event Response group. Ideally we all talk in there so we can easily recover our history to come up with Post Event Documentation.

However, in an emergency situation we dont always chat in the one nice box, usually i am talking to 3-4 coworkers at the same time to resolve server issues.

What i would like is a way to extract multiple conversations, from a certain time period and it could consolidate all my chats, and arrange them…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. When users visit the Notebook tab in a Team and access different sections or pages, then move to a different tab or channel, they should be

If I access the Class/Staff Notebook tab and go to a specific section or page, if I leave that tab and then return to it, I would like the last page/section visited to display (not the Welcome to Class Notebook landing page).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export grades from Microsoft Teams to Excel with SIS ID

Please add the ability to select fields such as SIS ID when we export assignment grades from teams. We need to be able to export our grade file with an SIS ID in order to import it directly into our SIS.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Only certain assignments with a key word appears for parents and guardians on the digest.

As a teacher, I use Teams for both classwork and homework assignments but I do not necessarily want parents seeing what I have set for classwork assignments. Is there a way which only the assignments with the key word Homework (or Prep as we call it) will show to parents in the digest?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable users to change default for notices

Currently, the default for teams and channels is to not notify members when there is a communication. You have to go in and change it so it notifies you for each channel, which is hard if you've never been notified in the first place. Can the default be to notify anytime there is a communication and then users can choose to not be notified? I understand that some people may get annoyed with the constant messages but it is worse to never be notified — you may miss a very important conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. include English (UK) keyboard language

currently, you cannot set your default language to English (UK), this means that while writing up notes etc. red underlines appear non-stop telling me I am spelling things wrong because UK uses an 's' while the US use a 'z'

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Manage Team Analytics improved date ranges

Under manage team you are able to see an analytics tab. It would be beneficial for this to have a significantly increased date range to choose from, and also the ability to select between date ranges. This is a really helpful feature.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Open Teams in multiple windows

In OneNote you can open the app in a new window by pressing Ctrl+m. I need that in Teams. For example if I am viewing a planner and then want to view a document, then I have to navigate back to the planner again.
    Very important! I think this is the main reason Teams has not yet become my work-environment of choice.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sort assignments by category

Students and Teachers should be able to filter assignments by category in the assignments section, not just in each individual team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Poor translations need to be improved

The language in translated versions of Teams should be proofread by qualified humans. The button "schedule" that must be clicked to post tasks in the future has been autotranslated to "tidsplan" in Norwegian, which is a correct translation of the noun "schedule", but it makes no sense in a context which requires a verb. A human would spot this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Word Document Bookmarks and Hyperlinks Not Functioning in Teams - Only in Desktop App

I created document bookmarks and hyperlinks within a long document, so our team can efficiently identify needed content; however, that feature is not accessible in the Teams or Browser view. That feature is only available in the Desktop App.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. More than One Person Open a Doc Using Desktop App

When more than one person attempts to open a document using the desktop app, the document closes. There should be a way for more than one person to open the same document using the desktop app, as many features in the Desktop App are not available in View in Teams or View in Browser. This makes document collaboration challenging.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Redesign the UI

I find the layout completely incomprehensible. It's just an assortment of material design components barfed all over the canvas. There's so much UI hidden behind and under stuff, frames without borders so you don't know where the menu ends, the content begins or where the scroll bar is at, which itself is TINY and doesn't scroll all the way to the bottom of what appears to be the content window. It just hurts to use it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Multiple channels selection - to set same settings all in one go

It would be very helpful if we could select multiple channels in Microsoft Teams by holding SHIFT or CONTROL and clicking.
    This would help when setting the same channel notification settings all in one go for the selected channels, rather than having to do it individually for every channel one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The ability to assign one assignment to multiple Teams

It would be great to be able to create an assignment in Teams and choose which Teams to post it to at the same time as opposed to having to go to each Teams and copy the assignment. Similar to the new update where we can post an announcement to multiple teams at once. Thanks for all you do. Teams is great!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 139 140
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base