Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calendar delegated permissions - managing a person's calendar on their behalf.

My role involves managing other people's calendars - would like to be able to manage their calendars through Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can we also get an average for the student?

Thank you for the grade feature and exporting to excel!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable status (Users using @ mentions to chat)

Even with chat disabled, students are using the status window to @ other students and talk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Canned Comments

Canned comment templates to select from.

Teachers could enter repeated used comments in a drop down menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. turn off notifications on shifts

Turn off notifications so that shifts updates in the background so a team of 40 people are not getting attacked with shifts changes all the time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. allow users to personalize the view

I would like to see this have a feature similar to the Microsoft Outlook email inbox where you can switch views while looking at the chat conversations. It would be helpful to stack the list of contacts above the chat window so you can make it slim and vertical instead of bulky and horizontal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. censor Hate language

As a Teacher and owner of the team I'd like to be able to set some language conventions to be applied to the Conversations tab.

I'd like to be able to block all common swear words. Also the ability to add additonal custom words might be useful.

What would be amazing if MS could use some of it's AI powers to scan a message and flag comments it think might be abusive and hide them until the owner has approved them.

Currently Teams has the ability to mute people etc which is a useful tool. But it would be nice…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages & Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Name abbreviations

The names in feeds appear to have changed to first name initial and then last name - or simply first and middle name initials.
    This is very confusing with similar initials. Please revert back to showing first and last names.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have an area where teachers can share and create assignments

It would be great if the teacher had an area that they could just create all of their assignments and not distribute them. It means that teachers could share this space and they could create all of their shared assignments for the year. This would mean that they could then just assign them when and where they want. I have actually had to create a team that my colleagues share ownership of and we make assignments in there but this is a bit difficult. A tab, possibly a bit like the planner app, where you could create them would be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For staff collaboration, it would be useful to have the ability to search tasks in Planner for key words across users, channels and teams

For Staff collaboration I would like the ability to search Planner tasks for key words. And have that ability across teams, channels, and individual task assignments

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Change team picture without changing name or privacy settings

When changing Team picture, you must also change the Team Name or the Public/Private setting to save new picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Notices when anything new has been updated to the team

Anytime anything is added to one of the teams or a new message, users should get some kind of notice that there are changes and show under activity where they are. It should already be a part of the function for Teams. Instead of having to keep looking to see if anyone has updated something and WHERE?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a quick access toolbar to onenote

OneNote 2016 has a quick access toolbar and I hope to see this feature on the OneNote desktop app soon. It's extremely useful for grabbing different pen colors, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Kids can create Teams

You can make it where kids can create Teams that way if people need help with something they go to the team and type it in. It can be a way for Kids to communicate with other children.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. read only

It would be great to have the option to add someone as a Read-Only member of teams (similar to Google's Viewer user type).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Organising teams 100's of Teams

I would love to have the option to create folders with-in the Teams interface so I can click and drag teams into folders/buckets or whatever so I can organise them. I know you can hide them but I need more if possible

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a setting to change the time limit on the tabs

Imagine you're doing an assignment and you open a new tab to search up something. What feels like 5 seconds you come back to your assignment and it's blocked you. It asks you if you're still there and you click yes, then you go back to your research. 5 seconds later you go back and again it asks you the same thing.
    It's very frustrating and i think it would be better if you can change the time limit on this. For example: 15 minutes, 20 minutes.. I think it would just be MUCH better and way less annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Give the ability to make an assignment optional.

As a teacher, I sometimes give assignments that are optional. It would be nice to be able to somehow mark this in Teams so when a student doesn't do the assignment, it doesn't show as missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add LinkedIn Learning App

Add Linked in Learning App so it would be easy to share a specific Course or Video for a Team to view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be very useful to be able to create a private channel within a private channel.

It would be very useful to be able to create a private channel within a private channel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 135 136
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base