Schools and Universities

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams for Schools & Universities. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cn you make the sync timer smaller as my classes exist for about 15 mins so i will be late. (Sync Bouton would help)

All i ask is a sync bouton and no more as it would definitely help me get to my classes. It maters little now though because I will be back a school tomorrow.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. give channel privacy control to the channel owner

In order to change a private setting to standard, I have to create a new channel instead. That isn't a solution, that's a work around. Please give control back to the user. And it would be nice to be able to combine multiple teams into one. It would be great if a calendar invite could be created within a channel setting, too. I could go on.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Page Blocking in Assignments

When students submit an assignment, the attached work should have an option to be BLOCKED from student view. It currently LOCKS, meaning the students have read-only access.

If "assignments" is supposed to simulate paper assessments, then when they hit submit, it should be blocked from student view. (Like turning in the test paper.) Read-only access should be restored when the teacher returns the assignments (like handing back the test papers.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Assignments & Grades  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Input grades to a set assignment from OneNote ClassNotebook

You should be able to input grades in OneNote Classnotebook which refer to a set assignment in Teams. On top of this, adding the text feedback. Can an option be added to the ribbon allowing the addition of grades through OneNote to speed up marking and the duplication of tasks.

Context: I set my work via Teams assignments using a OneNote page. When I mark my students work in teams it is slow, having to open OneNote Online individually for each student and then having to go to "draw" each time - I mark with a stylus.

To make it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Class Notebook  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. update status from offline to online when message posted

Add a feature that, if your status is offline and you post a message, automatically sets your status to online.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX & Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Change how long you have to be out of the Microsoft Teams window before it asks you if you are still there.

I regularly need to look at a piece of evidence or something on one Microsoft Teams window, and then write up a paragraph on another window. Because of this I am constantly switching between the evidence and the paragraph window. So I find it really annoying when I am on one for a few minutes and I go back and see the 'Are you still here'. Pressing ok will refresh Teams and send me off the thing I was one. Could you please change it so that I can flick between multiple open Microsoft tabs without having to constantly click…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Change how long you have to be out of the Microsoft Teams window before it asks you if you are still there.

I regularly need to look at a piece of evidence or something on one Microsoft Teams window, and then write up a paragraph on another window. Because of this I am constantly switching between the evidence and the paragraph window. So I find it really annoying when I am on one for a few minutes and I go back and see the 'Are you still here'. Pressing ok will refresh Teams and send me off the thing I was one. Could you please change it so that I can flick between multiple open Microsoft tabs without having to constantly click…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. @Everyone

Sometimes you just wanna @ everyone in a chat for an important message, but @everyone would allow you to do that

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bluetooth Connection Hearing impaired

I am a hard of hearing college student. I use hearing aids with bluetooth connection but whenever I use Teams on my laptop the connection does not work. It used to work in the past though. Is there anything you can do?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add users IP addresses as a default feature to track attendance and location

the feature was available before and was very useful in tracking students locations specially for large classes. but it is not available anymore for some reason.. any idea?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As M1 macbooks are becoming more common in the industry, i think its high time that microsoft updated teams to be native on m1 macbooks.

Currently, due to the rosetta emulation layer, teams is taking up huge amount of ram. Please fix this and make a native app for Apple silicon

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change the color of "Submit" button on MS Forms

We conduct our exams and quizzes via MS Forms. Most of the time, going through the exam pages, I tend to overlook the "Submit" button and mistakenly consider it as "Next" since it has the same color. Most of the students tend to submit the exams instantly even if they still wanted to go through their items first before submitting it.

Just a thought that maybe you could change the button color of "Submit" to a different one. Maybe a red? Just to make it obviously different from the "Next" button.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. transcript clean up

It would be great if the downloadable Teams transcription file matched up with the "Recordings & Transcripts" version built in Teams. For example, if someone pauses while speaking, on the "Recordings & Transcripts" version, it just enters the text after the pause on a new line but still under the same heading and time stamp. However, when you download the file, the speech after the person paused would be under a new entry with the name and time stamp specified again. The repetitive nature of this causes downloadable transcripts to be ridiculously long and tedious to clean up. If you…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings, Calling & Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set time limit on quizzes.

I hope I can add time-limited exams for students, such as having to complete a test within 60 minutes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow teachers the ability to watch student submitted videos on the Teams App (ios)

Teachers currently can't view student reading progress video submissions within the Teams ios App. It would be great to have the ability for teachers to review the material from their phones when they have free time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow teachers the ability to watch student submitted videos on the Teams App (ios)

Teachers currently can't view student reading progress video submissions within the Teams ios App. It would be great to have the ability for teachers to review the material from their phones when they have free time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow teachers the ability to watch student submitted videos on the Teams App (ios)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Making dark mode seems less like it was designed by an animal.

Switch dark color from #0A0B0B to #36393E; change link/text color to not ******* true black so it doesn't get hidden like the attachment. Seriously who the **** made this ****.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More Controls for Owners of Teams

The ability for Owners of a Team to:
    1. Stop members scheduling/starting meetings within that specific Team
    2. Delete posts from Channels (general/standard/private)
    3. Delete meetings from Channels (general/standard/private)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 895 896
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base