Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It would be helpful if you can see missed chats. I would have never know I missed a chat if i did not search for the persons name to see it.

It would be helpful if you can see missed chats. I would have never known I missed a chat if i did not search for the persons name to see it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable Student Work Upload

In the Assignments editor, I would like the option to disable the ability for students to upload their work. I spend time creating templates or pages with the appropriate formatting that I want the students to use, but some students are just uploading an additional file missing the formatting or otherwise creating unnecessary confusion. This could go into the new overflow menu where we can pick if we will allow late work or not.

Thanks, love this integration otherwise!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Microsoft Stream videos attached by students as links don't show up the marking view on Teams

Assignment marking takes significantly longer by having to open each link in a browser window and then using split-screen to use the rubric on Teams while providing grades to students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. unock it

unblock

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Rubric - Ability to see full rubric for a student after it is completed

When you have bigger rubrics, it would be nice to be able to open up the rubric as a whole when filling it out for a student rather than to go item by item to fill it out. It's nice to be able to see it when you go to the student view and open up the full rubric. This would be the style that would be nice to see once it is completed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Alert if assignment turned in without attachment

Currently, when students go to Assignments to Turn In work all they need to do in order to think they are done is to click the Turn In button. It doesn't matter if they have added a file or not. I wish that one of two things (or both) would happen.
    A) When they hit Turn-In, if no attachment is there they receive a notification confirming that they have not hit Turn In. They can still continue turning it in after they clear the notification. But that helps confirm that they have added the file.,

B) When giving an assignment,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Assign task to youself

I would like to be able to assign tasks to myself inside the app, as it comes in handy if I need to assign something to myself, which a teacher has not set. I'm not sure if this is already possible though...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Parents/Guardians real-time full view of child's Teams inclusive of assignments, class notebooks, etc.

Need a parent login/app/access to view in real time all of their child's Teams information including class notebooks, assignments, chats, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add resource to student assignment

As a teacher, I want to add work to a students assignment. This may be a photo I've taken or a video. This way I can keep all evidence of the student's work in one place for easy review later. This is different than adding a resource to the assignment when you create the assignment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add a share button

Add a share button because I was just assigned homework, but there is no share button and so I don't know how to share my homework.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search project cards on planner board

We use the Planner boards for organizing our projects. It would be great if we could run a search of the entire board as we have many projects and the scroll function can be cumbersome.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. International characters

Please allow shortcut keys for question marks and exclamation points in Teams and OneNote. They work in Word, but only limited international characters are available in OneNote.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I'm wondering why it's not possible to save documents directly into the Files section on Teams from Onedrive?

I have a Onedrive Folder where I keep my class materials and I would like to be able to share some of these materials with my learners. However, when I try to do this, there doesn't seem to be any simple way of uploading documents into the Files section of Teams from Onedrive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow for more than 10 criteria to be added on a rubric in assignments

When creating a rubric there are times when more than 10 criteria need to be added. This feature would allow more in-depth use of rubrics for large assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Increase TEAM member limit to 10,000 or more

Currently, I believe the members limit is set to 5,000 for a company/org. My school district has over 8,000 staff and having a single TEAM to assist with adoption and reframe all staff to consider TEAMS usage for ALL internal communication will be extremely beneficial. Consider this an option for a district deep in TEAMS rollout to avoid the need for an "Intranet" as it's always been known and bring substance and consistency to the platform for all user-types already confused between the fantastic Office 365 suite of tools.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sort buckets in planner

When you view your buckets in planner, it would be great to be able to filter by priority, label, etc., in each grouping

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Adjust camera brightness in MS Teams

We need the ability to adjust the camera brightness in MS Teams. The camera is very dark and no matter how I adjust the camera in the software or outside of Teams it will not appear brighter within Teams video chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Feedback Students Before Turning In An Assignment

It'll be very useful for students to be able to add a note/ add feedback before turning their assignments.

For example, if a student wanted to add a note saying why they turned an assignment late, they can't tell the teacher before seeing them physically, which might have an effect on their grades in some cases.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Intergrate Photo Editing to Teams

Art teachers that are using Teams would like to mark up and return photographs of art projects in Teams Assignments. If Teams could include the Photo Editor from MS Paint or similar, it would be very helpful.

Currently, once an artwork is turned in, the teacher needs to download it, edit it and email back to the student instead of doing a mark-up, grading, and returning the assignment to the student all in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Button to scroll to last entry read

In a long chat with several contributors, it would be advantageous to have a button that takes the user to the part of the conversation they last read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 128 129
  • Don't see your idea?

Schools and Universities

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.