Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. camera capability

Some kids are not comfortable being on camera, so it would be nice to have them be able to have cameras (video)on, but only have teachers see them and not each other (so maybe call it a teacher view option)!

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. There should be a share audio option.

There should be a share audio option for podcats.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. make 2 types of raise your hand, for questions, the other one for answers.

make 2 types of hands they would have diffrent colours, example, the asking hand is green, and the answering a question hand is red, its really bad if you were going to ask the teacher to go to the bathroom, and he thinks you are going to answer the question.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Nicknames

When on a call, some students wish to go by different names, and teachers are constantly mistaking mine, personally. We don't have the ability to appear as this nickname which can also get confusing when communicating on a call (considering you can't tag people when you are talking like you can on comments, etc.).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I wish that we could change the video format through the web browser. Currently, I can only see the video of the person talking and no one e

I wish that we could change the video format through the web browser. Currently, I can only see the video of the person talking and no one else.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great to be able to see all the videos on screen at the same time (like grid mode on Zoom)

I am a teacher and it is a lot easier to check that everyone is behaving and doing their work if I can see them all at the same time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. One way camera settings?

The last few days there has been a discussion in Norwegian Newspapers that pupils hesitate to keep the camara open, much to the teachers dismay. Teachers like to see the ones they talk to, (some) pupils printscreen other pupils that may do smth funny, impropriate or other 'faces' that is not OK to have spread on SoMe.
    It ought to be a small task for MS to have one-way camera? I as the organizer can see my audience, they see me, BUT NOT the others in the audience??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Camera kunnen gebruiken op telefoon

Camera kunnen gebruiken op je telefoon tijdens een vergadering

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change Team type to CLASS

I am a school teacher, and the problem is, when the admins created or teams from the admin panel, the type of the Teams are other than CLASS, so we can't use Assignments, Grades, Notes, Mute student from "Manage Team", can't add Insights and similar things important for teachers. Also when i try creating team using "Create a team using an existing team as a template" , and try to create CLASS type so i can transfer all things, don't show when the type its different.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a Be right back emoji

You already have emojis in teams so just add one that says bathroom or Be right back It could be a clock or a timer or anything for that matter but it would help out so much. Not only for bathroom breaks though there are many reasons to do this for me I have panic attacks and they come out of the blue and so I don't have time to tell my teachers that I can't that I'm having one so this would really hep me. Thank you so much and have a great day!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please make it when somebody kick you out of the meeting it displays his/her name

Please make it when somebody kick you out of the meeting it displays his/her name, or when he/she makes you an attendee, because its so annyoing that people can keep trolling you and u dont even know who it is. Its not something hard to implement so please do it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Change background during a live meeting

I am a parent and we use Microsoft Teams for work meets and we are able to change out back ground so that everyone in the house walking by is not visible to meeting participates. I think this would be a great option for the students as well so that family members and such are not in the background.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. adding the ability to mute people only for yourself

If someone was talking too much but there is nobody to mute them somebody could make it so they mute that person only for themselves, kind of like blocking them so they would not be able to hear their voice but still see their chat messages. That person would not be muted to others that had not muted them though

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sound

When I listen to Music in a meeting, I hear a glitch. I would love to have that Music glitch removed

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Block requesting options for young kids

My son continuously gets in trouble for pressing the “request control” button on the screen. Either that, or he has figured out how to mute a teacher. At such a young age you almost can’t blame him for pressing the big button staring him in the face, but I also can’t afford to hover over him day in and day out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Kids mute me as a joke. I cannot see who does it. Can we have a feature where it is impossible for a learner to mute the presenter?

Kids mute me as a joke. I cannot see who does it. Can we have a feature where it is impossible for a learner to mute the presenter?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base