Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Assignment due dates in Calendar

Can you please link Assignment due dates to the calendar. It would be very helpful for students and staff alike to have one place where they can see when everything is happening.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Calander stops Working when their are lot of Teams and Calander did not sync data,

It really need to clear the bug when lot of teams and so many period sync on Teams showing their is a glitch and stops working on calendar And ask to again sign in .
    What is the solution for that.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assignments into Calendar

It would be great if are assignments got put automatically into our calendar so that we could be able to see all of our assignmets at one so that we can plan accordingly

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Assignments & Due Dates to Post in the Calendar; Color Coded Snapshot

Assignment Color Coded Monthly Calendar (Snapshot)

This would be a great feature to provide students a visual snapshot of assignments on a monthly calendar. Students could be able to manage time for various due dates, properly prioritize tasks, organize future communication and quickly access information.

I also suggest to link the assignment title on the calendar to the assignment criteria when students click on it.

And,if the assignments could be color coordinated that would be fantastic!!

i.e. green assignments are completed, orange assignments are not completed, red assignments are late, purple assignments are assessments, yellow assignments are due that same…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Assignment listed in calendar

So all assignments should be listed in calendar, so if an assignment is due in on the 4th of October, then on the 4th of october, it should say maths assignment due by blah blah mr

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. adding assignments with their due date

i think you should add the assignments given to students on the calendar showing the due dates and giving the students a reminder a day before the assignment is due.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Only allow meeting owners to begin and end meetings. We are having problems with pupils starting meetings really early.

Allow only meeting owners to start and end meetings so pupils cannot begin without the teacher present or carry on chatting afterwards.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sync outlook calendar with Teams Calendar

I'm trying to sync my school outlook calendar to my teams calendar. However, it seem like I cannot do it. In saying that, my teams calendar syncs to my outlook calendar.

Can we possibility look at getting this integrated?

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The biggest complaint we get from students and parents is not being able to see due dates of assignments on the calendar.

Right now we can only see meetings in the calendar. Parents and students are requesting to also see their due dates for assignments. They have several teams to jump back and forth to see assignments. This would make things much more manageable.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have the due date of assignments also post in calendar for students

Once the teacher posts an assignment, have the due date post on student calendar.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Show deadlines in calender

It would be great to be able to have assignment deadlines visible in the calendar view, so we can easily see what's what's due first - and see all the assignments that we have to complete. With so many classes it's hard to keep track of which ones have assignments and when they're needed.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Notifications on Calendar Meetings

Hello, when we schedule a Meeting on the Calendar, there is NO notifications for the people invited, it would nice to receive some type of notification

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Meeting options - Set during scheduling

In addition to being able to modify Meeting Options after a meeting is scheduled, it would be helpful to be able to set the meeting options at the time I am scheduling the meeting. This is an efficiency change because I could do this in one step instead of two since I would not have to go back into the meeting after scheduling it to update the Meeting Options.

Please note, however, that I would still want you to keep the meeting option setting as it is today available for me to change something after scheduling the meeting if I…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Colour Coded Calendar!

The calendar is great but I'd love to be able to choose different colours for different tiles.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Color coding in Teams Calendar from Outlook Calendar

I color code items in my Outlook Calendar to keep multiple tasks/events organized, but the Teams Calendar doesn't show color. This would be very helpful as I would like to use Teams as my one-stop place, but it is hard to differentiate tasks/events by groups, without opening the Calendar event.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Attendees in calendar invite

Need to be able to add everyone as attendees for a calendar invite from a channel by either selecting the team or channel in attendees field or by copy paste from word or excel. Right now it is laborious having to manually copy and paste each email into attendees (most of my attendees are guests). Need to ensue it gets into their emails and calendars. Not everyone is used to technology or Teams.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Schedule a meeting with two or more teams

Schedule meetings across multiple teams - I would like to schedule a meeting, select two to three teams to schedule it with, and have the meeting appear on each persons individual calendars.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We really need the ability to create a meeting on a private channel. Also kindly add the ability to attach in meeting invitations

We really need the ability to create a meeting on a private channel. Also kindly add the ability to attach in meeting invitations

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base