Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. By allowing different membership in a public and private channel.

I have a project Team with a number of different channels. I would like to add a number of new private channels with the option of involving some additional members who are restricted to the private channels, but we dont want them to access the parent Team channel. This need comes about because we are working with an external consultant who we would like to interact with on some Work Packages through private channels, but they should not have access to the general public channel of the project. This set up does not appear to be possible at present.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add things that aren't meetings to calendar

A calendar should be multifunctional. All I can do right now is schedule meetings. It would be nice if I could put in upcoming test dates, if assignment due dates went up automatically etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Give the ability to reorder the default tabs at the top.

I don't use Class Notebook and rarely use Assignments, and they take up valuable real estate and can be confusing for students since they are the first thing they see. Being able to move them to the far right would be very helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. What opens when I open Teams

When I open Teams, it always opens in the last space I was in, it will open the document, in the Team that I was working in. I almost never want to go back to the same place. I would prefer that Teams open to the home area where I see all my Teams and can go from there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. اصلاح خيار

اتمنى ان تصلحوا خيار تغيير الصورة الشخصية

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop the Teams app version of word destroying document formatting.

Either fix the in Teams version of word so that it doesn't destroy the formatting of even a mildly complex document with objects.

Or

Make opening a docx in the word app the default

Or

Give me an option when setting the assignment that allows me to force the document to open in the team members app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make MS Teams application available for older devices which are running below IOS 10

Some of the schools we manage, unfortunately have older iPads and run older version of IOS devices and Android devices. Is it possible to have the Teams application available for all device versions to help Parents with remote learning as well as the schools.

Thank you
    Vishal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop pranksters from ruining the class

In most of our classes, all users are presenters, giving everyone the authority to mute and kick people. This creates a huge discord and a problem and we can't even detect who the prankster is, please add a feature that says who has kicked you from the room when it happens. Also I hope there can be penalties for such actions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Insights  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Completed Assignment appears as new again and again (bug)

I have already turned in an assignment, but it reappears like a new assignment every time I open "Assignments". It also considers it turned in, so I don't know what to do to make it disappear. I have also tried turning it again, but it still appears again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The ability to edit usernames for themselves instead of giving set usernames

If a username is accidentaly set incorrectly then the user should be given the chance to edit their username to match what they want it to be

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello Microsoft Teams

Your communication platform is really helpful for me as a student during these times of online schooling, however a small change can be made so our students life can become easier.
    Could you please do an update where team participants are notified when a meeting starts, with a call or a specific ringtone, that would be really helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. page colour

Would it not be a good idea to be able to change the page colour in Teams to help with reading

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create a link to the comments in assignments

Like many schools and college's, we have to use several systems to track student progression, attendance, creating SMART targets etc. I think a link to the feedback in Teams (assignments) would be a useful tool for teachers to be able to integrate Teams, to our college systems and for setting targets for our students.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. To see whether the speaker is audible to others in the tile dedicated to The speaker

It is very difficult to know whether I am audible to all others in the meeting. There should be some sort graphics in the tile dedicated to the speaker (like in google meet) when I am speaking.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Push to Talk is a feature that is missing and must be added

Usage of space bar to push and then unmute to talk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. backround

backround

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. make a widgets for ios 14 on apple

make a widgets for ios 14 on apple like your show your chats quick join meetings etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 670 671
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base