Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I would like the option to hide my video for my view only, so that I can focus on other people rather than look at myself.

I would like the option to hide my video for my view only, so that I can focus on other people rather than look at myself. My video would still be showing to everyone else, but I couldn't see my own if I chose to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. having direct calendar access to individual team members, or groups of team members

to see a team member's availability now, i have to click on the calendar, choose their name, then click on availability. if i could have a direct calendar view of indiv team members or groups of members it would be extremely helpful

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. if everyone leaves and only 2 are left they cant leave

if everyone leaves and only 2 are left they cant leave so can you please change this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. UI OVERHUAL

i would like a UI overhaul it would make it look fresh and cool please it would be amazing and add more emojis that's my request good bye

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to switch off self image

I teach drama and find that my students are really self-conscious about having their cameras switched on. An option to be able to stop seeing their reflected self image on the screen would really help reduce this self-consciousness. By removing the distraction of seeing their own image, students would be able to focus more easily on the content of the lesson.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Close off posts to reactions

We can already close off posts so that students cannot reply to them. I would love to be able to close posts off to reactions as well. I often use reactions as an attendance record or to verify when students have seen certain posts, but I would like to be able to enforce deadlines for those reactions and be able to close the posts after a certain amount of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to share a PPT slide with all rooms at once when students in breakout room.

It would be great to be able to share a PPT slide with all groups in their breakout rooms so that they are able to e.g. discuss an image that is on their screen or questions from a slide. It is very frustrating that this is not a feature!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Be able to share a PPT slide with all rooms at once when students in breakout room.

It would be great to be able to share a PPT slide with all groups in their breakout rooms so that they are able to e.g. discuss an image that is on their screen or questions from a slide. It is very frustrating that this is not a feature!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Group Learning Calls

It would be great if students can have an individual meetings all under the observation of the teacher at the same time for group learning.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Channel

Hello dear teams ..
    If you can allow the student to change the class / channel name .. but only he can see it .. cause all class names by default and it's so confusing for us to know all of them .. we did spoke to the organiser to change it but they won't change it .. thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Chat Notifications

Could you move the location of the chat box?? because the chat notifications perfectly blocks the text field which prevents me from typing anything.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. View Team on Assignment Page

A button beside each assignment on the assignment tab, or a button where you view the individual assignment to bring you into the Team that created the assignment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. it Would be great if the Microsoft teams has an feature to allow to arrange the teams individually for better management of teams

basically we could arrange each channel based in a specific file to be more productive and easier to enter channels. example: if we have several channels like grade 9 and grade 10 we could arrange all the related channels based on the grades

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. it Would be great if the Microsoft teams has an feature to allow to arrange the teams individually for better management of teams

basically we could arrange each channel based in a specific file to be more productive and easier to enter channels. example: if we have several channels like grade 9 and grade 10 we could arrange all the related channels based on the grades

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add a changing speed feature for .mp4 files (e.g. saved recordings)

Please add a changing speed feature for .mp4 files such as saved recordings within the desktop app. This would be extremely useful for students who want to go back to a class recording and watch it faster.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. See if other people have viewed your message

Once you post a message, you can then see if other people in the group have viewed your message. To maintain privacy, the other users can block this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Chatting, and sharing the screen

Most of the new students who join are able to chat even if it is blocked. So it will be useful if students can chat with each other and the teacher and share screen as a presenter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Touchbar Buttons are off

The touchbar buttons are wrong... they are two pixels too tall, making them clip into the edges. the touchbar is presumably smaller on touchbar gen2.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 807 808
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base