Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add the option to flip the camera (normal rather than mirror-image) to show hard copy documents the right way round

Be able to choose the camera mode so it gives you mirror image (which is the default), or flip it to 'normal' view so that if you have to make reference to a hard copy document or a whiteboard behind you, the writing isn't backwards!

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. camera capability

Some kids are not comfortable being on camera, so it would be nice to have them be able to have cameras (video)on, but only have teachers see them and not each other (so maybe call it a teacher view option)!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Calls

I say we need a callinng system in teams that is different than meetings.Example, students can call eachother in a group call using teams to talk about a project. Another example, teachers can have a 1-1 talk with their students to talk about homework.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Increase the FPS of video sharing.

While sharing video with all the students. The students fps is very low. The video freeze from student's side.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to give a lesson, write something on a wall and show it to the students, while watching the students. Now it is like a mirror.

I would like to give a lesson, write something on a wall, while seeing my students. But now the camera is like a mirror. Could you fix that?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. timer

there should be a timer at the corner when the meeting is held as it will help the teacher to know how much minutes are left for the class

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change background during a live meeting

I am a parent and we use Microsoft Teams for work meets and we are able to change out back ground so that everyone in the house walking by is not visible to meeting participates. I think this would be a great option for the students as well so that family members and such are not in the background.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Shortcut keys

Add Shortcut Keys for simple functions as well

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Using Personal Accounts in Teams desktop and web app

Please add a feature in which we can use personal account in Teams desktop and web app. This feature has already been seen in Android and IOS mobile apps

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Skype In The Classroom  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. krisp

There is this voice background noises cancellation thing called Krisp and what it does it will cancel all background noises and only focus in on the users voice. it is very useful even zoom uses it.

https://krisp.ai/

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The Hand Raising feature should be more accessible on the iPad

My kindergartners are struggling to find the Raise Your Hand feature on their district given iPads. Some students don't have their videos on so I have no idea if they are raising their hands if they cannot find the Raise Your Hand feature.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. you should add a feature to change the backroud to any image

the ability to upload any image as your background for live meetings

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. You should work on video mode so that we can see all members at a time .and you should add change background on mobile also pls .

You should work on video mode so that we can see all parcipants at one time and pls add private chat during videocall and change background should be added to mobile also

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I wish that we could change the video format through the web browser. Currently, I can only see the video of the person talking and no one e

I wish that we could change the video format through the web browser. Currently, I can only see the video of the person talking and no one else.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. If the mic would be muted by the teacher, It should be muted for all students

Teacher when mutes mic, the students cannot unmute the mic themselves

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. More praise options to fit school values-perfect attendance, self-motivation, creativity, above and beyond award, turning work in on time,

More praise options to fit school values-perfect attendance, self-motivation, creativity, above and beyond award, turning work in on time, awesome attitude, math master, reading rockstar, technology whiz, etc

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. volume

Add in a feature to adjust the volume level of people in a meeting

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base