Schools and Universities

Thanks for visiting the Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education suggestion box site! We regularly review your ideas and incorporate them into product planning. To make your voice heard, be sure to vote on existing ideas and/or submit a new idea. While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we promise to read and consider all suggestions. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

Thanks for supporting Microsoft Teams in Office 365 for Education. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to delete items (files) in the share screen for general meetings.

Allow us to delete the numerous files listed in the share screen for general meeting (I'm not referring to chats).

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Class Materials folder accessible through Teams mobile apps

Currently the Class Materials read only folder is not accessible in Teams IOS app

569 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

130 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. assignments

instead of needing to view the assignments for each class, have all the assignments on the assignments page, and indicate which class it is

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Posting across channels with attachments

The option to post on multiple channels is awesome! I wish there could be a way to attach a file and share it across multiple channels. Is that a future possibility? Would really help out the teachers at our school! OR is there an alternative way to share the same content (with attachments) across multiple channels and only posting once?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. edit a pdf document in teams

If the file is a pdf document, I can attach to teams but can not edit. How can we edit a pdf document?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Have a 'Class materials' File in every channel

Can every channel have a 'Class materials' section. Or can there be an option to tick where students can't edit the document.

I have each topic set up as a channel on my Teams page and students keep clicking on the files and editing them by mistake- locking the file/ having a class materials in every channel would be a dream!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. An exam countdown timer or a clock facility that can be shared

Having the facility of an exam or task timer that the learner and host can see

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show downloading bar while downloading a file or multiple files.

Download bar should pop-up after while downloading a file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files & Class Materials  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Have an option to clear recent files in Teams

Have an option to clear recent files in Teams under Files
    Or if the recent list of files are cleared from folder option then it reflect in Teams

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the default of files as Read Only rather than just in 'Class Materials'

It is great that Class Materials is now available on mobile devices (iOS).

The vast majority of files I make available to students need to be read only. To do this I have to put them into Class Materials but this creates an additional 'click' to get into that file structure.

I would like to see the default for all files as 'Read Only' with an option to change this on a file (or folder) basis as we see fit.

I would love your thoughts on this.
    Regards,
    Gareth
    Mr GL Morris
    Vice Principal
    Clayton Hall Academy

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Downloading status

It would be great to see a sort of progress bar, showing the percentage of files currently downloaded. When trying to download several podcasts (i.e. more than 1GB), I need to check manually every 2 minutes if the files are finally downloaded.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Folder 'assignments' for students

It would be great for students to have a folder 'assignments' where all the assignments from different subjects (with deadlines) would be placed. It would be easier to organise work.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. make the class materials folder accessible through teams on ANDROID

I know this is available on IOS but it isn't currently on android

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The video volume is too quiet. Make the volume enhancer increase the volume even more.

The video volume is too quiet. Make the volume enhancer increase the volume even more.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to have the recording sessions in a chronological way, because some times the recordings get lose when you are looking for it.

You can lose the recorded class in the plataform when you are looking fot it and it is really anoying because when you miss a class and then you look if someone record it, it is just not there, but really it was just hidden in the reply's of the chat.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Let .pdf presentations to be shared in Teams (currently Powerpoint only is supported)!

Hi,

I use .pdf slides (written in LaTeX, lots of equations, tables etc.) in my classrooms, yet I cannot share them because only Powerpoint is supported, so far. It would be great to make .pdf presentations shareable in Teams.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Use (ctrl f) in files

I would like to be able to use (Ctrl f) to find specific words in files saved on Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hiding folders in class materials

Hello, We are currently moving at the moment from Moodle to Teams. A lot of our staff are asking about being able to hide folders in teams until they are needed in the class materials section.

Is this possible?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. with zoom , I was able to use my IPAD and /or phone as an external camera. I need to be able to do that with TEAMS..

I need to be able to use my IPAD /phone as an external camera, and /or access the activities i have on my ipad so that I can use more materials when I am working one on one with a student. .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show download progress (Files Tab/Downloads) for any kind of file (Currently this is not showing).

You cant see the progress of a download, like when i try to download a meetings video i cant see the progress, i can only see when this is finished.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base