Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deleting or editing chat messages

How come Teams doesn't have a delete/edit message function, but even this platform has that function available. This isn't good because then you can't get rid of accidental messages that you weren't meant to send, or was meant to be sent to someone else.
    I honestly don't know why Teams doesn't have this feature, because literally almost every other chat platform has a delete/edit function.
    Please add this feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Disable ability to create Teams chat groups without disabling chat

As a school, we would like our students to be able to use the chat function with teachers. However, to prevent cyberbullying etc. we would like to be able to disable the ability for students to create their own chat groups.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable ability to create Teams chat groups without disabling chat

As a school, we would like our students to be able to use the chat function with teachers. However, to prevent cyberbullying etc. we would like to be able to disable the ability for students to create their own chat groups.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. manage assignment members after posted

I had created an assignment for my team members. All of them were "Owner" of the team, but I changed their status to "member" just before the assignment was posted. After the assignment time was closed, I changed them back into Owners. But now, they can not view the assignment. Is there any way to make them view the assignment?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. If someone is removing other person then other person should be able to know that who removed him/her.

We can add the popup msg feature which shows. "(person username) removed you from the meeting when someone removes someone from the meeting".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Voice Mesages For Windows 10 And ETC

Like When My Friends Are In Mobile So They Always Send Me Voice Messages And Tell Me To Send One So I Always Have To Record A Voice Message From Recorder and Download It And Send It To Them So I Would Like To Have Voice Messages For Laptop AKA Windows 10,8,7

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Put chat icon back on sidebar

The icon for "chat" was removed, put it back!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Able to direct message our teacher/ specific people in classroom.

Able to direct message our teacher/ specific people in classroom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Control Options

Good morning.

1. Is there a way an owner can disable/mute all participants and unmute them when they are required to give opinions?
      2.Can you also have an option for owners to allow them have control overs members from deleting others from the teams platform?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. tests security - stop the cheating

How can we stop our students cheating. We let them put teams cameras on phones so we can see their screens and hands, but still they manage to google and do stuff. what can we do.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Coordinator view

As a coordinator I have to go in and out of classes to check the time the classes started and finished. I can see in the chat what time the class started but there is no way to see what time it finished.

It would be helpful if coordinators view showed all classes so I could see that there is a class without having to go into it. I hope this makes sense. Like an overall picture of the status of my teams so I can see where I need to go in and where everything is going smoothly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My name is not displayed when I'm using the Android app in my phone. Please fix it.

There is no edit option in my displayed name when I'm using MS Teams in my phone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. make enter full screen

when in the meeting make the enter full screen option

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ill-Functioning Drawing Function

While using the draw feature in my Class Notebook on the OneNote feature in Teams it was impossible to write anything and while the screen jumped around the page my style drew over my homework repeatedly. I was forced to type out my French homework without the proper accents and am overall incredibly frustrated as this has been happening a lot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. you can introduce to correct the classword by produing markers

you can introduce to correct the classword by produing markers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a mute feature in desktop version

there is a mute feature in the mobile version whereas in the desktop version it seems to it doses not have that feature .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. i am not getting the option of background plz fix it

make a column for background and in browser version

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. allow choice of putting meeting recordings in files

It would be great if there was an option that teachers or team owners could set up to automatically post recordings to the files section of a team, or to automatically go to the Owner's OneDrive. This would allow the Owner to post a link or send a link as necessary without clogging up the posts in the Team or having to use Stream (especially for those with the A1 and A1 Plus licenses without the direct upload to Stream). The process of downloading the file and then uploading it to the files section and/or OneDrive is a pain and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 506 507
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base